April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (SKB), 276 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,458
Posts544,976
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#117072 10/16/08 05:56 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I used to subscribe to Grays, are there any current subscribers, and what do you think of it these days?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Doesn't do much for me, so I don't buy it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've subscribed to it since it first came out; even through the time period when it was going broke and was printed in the "weekly reader" pamphlet style. Its slicker than it used to be but the overall writing quality has slipped. What I used to like most about Grays was the formatting they used so that the articles read straight through instead of "see page so-and-so", but they have too much advertising to do that now. Overall, I'm still a Grays fan and will continue to subscribe...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

I prefer the issues that focus on bird hunting and so on, but I think the writing is pretty good. The last few issues I have read cover to cover. It is not oriented the same way as DGJ or SSM. More like literature some times.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I liked it and subscribed to it for a few years. But there was a bit too much fishing in it for me. I did like the poems on the last page each month.

Sidelock
Sidelock

No, this mag seems to cater to ole' money. It makes me think of huge southern estate/plantations. It's too 'Billionaire Boys Club' for me.
On the cover the DSGJ seems worse, but inside you can find articles by Joe Avg there and stories about guns just about anyone could own. That is true inner beauty of The Double Gun & Single Shot Journal.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've been an off-and-on subscriber for years; I think I have a year left right now but probably will not re-up, because 1) If John Hewitt doesn't come back after his stroke, at least 50% of the reason to read it will be gone; 2) The editors' idea of what is "sporting" and mine have drifted miles apart; 3) It's become mostly another travel guide for people with more money than sense; and 4) There's some good writing there, but it's become way too "cliquey" in my opinion.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.