May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
9 members (Borderbill, David Williamson, 4 invisible), 263 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,505
Posts545,553
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I selling a shotgun on Gunsamerica and a guy wants to know if I can send it to him in Canada. Would that be legal ?

CJO Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not without the proper papers, he needs to register it before it enters Canada. Have him call the Canadian Firearms Centre 1 800 731 4000

CJ

The taste of poor quality lingers long after the cheap price is forgotten.........
DKL Offline

Not sure of the exact procedure, but the gun would have to be shipped to a dealer in Canada, and then transferred to the buyer.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't think it's that easy, DKL. The American seller has to go through so many hoops none I know of will go to the bother. A nearby gunshop owner told me he can't even bring in peep sights. The easy part is at our end: as long as it is registered here first as belonging to me, Canada couldn't care less. This isn't gospel. Everything is changing and I'm only repeating what I was told on both sides of the border. The Trading Post was barely civil to my inquiries. Go away, get lost.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thunderstick
This is how my freinds and I do it, get gun shipped to Buffalo gun centre (FFL holder) you register gun before it comes across border you take paperwork with you to Buffalo G.C. they drive gun to Canada Customs for$50 to $100 and you pay duty taxes etc. It is easy for us because of close proximity to U.S. If the buyer lives anywhere near a U.S. state it should not be a problem.
Take Care Pedler

Sidelock
Sidelock

You need to be careful and not violate any US Export regulations. Some firearms are considered under control of the DOD or Dept of State (ITAR) rules. If you look closely in Cabelas and other catalogs you will see there are some items (most notably night vision equipment but scopes can fall into this category also) are suject to export compliance rules. Check the regs make sure you are legal. Penalties are tough. The old rules are gone after 9/11.

Sidelock
Sidelock

To sent a shotgun to Canada from the USA(legally) you must use the Dept of Commerce form BIS-748P.

Regards,

John Boyd
Quality Arms

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Gentleman, thank you for this information. I have informed the Canadian purchaser that its a "no can do" situation. I'd rather play it safe than unwittingly violate some regulations. thanks again for all your help.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Joe Salter deals in guns both in Canada and the US. His site is, surprisingly: http://www.joesalter.com/
He could help you and has some other links on his site. JL

> Jim Legg <

Sidelock
Sidelock

Does the individual live near the border? I sold a rifle to a Canadian rancher who had me ship it to a dealer near the border. An American friend of his paid for it, picked it up, and they handled the transaction at the border. Not sure what the paper work was but everyone seemed satisfied.

Jim

I've never met a bird dog I didn't like.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.