April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (graybeardtmm3, eeb, skeettx, 1 invisible), 524 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,082
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Fishdock,

I agree! One could shoot and hunt with a rifled slug barrel on a pump or autoloader but a rifled SxS, that's like an elephant gun for shotgun only deer zones! For those of us who read Capstick and Colonel Corbett when we were young perhaps the thought of owning a double rifle, or in this case a double rifled shotgun, will bring back the dreams of our youth?

Mark

Last edited by MarkOue; 01/19/09 08:57 AM.

USMC Retired
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
What's the market? Who and what game is it made for? Big bear or moose in the alders?

"Daring" is the operative word. This scoped-gun in this economy, is it for the hunter who has everything? Just another gun?

There are many areas where rifles aren't allowed for deer hunting. In Ohio I can use archery equipment, shotgun, handgun or muzzleloader. Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, New York to name a few are similar.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You can put rifled barrels on a 20 gauge, but you can't put choke tubes in a 16. Yea you've got the market figured out there.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. I haven't hunted deer with a gun since 1997 (Ohio, and I primarily bowhunt), but this would be tempting. For some reason, I can't see the pictures(?). Any links to other photos? I would order one as soon as they start the ads. This with a second set of 30" multi-choked barrels would be delightful. So, there's a market of at least one buyer...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keadog,

What a great idea! 22" rifled and 30" multi-choked barrels! I want one...

USMC Retired
Sidelock
Sidelock

I do 90% of my deer hunting with shotgun and slugs, great idea.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Based on a couple of comments here it may be that there is some misconseption as to how powerful the typical 20 ga sabot load is. On average they throw a 260 grain bullet at somewhere between 1600 and 1900 FPS. In essence not much different than a very hot .44 magnum out of a levergun.

Of course what someone with a reloader and those brass cases and full sized bullets (62 cal)might come up with is another thing. Which brings me back to thinking about shooting a load such as that out of a 6 3/4 pound gun!!!!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: fishdock
Which brings me back to thinking about shooting a load such as that out of a 6 3/4 pound gun!!!!!

You won't even notice it when a 500 lb. boar with 5" ivories is bearing down on you through the palmettos. That's a promise.

I use a Ruger N0.1 in .45-70 with either a Barnes Original 300gr. or a Rem. HP 300 gr. at 2300 fps. Have been using a Leupold M8-3X but plan to switch to a big aperture and moonlight front ivory bead for the thick stuff.

Thanks for the post. Stan

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks so much for putting this thread up. I have been looking for one of these for a couple years - no one makes one new to be sold in this country as far as I can tell. I got an e-brochure today and am ordering one in the AM: pistol grip, beavertail, double triggers and one of the wood upgrades to be decided after talking with the folks at CSMC. Not getting assisted opening as not many successful third shots where I hunt. I love pretty wood but this gun will be a shooter, so I'm not sure what to do about that. Any thoughts on that?
BTW, the answer I received to my question indicated the barrels will NOT interchange with the RBL (I was thinking of buying one of the available RBLs to use in sporting clays now and ordering a set of rifled barrels). No ETA on delivery.
I bet they sell a lot (but I'm usually wrong on this stuff). Lots of shotgun only places and it would be a fun hog gun too. I may actually gun hunt next year here in Ohio (although I'm guessing I won't have it by then). I usually bowhunt through the entire season but I'm excited to get this thing.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: fishdock
Which brings me back to thinking about shooting a load such as that out of a 6 3/4 pound gun!!!!!

I had a 12ga benelli black eagle (3" gun) and it wt less than this darling, and I shot a ba'ar with a brenke 1 3/8oz 3" mag slug, now THAT is recoil............

Gary

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.