April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (KDGJ, buckstix, Argo44, Roundsworth, graybeardtmm3, 1 invisible), 397 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,479
Posts545,212
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

dogon,
Perhaps you deserve an explanation as to why I hate the mention of 'That' gun.On another board that I look at, Mr. Galazan is a major advertiser/ sponsor of said forum.I find it inacceptable the amount of free publicity and mentions he gets about what essentially is (IMO, I hasten to add)a piece of junk.To have money paid in full and to be in some cases a year or more behind on delivery is rude.Yes of course I have the ability to not read the threads which I invariably do.
If you think it is a good gun and value for money, good for you, but you really should get out more.

Salopian #112575 09/13/08 06:33 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

A Piece of junk???????? The RBL?????
Do you won one? Have you shot one? I have 2, a 20 and a 28. Definitely not a piece of junk.

Delays odnt make it a piec eof junk. Thats a seperate issue fomr the quality of the guns. And I iwll say, they are very high quality, especially for a semi mass production gun. I base my opinion on the RBL's I have, the Foxes I have and the English guns (both shotguns and double rifles). No, I am not making a direct comparison but they are nicely made guns.

as far as disucssing politics or anything else you dont lik here on this site. Its easy, just dont open and read the link. Topical questions relating to control are important. Do we not allow discussions about gunmakers personla histories since that my not be directly related to thier guns? I could go on. I think thta if the subject is collateral to doube guns, I have no issue with it. and if i dont like the topic, I odnt read it. I excercise personal choice.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Salopian #112576 09/13/08 06:34 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

A Piece of junk???????? The RBL?????
Do you own one? Have you shot one? I have 2, a 20 and a 28. Definitely not a piece of junk.

Delays dont make it a piece of junk. Thats a seperate issue from the quality of the guns. And I will say, they are high quality, especially for a semi mass production gun. I base my opinion on the RBL's I have, the Foxes I have and the English guns (both shotguns and double rifles)that I have. No, I am not making a direct comparison but they are nicely made guns.

as far as disucssing politics or anything else you dont like here on this site. Its easy, just dont open and read the link. Topical questions relating to control are important. Do we not allow discussions about gunmakers personal histories since that my not be directly related to thier guns? I could go on. I think that if the subject is collateral to doube guns, I have no issue with it. and if i dont like the topic, I dont read it. I excercise personal choice.

Last edited by Brian; 09/13/08 06:35 AM.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Brian #112581 09/13/08 08:37 AM

RBLs are guns - this board is for discussion of guns and gun issues. Thanks to Dave, we have free choice of which gun issues we want to discuss.

As for politics, there's too much corrosive political BS today on the internet, on TV, on billboards, on talk radio. We don't need more here, especially when each side seems bent on denigrating the other. We have liberals, conservatives and independents on this board. Our common interest in the 2nd Amendment, and in double guns, should unite us - please, don't let our politics divide us. Leave your politics behind when you come here.

Arguing "left vs. right" is okay - when we're talking double guns.

Sample my new book at http://www.theweemadroad.com
Salopian #112584 09/13/08 10:04 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Even in todays global economy made in USA means a lot to some folks.

Sidelock
Sidelock

From the rarefied air of high on the mount comes the word of what is Junk and what is not.

I always try to keep a subjective eye on just about every issue,gun related or not. I'm fully aware of some of the short comings of Galazans and the RBL. I have posted both positive and negative things about both the gun and the company. But one thing I've never done is to flat out say the gun is junk or that Tony Galazan isn't trying to do some good things.

The RBL is what it is: It's a good quality simple boxlock that is priced so an average person can envision owning one and option them for a semi-custom gun if they so choose. Obviously they are not the type of guns those on the mount will want to own, there are plenty of Purdy's and H&H british best guns for you out there and all I can say is IMO this is what makes this a great site, we can all share our experiences and double gun interests and therefore enjoy our double guns that much more because of this site. To advocate banning discussion about one type or make of gun is doing this site a great injustice.

As far as the political posts. It's this simple for me, I know where we stand as the gun community here in America and what's at stake in this election. I suspect that most Americans here on this site are NRA members and know what the NRA stance is. I just don't need to see it here and I agree with Dave. There are plenty of places to go and discuss politics, lets keep this site about double guns. We all know what's at stake this November and will exercise are right to vote to protect what's important to us.

dogon #112599 09/13/08 01:32 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well said dogon.Glad you took my reply in good heart.Everyone knows I am a wind up merchant.
Except Brian of course, who now admits he got bit twice.
As for Politics, can anyone take a Nation seriously who have elected a cowboy as President?
Still we Brits should talk. We always seem to elect Liars or sex obsessives.

Cary #112611 09/13/08 04:18 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Again thanks Dave! Nice to have a refuge from the election year noise.

Salopian #112819 09/15/08 10:05 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: salopian
As for Politics, can anyone take a Nation seriously who have elected a cowboy as President?
Still we Brits should talk. We always seem to elect Liars or sex obsessives.

And re-elected him!! Think you are being a bit tough on the yourselves, tho, Maggie T fits neither category (AFAIK!!)
;-)
K.

Salopian #112820 09/15/08 10:17 AM

Originally Posted By: salopian
...can anyone take a Nation seriously who have elected a cowboy as President?

Teddy Roosevelt was more of a cowboy than Dubya, and was certainly worth taking seriously. At least our head of state is elected by the people, not imposed by heredity. Does anyone take the current heir to the throne seriously?

Sample my new book at http://www.theweemadroad.com
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.