May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
9 members (Jimmy W, CJF, Ian Forrester, 3 invisible), 253 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,537
Posts546,022
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Baron23 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I hope these images come through and show in the post.

Below are two examples of Ken Hurst's brilliant engraving work that he is doing on a gun of mine.

I know some of you distain gold inlays on guns. Also, this work is not being done on a double. However, I also believe that many of you admire and enjoy viewing Ken's work and I believe these are excellent examples.

Some of you may also remember Ken sending out a call for pheasant pictures and parts about a year ago....well, it was for this pheasant (or at least this pheasant initiated the request...I'm sure Ken has/will do many others of its kind).

I hope you enjoy.

Cheers

Stephen
Sidelock
Sidelock

Simply wonderful. I can't wait until Mr. Ken gets my gun done. Luv them tail feathers. BTW there is no shame in an autoloader.

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Actually, Ken has no shame! He'll work on other things as well. He engraved a Mauser bolt action receiver and bottom metal for me recently, and I am well pleased with the results. It's nearing completion now into a classic style rifle in 7 x 57.

Sidelock
Sidelock

As always great work. I can almost hear the pheasant cackling.

David

Baron23 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

"BTW there is no shame in an autoloader. "

Oh, I'm quite sure I have no shame about it. I love SX-1s and have no shame in general LOL.

I was just trying to be sensitive to the nature and subject of this particular BBS (but I don't do sensitive well).

As for Ken...no shame indeed. I think that is about as beautiful a game bird as I have ever seen engraved in metal anywhere/anytime. And I like the dog very much also. The dog came from a vintage illustration the creator of which was known for overdoing it just a tad...like the set of briskets on its chest :-) But sometimes a little over emphasis is good in an illustration or a 3/4" long engraved dog.

Please keep in mind, Julie took these with her new camera...they are more "home snap shots" if you will rather than professional shots like you would see submitted for the hard copy publication. I'm sure there is a lot of detail in these figures that we just cannot see in these particular pictures.

Cheers

Stephen
Baron23 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Post deleted by Baron23

Cheers

Stephen
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks Baron, glad you like it. Perhaps you could post the picture showing the overall shot with the two dogs & bird together for proportion. Please keep in mind that these pictures show the work as rough & there is also light bouncing out of the cuts in some cases which degrades the pictures. If you consider that th dog is only 13/16" long, you'll realize that this same roughness won't be visable to the naked eye. Baron, I'm engraving the tumbled down old barn in the background now. Also, I'm going to engrave something real small hidden in the background for you to discover ---- like the tiny turtle on the other side ..............

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
Baron23 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

HI Ken - I will post the overall receiver picture when I get home this evening. I didn't load it into Photobucket so I can't post it here yet.

As for the little suprise...way cool. I love the turtle on the other side and am always challenging folks to find the hidden animal. .

Stephen Meyers

Cheers

Stephen
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ken is first class in every way.

Baron23 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Per Ken's request, hopefully below will appear the picture of the left side of the receiver overall.

Cheers

Stephen
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.