May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (mel5141, MattH, Jem Finch, 1 invisible), 253 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,530
Posts545,885
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tut-tut gentlemen!
...and here I was enjoying a quiet Christmas day after a week of merriment. After putting another log on the fire I popped on to see whats happenin' - and I see something about busted teefs.
Better save 'em for the fruit cake,(not RWTF kind) because we all know about how chewy old fruit cakes can get.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey Market, I took your advice and went waterfowling, maybe you should too. I went up to a cornfield just west of Stratton Nebraska, left here at about 11:00 Am ...stuck out a few dekes, and killed 4 Drake Mallards and 3 Honkers....Much better than trying to prove mine is bigger than yours with some of the guys on these forum who NEED to do that...Nap time!

Sidelock
Sidelock

This note may be too late to add anything, but I'll post it anyhow: the only ring bulge I've seen so far was in a Model 12. Maybe the Heavy Duck model has a thicker barrel (I don't know), and maybe a choke other than full could prevent this type of damage. But the standard 12 gauge full-choked Model 12 I inspected did have a rather hideous ring bulge behind the choke.

Quid me anxias sum
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: MarketHunter

Teddy,
I think you'd sooner try to jerk off a wildcat with a handful of cockle burrs

I'd pay to see that...

Teddy,
Soon as I get home I'll post a picture so you'll know exactly who you're looking for.
DLH

Destry are you going to take the pichure with your teef in or out ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
Destry are you going to take the pichure with your teef in or out ?

I like Destry, but you gotta admit that's funny!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey Destry- let's all back up a tad- I hold you and MN bird hunter Ted S. and george Newbern in, if not high, well then medium esteem, and we ain't met yet. Ted- I've seen Destry's fine fotos of the old Nash B. area, he is a dedicated waterfowler, also a bachelor (something like me- I'm a widower) but spends beaucoup time in Hunter Safety- so let's be "guys" here and forget the "knuckle sandwich threats"-- Got to admit, Destry does have a way with "country expressions"- like the "jack off a wildcat with cockelburrs, or graveyard dead"- stuff I like.

I took no offense to the "Big Fella" and the "Mossenburgher" riff- he's been sharing that with me for some time on this BBS-and he is not an elitist. Some of his friends (which are his right to choose) on other "elitist" (IMO) BBS, well, that's a whole 'nother ballgame- I just, in error, assumed he was a 100% Parker guy (with a splash of Brn A-5/ Rem 11) for seasoning, and got "off base" with him on the AH Fox I sold- my error, not his.

I have never "jumped" on to the L.C. Smith bandwagon- the few I've seen for sale all had split stocks near the sideplates, and a good gunsmith advised to avoid their single triggers- but I sometimes browse their web site- ditto the Foxists- just to see what I can learn-- you can't post therein unless you are a paid up member- Thanks to Dave W.- that ain't the case here-Just a Ten spot of you buys or sells a gun herein.

Somewhere in the Bible is says- "Blessed are the Peace Makers, for they shall inherit the wind"- so, in the Spirit of Xmas (Crown Royal works for me) come on- both you and Destry are OK guys-forget the Mossburg stuff- they are a most functional pumpgun (regardless of my Military experiences with them) and although NO shotgun is equal to a Model 12 (IMO) hey- when the old 835 goes bang- usually something goes thump or splash-

The Late Nash B. once described a boxing match- or some other similar event of fisticuffs- something like "Me and him had it", but in the spirit of the Gent'man from TN who set the standard for both sportsmanship and good manners, let's all "go to our neutral corners" here- And Destry- while you're down in Tunica Cafeville, shoot a few of "Molly's 'Mallets'" fo me-love them ol' greenheads- I'll be, Good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise too high, next Sat. for the re-opening of the "bonus season' on Canadas-yup- with that old black magic- Mossberg. RWTF

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 12/26/08 04:46 PM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

"you can't post therein unless you are a paid up member"
Wrong

"Blessed are the Peace Makers, for they shall inherit the wind"
Not even close- Matthew 5:9

Sidelock
Sidelock

Soon as I get home I'll post a picture so you'll know exactly who you're looking for.

wee doggie...I kain't wait.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Rev Doc Drew- huum- let's "field strip" that moniker- but first, as to your Not Even close- "Close only counts in Hand Grenades (Frag or Concussion) C-4 and Det-Cord''

Now old Cecille B. DeMille was a most religious man, just quoting him- and look at all the great Bible movies he made- Inherit the Wind was about the Scopes "evolution" trial in TN in 1925- Clarence Darrow, Kenesaw Mt. Landis, Wm. Jennings Bryan with his "cross o' precious metals" clutched tightly to his vest, like a Baptized sinner clingin' to a AnaBaptist lifelife--

Those who try to make peace between either warring or about to be at war nations, end up inheriting the wind, ask old Limey-Boy Neville Chamberlain about that after his golf game with Herr Adolph and Joaquim Von Ribbentrop in 1938-- First, Adolph annexed his homeland of Austria in Der Anschuss- then the Sudentenland(s)- never a wimper from the Limeys-wasn't their cricket match I guess- Then Adolph took a lttle "breather"- see the Mel Brooksie classic movie "SpringTime for Hitler" and his great goose-step "shuffle off to Buffalo" routine and the lyrics about "Peace"-- Hitler sings in falsetto- "A little piece of Scotland, a little piece of France,a little piece of Poland= and then the Blitzkreig Dance"" guess it all depends on how you spell piece/peace--and we sure did Inherit That Wind- 1944- Tassafarangas Bay- and the Jap's "Divine Wind", later replayed for those who blindly believe you can negotiate with bullies or terrorists- 9/11/2001- remember??

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey- Replacement- as in "Repple-Depel"?? You get the big Gold Star for observation- good on you. I put that in to see if anyone (other than the azz-hole twins Gelnnie-Thorns and Homely Joseph hisself) ever read my stuff- maybe they might want to learn a few things from a long-time code certified welder, or a little bit from an equally long time in grade Model 12 shooter.

One of my gals went to Michigan State- for her Masters she had to write a 500 pages paper- her professor then was big on Polynesian foods- and made no bones about that fact- so she typed a note and put it in about page 396- went like this: "Dear professor ++++++ whatever- if you have read this so far, now you have seen the enclosed, and if you give same to me with my grade I will treat you to dinner at the "Boom Boom" Room- at that time, one of East Lansing's better restaurants- just as "Diamond Jim's Tiffany Place" next to the State Capital area in Lansing was consider the best of the best- Guess what troopies- she never heard a word from the good professor about his "free meal" Mayne kinda sends you a message-or, maybe not--

Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.