Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

No wonder were in trouble,looks like everyone has already admitted defeat and is ready to lay down and be walked on. Sorry for any mistakes in my text, i only have one hand and one finger for now. Rich

Sidelock
Sidelock

Far as I can see, you need to watch his wife more. She will put Hillary to shame. She is far more dangerous than Hillary and Hillary ran Slick Willie.

Might better get used to calling each other Komrad! From everyone according to their ability, to everyone according to their need.

We will experience the greatest redistribution of wealth this country ahs ever seen. We will experience the most aggressive gun control legislation this country has ever seen.
we will see the greatest increase inj taxes this country has ever seen
we will see the granting of full rights to 30 million illegal aliens in this country through free health care, free college educations, drastic increases in public asisstance and entitltement programs.

Michele OBama said "The truth is, in order to get things like universal health care and a revamped education system, then someone is going to have to give up a piece of their pie so that someone else can have more."

All in the name of "economic and social justice"

This will be a "co-presidency".
You will see the use of Executive Orders on a scale never before seen to circumvent ocngress to enact their agenda.
Even with the Dems controlling both houses and them wary of thier constituents, O will use htese EO's to enact the most draconian gun control among other things unilateraly.

You will be punished for being successful and working hard. Villified, demonized.

God help this country.

Last edited by Brian; 11/05/08 11:45 AM.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Sidelock
Sidelock

Post deleted by Humpty Dumpty

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ban you? Heaven forfend! Take what you say seriously? It is to laugh!

Based on what we know and can expect about BHO we Americans, especially gun-owning Americans, have some legitimate concerns. Could bad things happen? Yes. Are we going to "let" these things happen? Only to the extent that our opposition is overridden.

American freedom and democracy, and Americans' belief in same, promise to remain strong no matter who occupes the White House and the Congress. Can one make the same claims about Russia under Putin? Most likely not. I think that if they are concerned about "pathetic" and "disgusting" Russians would do well to concern themselves with matters that are a bit closer to home!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Now I realize this is a gun board, but aren't there bigger fish to fry for this guy? Do you all think that his first order of biz is to disarm us all? I did NOT vote for him, and a lot of that decision was because of his potential to infringe on by right to my hobby, but I think the economy, the wars, etc. is a lot higher on the list for him. We have to band together to stop anything like the gun control we all fear. He is not a dictator and still has to answer to a lot of people for his actions. If we implement ourselves as a check and balance with the NRA and other lobbies we have in our corner, I believe we have less to fear. Not to say we should not be vigilent in our observation of his intentions. But I think what happened yesterday was an example of what, a group can do together. We need to be just as effective as they are.

Last edited by dubbletrubble; 11/05/08 12:54 PM.

Originally Posted By: Lowell Glenthorne
If digging into "Joe the Plumber's" background becomes common practice with the new crew on the hill - mums the word eh?

....are you referring to Joe the "I'm not a plumber, but I hope to play one on tv"?....this fraud was uncovered by the press; not the "....new crew on the hill"

Boxlock
Boxlock

Brian,

I'm sure we agree on a lot of things, and I'm not trying to pick a fight, but before concluding that "We will experience the greatest redistribution of wealth this country ahs ever seen... we will see the greatest increase inj taxes this country has ever seen," it's worth taking a look at income tax rates in the U.S. from a historical perspective:

http://www.taxfoundation.org/taxdata/show/151.html

I don't like high taxes either, but it's hard to imagine even in the worst case that upper bracket rates under Obama will be anywhere near as redistributive as they were for much of the 20th century.

Sidelock
Sidelock

No, I didn't vote for him either, but he's the one we got & we must make the best of it. Make no mistake, he will be under a microscope immediately upon taking office. If he turns out to be a bad president we have only ourselves to blame for not getting out the vote for those of our beliefs. They were organized and we were not. A close friend of mine was a poll watcher here in South Carolina for the Republican side. The poll watcher for the Democrats had a list of registered Democrats. As each one voted he would cross the name off his list and late in the afternoon if there was a name there who hadn't voted someione went to pick up him or her and drive them to vote. I can't imagine the Republicans did anything like that anywhere. Voter apathy cost us this election. Hopefully we will learn from it at not too high a price.

Just My Thoughts.......George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

A joke I heard on the radio: Barack Obama got in trouble with his kids when he took away 64% of their trick-or-treat candy and redistributed it to the kids who just stayed home watching TV.

Quid me anxias sum
Sidelock
Sidelock

Our only hope are those 44 Republican Senators still hanging on. At this moment, we have a 570 vote lead in Minnesoata, a 15,000 vote lead in Oregon with 25% left to count. Even Stevens who was just found guilty of a crime has a lead in Alaska. They are the last best hope for two years for stopping bad legislation.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.