March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Travis S), 251 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,976
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#123397 11/27/08 02:39 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

When you just have to murder a women holding her baby Lon Horiuchi says shoot a H&S Percision rifle,its what I use.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Happy Thanksgiving Will! I've read about H-S's decision to use Horiuchi as a spokesman on other boards (it's all over the shooting forums). It sure seemed to me to be a mistake until I started thinking about it. He's (or was) an FBI sniper, well thought of within those circles. Since Gov't- Military contracts make up the bulk of H-S's business, it may make good sense to use one of their own to promote sales to them.

I have all the rifles I'll ever need or want so I'm not a potential customer or I'd be finding another source of quality glass stocks. Realisticly, I doubt H-S cares very much how I (or any other occaisional buyer) feel about using a spokesman with such a history as long as he's respected within their customer base.

Best to you old friend, Cary

Cary #123494 11/28/08 11:25 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have just sent a letter of boycott to H&S. Am suggesting all do likewise even if you aren't a rifle shooter.

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
Ken Hurst #123520 11/28/08 01:51 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Didn't a judge in Idaho say that if Horiuchi stepped into the state, he'd be arrested?

Chuck H #123524 11/28/08 02:13 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Note he is also suspected of fireing the first shots at Waco.He was tried for for killing Vicky Weaver but like most cop cases at the time it was thrown out.He was promoted to a level that hopefully he won't be in the field again.
To my thinking H&S is right there with Cooper and will be able to say they are on the goverments side of disarming America and the military will spend much more with them than the American gun owner.Some of the specialty shop must see some writeing on the wall and want to make sure their gun are the ones the goverment uses.. Its akin the the flying school in Florida useing terrorist saying its the best school around.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

BTT so more folks can see this and maybe help take some action.

Sidelock
Sidelock

To echo Cary's comments about the community, Mr. Horiuchi has directly helped train an awful lot of FBI snipers, and that skill set has mattered to many in the law enforcement community, including via trickle down training to outside agency types. We're speaking of certification training and the like. I know him to be very well-respected among LEO sniper professionals, notwithstanding the repulsion many feel at him and what occurred. The contrariness of that pointed judgement (his/the FBI's management at RubyRidge which led to tragedy) to effective snipercraft may not always be so apparant to those so focused in training, but while many may be aware of his notoriety it falls to the wayside when getting down with the nuts-and-bolts of learning the skills. Plus many were likely just out of High School or college when the event happened and they may not have learned of it in depth.
The FBI period before the H&S Precision (and some FN) rifles came along was one rife with a mix of troubled rebarreled Rem 700's and lesser numbers of pre-64 Winchesters; these new rifles certainly provided greater versatility. This said, H&S Precision's winning the contract and the exposure so many (in the community) have with Mr. Horiuchi created a natural tie-in for a reference once Horiuchi got deeper into the program.

So with the aforementioned, my conclusion is I too believe that H&S Precision caters purely to that community and Mr. Horiuchi's reference will help sell rifles. I think maybe this is obvious, but certainly the choice by H&S Precision to use him was a conscious undertaking. It's a given it would be a lightening rod.

rrrgcy #123868 12/01/08 05:15 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

He is a dirt bag women killer and fine example of the goverment jack booted thugs Bush talked about. Maybe he will knock at your door first.i know what it is to be a sniper and you don't shoot women unless you want to. A real sniper always knows his target and if this is true he killed her on purpose just because he thought he could.To many scared to death of the world folks on this forum now and afrair to speak the real truth.I'm out of here

Sidelock
Sidelock

Missfire...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.