May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,139 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,513
Posts545,667
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

What Kerryman said.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I guess I remain a xenophone who doesn't give a damn about the rest of the globe. To Kerryman and the rest: focus on your own little piece of the world. Some of us care less what you think, and even less what you believe. You remain irrelevant, if not irritating. We've got some real issues to deal with here. You reap what you sow.....

"Sometimes too much to drink is not enough" Mark Twain
Sidelock
Sidelock

foxhound, what is a xenophone? Would a xenophone support sending the US military to somewhere on the ''rest of the globe". Would a xenophone buy something made in China? Does a xenophone think logically? Can a xenophone walk and chew gum at the same time?
nial

Sidelock
Sidelock

Family first. Country next. Honest reward for honest labor. Honor. Real logic, not the apologetic teeth gnashing of the terminally duh that live in cognative dissonance.. A number of concepts you may not be too familiar with mac.

But, as the famous philosopher Ron White says, 'Can't fix dumb'.

Now that I'ved sucked in totally, sorry to have offended anyone. (not really). This is unfortunately pointless. Time for a more erudite realist to take over here. Where is Dr. H.Thompson when we need him most?

ps. A xenophobe does whatever it takes to take care of what is his.
Rick

"Sometimes too much to drink is not enough" Mark Twain
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I am truly sorry that what I intended as a tongue in cheek comment has resulted in seven pages of teeth gnashing and bickering about the state of your countries politics.
Now it is all over and history has been made.Let us all hope that the President elect can use diplomacy and democracy to dig himself out of the hole he has dug with American gunowners.
There is nothing wrong with owning and using firearms responsibly, his advisors need to point out that the majority of felonies are committed with illegaly held firearms, and those are the ones that need to be cleared off the streets.
The very best of luck to all of you in the U.S.
I am now off to celebrate a Spaniard who tried to blow up our Parliament ( It is Guy Fawkes night here, bring on the party)

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hold on there "Kerry-man" Obama's grandmother is Irish. I am Green Irish, and damned proud of it- Tommy Clancy and his "boy-os" once sang this ditty "Oh, it was the biggest mix-up that you have ever seen, me muther she was Orange and me father he was Green"- Never heard of any "Black Irishers-what gives here old sod? My lineage to Belfast lies on the side of me maternal Grandparents- Sean and Rose McGuire- and I am Francis "Frankie" to me Hibernian friends here in Lord Parnell's wee bit o'Heaven in MI- where St. Patrick's Church has the tallest steeple of any Catholic Church (is there any other?) in MI- 267 feet from ground grade to the steeple- built in 1844- a few years before Lord Boycott and the potato famine ravaged Erin-

For those who don't understand the Irish way- listen to song "Killkenny Ireland, 18 and 60, my dear and lovin' son John (Sean of course-but not all know that now do they"- Also see the Hollywood hyped movie "The Devil's Own" with Harrison Ford as a NYC Police Sgt. and Brat Pitt as "Frankie McGuire"- opening scene in Belfast shows why the Brits are hated-and will be until they sail away and never ever return. Such a beautiful Land is Erin-but we also have our sense of humor- Do you know what an Irish boomerang is now? 'Twould be a bent stick thrown by an Irishman, and after he follows it to where it has landed, he sits himself down and writes a song about goin' home to Erin.

Have no idea where you might live- but come next St. Paddy's Day, I'll be playin' guitar and singin' with my lads and lassies at the Cottage Bar- the owner, Pat McDougall will sing "Danny Boy" at least 16 times (for the year 1916) during that day and evening-and if his sweet Guinness tenor doesn't bring a tear or two to your eye, then you must be amongst the deaf!!

McCain lost due to: Age-Connection to Bush and the WASPs (as his heiress wife shows) the FUBAR about the "economy doin' fine while Lehman Bros. and M-L were headin' into the crapper-and pickin' that airheaded cheerleader from our remote 49th State- If he had picked a businessman like Mitt Romney, and the economy hadn't "tanked" in Sept./Oct. well, Monday mornin' quarterbackin' is always more accurate than what you do ahead of the game, now isn't it. So now we have a Black Towel-headed Muslim with an Irish Grandmother for POTUS- Instead of "Hail to the Chief" maybe he'll, like Clintons went for Fleetwood Mac and the "Don't Stop Thinkin' About Tomorrow" for their theme song, borrow from another Limey group- the Beatles- didn't they have a parody- set to a ragtime tin-pan-alley riff entitled "Rocky Raccoon"? Huum- Erin Go Braugh!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..

Originally Posted By: foxhound
I guess I remain a xenophone who doesn't give a damn about the rest of the globe. To Kerryman and the rest: focus on your own little piece of the world. Some of us care less what you think, and even less what you believe. You remain irrelevant, if not irritating. We've got some real issues to deal with here. You reap what you sow.....

Isn't a xenophone a phone that belongs to stranger? Bwa, ha, ha.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: peter m.

Isn't a xenophone a phone that belongs to stranger? Bwa, ha, ha.

Naw, That's a xylophone. A xenophobe is an injun who sits on a mountain listening for the sound of one hand clapping.
K
correction edit

Last edited by Kerryman; 11/05/08 05:50 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

RWTF,
Honestly, and no offense meant, I share very few of your views; however, I do agree that the song (it's Kilkelly by the way) does send a shiver through anyone who has had to emigrate. A haunting air, even if the words and sentiment are mawkish, but sadly too true for many of the poor of the era 1850-1960.
Best,
K.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: salopian
I am now off to celebrate a Spaniard who tried to blow up our Parliament ( It is Guy Fawkes night here, bring on the party)

Salopian,
After stirring the pot you might at least get it right;-)
Although he spent several years in Flanders Fawkes was in Spain only once; he was a native of York. Robert Catesby was the real leader of that very inept plot. Unknown to them Pope Clement and his red-hatted cronies had done a back-room deal with Philip of Spain - there never was any hope of an invasion. Most of the current "history" is propaganda, stemming from that rascal, Titus Oates. A good read is Faith and Treason by Antonia Fraser. Don't let all that get in the way, enjoy the party!
Best,
K.

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.