Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dean, I very much appreciate all you did for me re: The PGCA-I hope you become a BOD member. You own and shoot fine Parkers, you drive vintage cars, what Hemingway called "Rey Del Mundo Hombre"!! EDM and I may have one thing in common-even though we, like with you, will never meet- I flat out WON'T kiss any man's ass for a favor-I'll most likely tell him to go "piss up a rope

The big three of retail gun sales, that being: Cabelas, Gander Mountain and Scheels-all have a way to code a gun without a legible serial number-and I, mistakenly, thought you had to complete the NICS check to sell a gun to any one of those three retailers.

I had thought about having it "restored" during the Winter-Spring period of 2009- Mr. Vicknair would have been my choice, but then I would have most likely made it into a "Safe Queen" like the two AHE 12 bores that wear those crowns. I basically shoot my Model 12's because they kill birds for me quite well indeed. I only shoot when I can see their "shoelaces"- no sky-bustin'for me, not at today's ammo prices.RWTF -RWTF!!

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 11/08/08 09:16 AM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Back to the books, I read "Knight of the Trigger", and found it to be a great read. Ed is a good writer, for sure. I didn't know he was banned from the PGCA site. Is this true?

Todd
EDM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: George L.
Ed: I have been a member of PGCA for only three years now but in that brief amount of time I have detected a good bit of "home cooking".

It has been a lifelong dream to finish my life doing what you & your wife are doing. Do you scuba in Aruba?

Best Regards, George

George: Don't get me wrong; the PGCA is a worthwhile group with about 1,000 members, healthy treasury, active Research Letter department, official participation at two national events; Parker Pages, the Journal of the PGCA being more a magazine than a newsletter; and elected directors and officers who sometimes do the jobs they undertook when they volunteered for office. All and all, you can't fault them for what they are paid.

Fact is that "The Parker Gun Collectors Association..." are the first 5 words of my new book, and there are another 11 references to the PGCA in the index. With 4 books about Parker Guns in print, I can't help but benefit from the continued success of the PGCA, and the PGCA can't help but benefit from my Parker-related efforts. Sort of like a bad marriage where neither party can afford a divorce...so I sleep on the couch.

By the way, I did my time on a carrier, CVA 43 USS Coral Sea, and did my scubaing in Hawaii, Guam, Japan, and the Philippines in 1963...now I just snorkel, and we never made it to Aruba. Nancy and I never got east of Caracas, Venezuela, on our Rival 34 Solent. When the political situation started to sour under Chavez, we headed home. Now Solent is back in Florida in dry storage, maybe for sale: Interested? EDM

EDM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed: I might be although I think that I want a twin screw boat. I am in the "cash out" mode on guns and real estate. My time was a little before yours: 1959-63 on The USS Voglegesang DD-862 & the USS Manley DD-940 in the Med, West Coast of Africa & East Coast of South America Solant-Amity. Spent some time in Gitmo, Trinidad, Puerto Rico, Roosevelt Roads & attacked Vieques & Culebra. It was in that time I got the bug for blue water sailing
Father Time is catching up to me & if I'm ever going to do it I need to get going soon.

I know that PGCA is well formed a does good service to it's members. I have met several of the BOD and for the most part they are very decent gents. My main concern is that they don't seem to be overtly welcomming to new members. The magazine and the picture trail seems to be a bit redundent with the same group of names.

When an avid student, or moreso professor of the brand is excluded from posting his knowledge and comments, for whatever reason, it does disservice to us all. I have weathered personal attacks myself and continue to involve and be involved in discussing the things that interest me such as Parkers. A free expression of ideas and freedom of speach is what this great country was founded on. I believe that it was Pat Henry who said:
" I may not believe in what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it". Keep on keeping on.

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.