April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (randy, Tim in PA, JDH, bushveld), 704 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,483
Posts545,256
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Post deleted by Run With The Fox

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 11/03/08 08:58 AM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Foxy, I think your memory needs a shot of WD 40, she may be stick'en babe.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Imagine if he wasn't "at a loss for words"...

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

Post deleted by Run With The Fox

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 11/03/08 08:04 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
...I am "not welcomed" on the PGCA because I inherited (not purchased or "collected" two Meriden 12 gauge AHE grades from my late Grandfather...

Somehow, I suspect they had other reasons.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lor and Begorra Foxy you're a lad of the old sod.as I've often said if these old guns could talk what a tale they could tell. I surely hope that you and Ed will continue to participate in this forum and others if only to share the knowledge.

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Somehow, Mr. "Repo-Depot" I think you are correct, sir. I'm a shanty Irish working class Mick-who, due to a pure stroke of luck (I was the only Grandson) inherited two reasonably valuable Parkers-more valuable, granted had they been in the 20-28-gauge or .410 calibre than the more commonly found 12 gauge-but when you are shooting for big money per bird, would you use anything but a 12 bore? Most of the elitists on that gruppen are big-buck bracket boys-there were a few fine gents I recall-two actually tried to get me "semi-re-instated I guess"- one: a Lon Morris? from Mt. actually said- "Hey, maybe this man doesn't want to list his inherited Parkers because he is concerned about the rise in crime and the scumbag druggies who would just as soon pawn off a BHE 20 gauge circa 1922 for drugs as run over their Grandmothers. Most of the elites seem to congregate in the Eastern Seaboard sector- so to Mr. Morris of MT, thanks-also to another gentleman who owns a Stutz-Bearcat dealership in the hometown of the late William Hardon Foster-the "father of skeet" and also a Parker man- and the Parker shotgun will always be the Acme of quality in the American side-by-side gun kingdom.

I only wish to support Ed Mulderlak, and will do so until he requests me not to-as I have learned a great deal from every one of his posts I have carefully read on this website- He most likely has a MENSA grade I.Q., yet, answers all the questions asked of him herein in a most intelligent way, detailed, researched until who laid the rail- but NOT as an elitist "gun snob", and that rings bells in my black Irish heart- whose favorite blessing runs like this: "Lord, for those who love us, let them continue to love us-but Lord, for those who cannot love us, we beseech Thee to be turnin' their hearts toward us. But gracious Lord, should their hearts be hardened by the weight of the world and they cannot learn to love us, then we ask Thee to turn their ankles instead- so's we can regonize the sorry sodden bastards as they go a limpin' away. RWTF

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 11/05/08 08:57 AM.

EDM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: George L.
...not to allow someone new to Parkers to purchase his/her first one from someone on that forum especially dedicated to that brand seems foolish and self serving. Conversely for that new person who wishes to dispose of a Parker, not to be able to straightforwardly advertise it for sale on the Parker Forum, that likewise seems foolish. Just My Thoughts...George

George: The problem started with Ron K. and why the new BOD (after reorganization in 2003) didn't apply some common sense is a mystery. Your use of the word "foolish" is spot on.

The PGCA as originally constituted had five founding members of the legal BOD. Every corporation, be it for profit or non-profit has to have directors (three minimum if incorporated in IL; the PGCA was incorporated as a not-for-profit in VA, and had five directors). Forrest Marshall was elected president by the BOD, Ron K. was secretary; Fred Stump (an accountant) was treasurer.

When the PGCA was a start-up association, the original BOD's and the first "charter" members kicked in $300 each for start-up costs, like a computer, office equipment, stationery, etc. By paying $300 they were absolved of ever having to pay dues, and thus were "life members." Subsequent new members, when they joined, elected to pay $25 annual dues or a one-time $300 (and thus "life members"). But being a life member meant nothing more than not having to pay annual dues...until Ron K. got imaginative...

To encourage his cadre if willing helpers Ron (a legal director, legal secretary, and calling himself "Executive Director") invented the concept that life members would get to vote. So Ron contrived to form a "shadow BOD" of his helpers. An election was held, five shadow BODs were elected, along with a new "president." Not legal, but it worked for a time, until the fictitious BODs started to work independent of Ron's wishes...and the stuff hit the fan after a contested election in spring 2003. Ron announced that it was all a sham, and with the agreement of three of four other legal directors booted out the impostors, three of which are now on the reorganized seven-man BOD and are also officers.

I was instrumental in changing the mind-set of three original BODs, which with Ron's one antagonist, constituted a majority of four legal BODs...Ron was out, and the original BOD rewrote the by-laws to allow life members to vote, a vote was taken, a new BOD installed, and Viola! The new BOD didn't want to hear from EDM, a mere annual-dues-paying non-voting member.

I have paid annual dues now for 15 years; I have had people press $$$ in my hand at PGCA events, so that they could put me up for the BOD. But since 1991, when I bought my sailboat, Solent, my wife and I have averaged 6 months per year, coming and going, sailing or at anchor, almost all of the time out of the country. For the past 18 years there was no way I could assume a leadership role being gone so much. So I researched and wrote, which I could do on the fly. My first book was written while anchored in Clark's Court Bay, Grenada BWI, for 5 months in 1995/96.

Meanwhile, as an annual-dues-paying "bystander" with over 11,000 books out there with my picture, name, and hometown, and given the Internet, I am easy to get in touch with. And for a great many members who joined up with applications slipped in my books, I am the only face they associate with the PGCA. Of the 1,000 members, less than 10 percent have ever attended a gathering. So when things go wrong I hear about it, and being hopelessly entwined with the PGCA, I have often passed the message...like recently when a person who joined in April in Sanford NC at the PGCA/LCS Shootout, and hadn't heard anything for FOUR MONTHS! I e-mailed 4 honchos: one responded that it wasn't his problem; two failed to acknowledge my e-mail; one e-mailed me, and I quote him: "What are you trying to do, stir up trouble?"

The punch-line is that the PGCA BOD has killed the messenger. When I receive my "current" Roster in August (or thereabouts each year), the first thing I do is update my mailing list for new members...but this August there were no new members! The powers that be reprinted last year's Roster at no little expense and mailed at least 1,000 of them at usual postage rates. When I discovered and reported the glitch my info went over like a turd in the punch bowl. And the last thing the powers that be want is this mentioned and opened for discussion on the PGCA Forum.

Finally, if I was allowed on the PGCA Forum I would have mentioned that Ray P. at the Vintagers has always supported the PGCA with a gratis display table, after I wrote about the possibilities in 1997. The PGCA had a large tent with about 20 tables at a bargain price this year at Pintail Point, which the PGCA officers, BODs, and honchos largely abandoned Saturday afternoon. The PGCA tent was almost vacant Sunday...like a conspicuous eyesore...like rats deserting a sinking ship, like gun show dealers packing up on Sunday mornings, which guarantees that promoters who have to pay rent for both Saturday and Sunday, will have little or no Sunday paid admissions.

You see, George L., stuff like this does not contribute to the self-aggrandizing back slapping that is endemic to certain persons who have the power to pull my plug. But in the final analysis, this site is so much more diverse and interesting, and one can fritter away a great amount of time on the Internet if given the chance. Not having the chance to be heard on the PGCA forum was inconvenient when my book was approaching release back around Labor Day. Friends passed the update messages...but always concerned about just how vindictive the Forum police might be. The book is now an accomplished fact, and my participation on the PGCA Forum is passe'.

I have moved on to doublegunshop.com where persons can express themselves without the paranoia so often detected on parkergun.org , where posters are always super-sensitive to the "speak-no-evil" thought police lurking (never contributing), just waiting to "disappear" another worthwhile thread. What a breath of fresh air this site has proved to be! EDM

EDM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed: Thanks for the well thought out response. I have been a member of PGCA for only three years now but in that brief amount of time I have detected a good bit of "home cooking". While it is fine to enjoy each other's company it is not so fine not to invite new blood, with new ideas, new outlooks and other new friends into the PGCA fold. There is not a whole lot of youth to be seen in the BOD and while I am no "spring Chicken" myself I know that there are many young Parker afficianados out there who could and would contribute a lot to the organization. I'll say again: "If You're Not Growin' Yer Dyin'" Keep up the good writing. I really envy you your forays into the Caribbean. I'm an ex Tin Can Sailor and It has been a lifelong dream to finish my life doing what you & your wife are doing. Do you scuba in Aruba?

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Serving as a member of the PGCA BOD is not an appointed position. One can even nominate one's self but, never-the-less, must be nominated for election. No one can be refused nomination as long as he/she is a member in good standing - then it is up to the election process which, in my opinion, is quite fair and democratic. The sagacity that normally comes with age is not necessarily a bad thing - it has served mankind well through the milennia and is good for the PGCA and any other organization wherein wisdom and experience are always called upon in decision-making processes. Yes, youth is good; fresh ideas are good too, as well as the energy of youth too. There are two positions opening on the PGCA BOD very soon... let's see what happens.

Dean

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.