April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (LeFusil, barrel browner, Ducks Rx, KDGJ, JBG, 1 invisible), 406 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,479
Posts545,206
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: JDW
I'm just a "newbie" compared to most. I remember stumbling on here

Likewise.

And fortunately for me, I had the great privilege of almost immediately 'meeting' several gentlemen I of course knew nothing about @ the time. One of them was named Bill Wise.

It was only after several emails, and a couple of snail mails (thanks to Rosalie, of course!), that I fully grasped Bill's situation and the extent of his great wisdom. Wisdom he was so unselfishly and humbly willing to share.

Bill and those 'early days' (early to me anyway) are both missed.

Always looking for small bore Francotte SxS shotguns.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't post on here much now, since the collective knowledge here far exceeds anything I have to contribute (plus my interests have moved away from the doubleguns and back to the 870's that I love.)

However I am grateful to have been here way back at the beginning when I was in my early 20's, trying to figure life out. I remember a kind email of encouragement that I received from Walt Snyder. That sense of community was good.

I miss the old posting format.

I can't believe that over a dozen years have gone by already.

Last edited by erik meade; 11/14/08 07:35 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gunshop, has always taken on all at face value - no DNA samples needed, nor wanted - unlike the stodgy gang bangers at ssmbbs.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jeeeze, Guys. No words, only tears will come! Lee

Sidelock
Sidelock

I found this site, soon after I got my 1st PC. Windows 98 was new then. Larry Barnes was still with us, and CDR Guenther was still posting a lot. I do miss some of the old people. Bill Wise was the 1st person I ever talked to off the board, and he was as good an example, for all of us, that it gets.
I don't come here often these days, and hate to admit it, but I used to consider all repeaters, similar to a rat trap, made up of parts right out of the bins. In The last couple years, a dozen Rem 31's, have found a home here......

Sidelock
Sidelock

It was three or four deployments ago when I found this site. 97-98??? Hell I dont remember I can tell you that while I am deployed its about the only thing I access. Surfing the interent for whatever doesnt interest me much. But reading and occasionally contributing a post does. Keep it up boys.

I wish i could say I liked the old format better. Initially when Dave changed I wasnt thrilled but you get used to it.

Last edited by Brian; 11/14/08 11:58 PM.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Sidelock
Sidelock

Brian I have a challenge coin you sent to many of us for sending books to your troops.Task Force Panther,Task Force Devil 2002-2003.No sence being a LEG when you can soar with the Eagles Airborne all the way

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Amigo Will
Brian I have a challenge coin you sent to many of us for sending books to your troops.Task Force Panther,Task Force Devil 2002-2003.No sence being a LEG when you can soar with the Eagles Airborne all the way

Amigo Will,
you know this one: What do you see when you lift up a chickens tail feathers?
Dirty Nasty LEGs!!!
All The Way!

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lee,you got me there!

I started with the old format maybe in 2000, really don't remember. Found it by searching for gun shop too I think.

I do remember when Wayne Nish got his bespoke matched pair and someone said it was absurd to get one considering the type of hunting available in the US; I remember justifying it just by the joy it would give me to open the gun case.

Bill Wise... well now I really can't see the keyboard. What an example!

What a surprise it was when I learned Montana was a Lady, knowledgeable, great sense of humour, enthusiastic and proficient shooter... Not my intention to sound like a male chauvinist pig btw.

Oscar's posts are really missed; he even took the time to answer emails with very basic questions. Back then Michael Orlen posted a lot more under MrMoe.

Lots of memories, like the long thread about the basque shepherds and the gun trove that I never got around to read in its entirety.

Cary, thank you.

JC

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."ť Charles Darwin
Sidelock
Sidelock

I can't remember when I first found the old site..but I had just bought my first Double...a 1904 Francotte model 14,which was beautiful ,but had a host of problems.
I was in a real panic....you guys put me onto Abe Chaber who looked it over & called the well respected dealer & helped me get my $$ back.
Learned the worth of a good 'smiths evaluation right quick.
I always enjoy this place & have learned a fair bit since then.
Always thought this the best of the gunsites.
I just looked it up , & I'm member #46
cheers to all
Franc

Last edited by Franc Otte; 11/16/08 12:03 AM.
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.