Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

If you're buying one think long and hard about the recoil pad, it's needed.

As for the wood. The samples they had there, which were I think the standard wood, were very nice. Finished in a soft oil look. Should be easy enough to maintain.

Ask them to mount sling swivels!!! Such a gun needs them.

And discuss the sight arrangement. Top rib should be drilled and tapped so a alternative sight, such as the Aimpoint Micro, can be easily attached. It's a natural for close work.

Last thing I'd ask them, at least for here in Fl where I'd use it for hogs and deer in the thick stuff is if I could get the barrels at 20 inches. Might make it look a bit short but then the regulating device on the end of the barrels already ruins the lines so go for function.

I'll say it again, a fine pieces of work and a great idea on their part.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just ordered. Carol was surprised, asking where I saw them as they haven't "advertised" yet. When I told her here, she laughed and said they had taken several orders already. So:
pistol grip, beavertail, double triggers and 3X wood. They wouldn't drill and tap or install sling swivels. Wouldn't want any shorter barrel personally.
You also get to pay in full at order, no discount. She says 2 1/2 months. Hmmmm?
No one else is making one, so I'm not complaining.
Thanks again...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keadog if you don't mind what was the price? harrell68@acsalaska.net

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not at all. $3995, $175 for Beavertail, $350 for 3X and $35 Shipping/handling/insurance. Same option pricing as RBLs and assisted opening, single trigger available. Wood up to Exhibition grade, which was tempting, but I'll drop and scratch this gun in the woods, I just know it. Also Leupold 2X scope with custom mounting offered @ $500, but it wasn't the scope I wanted. Bigger base price than RBLs, but case colors standard and the barrels are rifled after all. I was looking at a Dakota slug at Steve Barnett @ $4500, right about what this gun will be. I'm really looking forward to it. I was a little unhappy having to pay in full with no discount, but if delivery is anywhere near 2.5 months (which I just can't believe based on past threads here), I'll be fine with it. Ohio deer gun is always 1st Monday after Thanksgiving, so lets hope for by summer-ish.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Do they have any guarantee about accuracy?.
I'd be very interested in one..I'd shoot home cast Ball through it though ifn i got one.
Does anyone have a Close Up of the ugly regulator bit...can't seem to see it to clearly...how does it work
What a COOL idea
cheers
Franc

Sidelock
Sidelock

Congats Keadog!

Please be sure to post many, many photos when you do receive your Rifled 20!

Mark

USMC Retired
Sidelock
Sidelock

Will your gun come milled for the Talley mounts or does one need to buy the milling, mounts and scope as a package?

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

i would mount small but good quality electroptical holosight like docter or zeiss on that piece instead of that stupid scope.
if they can guarantee certain size groups with specific sabot load or two the thing might be worth owning.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Carol said they wouldn't tap and drill other than for their Leupold 2.5X (not at all what I want). They must have bought a bunch of the scopes??? For Ohio (and most of the shotgun Midwest IMHO) I would want a 1 - 3 or 4X variable with a bigger objective lens.
I agree I would have preferred the gun be regulated for a specific load, which I would have bought several cases of.
I have wanted a rifled side by side slug gun for years, so no looking back. Don't really know why, I'm primarily a bowhunter and have, for the last 12 years, either bowhunted or not gone out during gun season.
As far as worth, I don't plan to sell it, so that's relative to the buyer. "Worth" will be my kids' problem one day, not mine...

Sidelock
Sidelock

i feel this piece will be quite collectible in the future. it will be worth more then 16ga with vr, sst, sg-pgfe (a very rare variation of rbl).

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.