Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
Sidelock
Sidelock

If you read the article, its evident that Cooper drank the Obama Kool Aid. His staement that the "Republican Party has moved so far tot he right" is laughable. He is politically dillusional.

If a Catholic Priest made a contribution or attended a fund raiser for an Abortion Clinic, what do you think would happen to him?

A board of Directors has a right and an obligation to make sur ethat the company they preside over is being run to ebenfit the shareholders. Coopers donation to an avowed anti gun politician is akin to buying a hammer,nails, lumber and a saw for the guy building your gallows.

If he were a mere employee working the floor that would be a different story. But he was the president of the firm. Big difference.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

King Brown #119638 11/03/08 07:37 AM
JM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Donating to a political party, considered an act of citizenship, is different from supporting a racist organization repudiated by civil society. But let's take the politics out of it. Where was the respect for Dan Cooper as a person? For his humanity? We show respect for each other by respecting their power to choose their own paths in life. My friends embrace many political, religious, ethnic persuasions. Should they be discriminated against for tithings, donations, worship or activities different from ours or not having our approval? I don't know how it works in the US but it would violate our Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

The KKK example was an extreme example to illustrate the point. The board of a company is charged with running the company and basing its decisions and actions that best protect the comapny, employees, the shareholders, and customers.

The letter released by the company stated their reasons for Cooper being removed, that it was a business decision, not a political decision. They did not want to see a boycott of the company from angry customers and potentially face going out of business.

JM #119642 11/03/08 08:22 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

So the man does not share your political views.

I'm sure we all buy plenty of things from companies who do not share all our own political beliefs. He is supporting a legitimate candidate in a democratic system, not funding a guerrilla faction bent on violent overthrow of the state.

I thought you chaps were keen on freedom of speech, freedom of political expression and freedom of the individual to do what he wants with his own money.

Seems to me Mr Copper was just doing that.

Small Bore #119644 11/03/08 08:28 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

In Canada and many other societies in the world, one apparently is free to choose but one also expects not to suffer any consequences for those actions.
In the United States, one is also free to chose but and here is the big 'but', one is expected to suffer the consequences or reap the rewards of that choice.
The difference may be subtle but powerful.-Dick

Small Bore #119646 11/03/08 08:32 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

SB, King, and the rest of you abidicators of freedom, let me spell it out, since the concept is so foreign to you:

We ARE EXERCISING OUR FREEDOM OF SPEECH with our wallets.

Now go to police station and turn in your (choose one or more)
Rifles
Handguns
Swords
Knives
Butterknives
Testicles

Dick_dup1 #119647 11/03/08 08:43 AM
BCD Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think Mr Cooper was treated very unfairly. He was fired from a company that he started becaused he expressed a political opinion, an opinion that is currently shared by roughly half of the voters in this country.

The BOD could just as easily put out a simple one page news release of their own explaining that they did not share Cooper's beliefs but that they respected his right to express them, instead they fired him.

Dan

BCD #119649 11/03/08 08:56 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I run a private language college. I personally believe that a Conservative government promotes private business better than a Labour one, which favours putting public money into the inefficient State Sector.

Should one of my senior staff/ co-directors choose to donate to the Labour party, vote Labour or express (maybe for other reasons more improtant to him than educational funding) a preference for Labour, should he be fired? I think not.

Essentially you are persecuting someone for acting lawfully on his own convictions. Seems rather 'un-American'.

dis agree with him, argue with him or don't go to his shop - but a witch hunt? Surely your history has taught you something about those by now?

BCD #119652 11/03/08 09:21 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

The BOD has stated its reason very clearly:

"Although we all believe everyone has a right to vote and donate as they see fit, it has become apparent that the fallout may affect more than just Mr. Cooper. It may also affect the employees and the shareholders of Cooper Firearms."

The Fire Department would not be happy to have amongst its members one who donates to the "Association of Arsonists".

JC

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."ť Charles Darwin
JayCee #119653 11/03/08 09:26 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Arson is against the law. Being a Democrat is not.

Small Bore #119661 11/03/08 10:22 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I suspect that the detractors here "Don't get it" Because they don't want to get it and therefore admit the truth that the BOD at Cooper Arms acted responsibly vis a vis their shareholders. This is a typical left wing liberal approach to avoiding the truth and to just ignore it and take their argument off on another tangent.
A principle in a firearms firm supporting a Presidental candidate who is the most anti-gun person to ever run for this office is a traitor to the rest of us gun owners plain and simple. It is no different that what the S&W President did in 2000 and the fallout would be the same.
I'll ask this as a flat out straight question and just wait and see what answers we get.
YES or NO: "Does the BOD of Cooper Arms have the right to discharge an employee from the Company who is not acting in the Company and the shareholders best interests?"
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.