April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (djama, WJW, 1 invisible), 424 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,480
Posts545,229
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Good women, food, wine and song......but not this thingy. What's next an earring in each lobe?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Is the Darne not named after the mild expletive muttered by owners every time they pinch their skin in that guillotine of a breech?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Or every time they miss a shot because of the awful safety.

OWD

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Perhaps......., but I'm bit tired of reading about that English stuff.......and rook pies. It's nice to take a breath of fresh air once in a while.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: italiansxs
Originally Posted By: Dave K
Is that a Citron Jim? kinda neat in obscure way,like a AMC Rambler.

Yep Dave:
That's a Citreon SM. I watched one of these literally rot away before my eyes when I lived in the Mid West. The neighbor who owned it had a really unusual string of profanities she'd let go with every time she'd try to start the thing.
Jim

I used to own its plain sister, the CX 2400 C-matic, which was a bit underpowered. The one shown above is the GT version, styled/engineered by the people at Maserati, which Citroen purchased back then - about 1970. It was very "cutting edge" in its day, won all sorts of awards, quirky in a French way, e.g. the indicators were not self-cancelling, because Citroen thought that a manual cancel would aid driver alertness. The pneumatic suspension was great! Mine did not have starting/rust problems, but then I did not live in the MidWest. Just as a Monday car in the US is called a lemon, the French use the same term, un citron.
K.
K.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A guy who would get his skin caught in closing a Darne would be the same guy who got his dong caught in his fly, as well. At that point, his mum would install velcro where his zipper used to be, and all would be well. All would be well that is, as long as he was your hunting partner, not mine.
Leaving the key just out of battery on a Darne is quite comfortable for field carry, and one can avoid using the left mounted safety entirely if that is what they wish. Explaining that fact to the guy with the velcro fly is likely a waste of perfectly good breath, however.
The big problem, is finding a used Darne that fits. And, that is a big problem, since they don't take well to bending the stock (there is a steel rod down the middle of the wrist).
Most gunsmithing that takes place on Darnes is to correct amatuer gunsmithing attempted previously. No need to discuss rejointing, or safe damascus wall thickness is needed. A good idea, is just that, regardless of what country it comes from.
I thought the Irish girls were prettier and more friendly than either the French or English girls I met, but, the Colombian ladies had them all beat, hands down.
I've got a Darne, and a Colombian wife. The Darne introduced me to hunting birds with a lightweight, durable, and, mostly, idiot proof design (see above, idiots have a certain ingenuity about them) and my wife introduced me to just how well a South American woman looked in a Brazilian cut bikini.
Eat your heart out.
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted, my friend:
Not much more can be said, so=-----
Best,
John

Humble member of the League of Extraodinary Gentlemen (LEG). Joined 14 March, 2006. Member #1.
Sidelock
Sidelock

This is an interesting thread. One of the things I find most curious about Darnes, is that in the age of modernism in which we live, the Darne remains unchanged. It seems to me a byproduct of French Roccoco and Baroque thought and design, with its emphasis on fanciful flourish over function, and yet here it is in the 21st century, apparently still doing relatively well.

Amazing.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If they could, the dead grouse in my freezer might give a pretty good argument that my unengraved, case colored R10 is relatively un-fanciful, unflourished, and mercilessly functional.
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

But Ted... That is the king of the forrest that you are shooting! You may want to make some adjustments.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.