April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Karl Graebner, Tim in PA, FlyChamps, Jimmy W, NCTarheel), 442 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,479
Posts545,212
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Complete Book of Woodcock Hunting By Frank Woolner, William G. (FRW) Tapply
http://books.google.com/books?id=6kNacjojX70C

Pete

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a copy of the tape of Bing and Phil shooting phes in Iowa? on a VERY cold day. Phil shot a 12 ga M12 that showed a lot of wear - lots of silver showing on the receiver. Bing shot what appears to be a Purdy in a very small bore, with long barrels. This may have been the 28 ga already mentioined.

I am glad to know that someone else remember the "albino" phez episide! I have vivid memories of watching that episide - seems to me the albino phez was actually a chicken. I just remember them laughing and carrying on in a way that only Bing and Phil could.

This board has had the pleasure of enjoying the comments of the gentleman who filmed these episodes. I am sorry that I can not remember his name but his posts discussing his personal experiences with this series was a treat.

Around the steel no tortured worm shall twine.
Sidelock
Sidelock

A clip from Andy's Gang, the difference between then and now is that Pita would have stopped it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBGblSmeC-k&NR=1

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

If PITA Wouldn't have stopped it someone else would have, That cat was playing "Dixie"

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jay,
Funny what we remember isn't it?
My memory if the albino pheasant episode (don't bank on any of this) was that Phil was carrying on
when it flushed and joked that Bing had just shot one of the farmer's chickens. It turned out to be
an albino rooster.
Dub Taylor was the character actor that I couldn't remember from the plantation quail shooting episode.
He was lights out with his double, but I don't recall what model it was.
Jim

Sidelock
Sidelock

I recall an episode where William Shatner was bowhunting for grizz. He was backed up by a rifle bearing guide which they clearly showed. Shatner did kill the bear up pretty close for the shot as I recall.

It was the only hunting show I recall from my youth.

Last edited by Chuck H; 12/20/08 11:38 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

PeteM,

Thanks for the pic of Andy with his .410-bore Parker Bros. The same pic is on page 68 of Timberdoodle by Woolner. There are several pics from that episode in the Andy Devine wing of the museum at Kingman, Arizona. Also some pics of Andy doing the honors at Grand Junction, as well as his shooting coat, hat with all his badges from the Nationals.

Dave

Last edited by Researcher; 12/20/08 12:26 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

The reason that Jackie Stewart was on the show is that he was not only a 3 time F1 champion but also the 1 st alternate on Britan's 1960 Olympic trap team. He went racing after not making it to the Rome Olympics. The man can SHOOT. He had a shooting school at Glen Eagles in Scotland at one time.

W. E. Boyd
Sidelock
Sidelock

There is a brief glimps of Sir Jackie shooting a couple of clays here -- http://www.sirjackiestewart.com/

Sidelock
Sidelock

For some reason the episode I remember the most is one featuring John Connally, the Governor of Texas who was also shot while riding with John Kennedy, elephant hunting in Africa. Even after Dallas and to his credit Connally remaind a supporter of the 2nd amendment his whole life.
The other thing I clearly remember about the Crosby-Harris hunts is their singing while hunting. Unfortunately with the Petas and Antis of this world holding a politically correct sway we'll in all likelyhood never see the likes of this again.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.