April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (liverwort, Der Ami, ClapperZapper, Lloyd3, buckstix, Hugh Lomas), 479 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,465
Posts545,067
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 21 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 20 21
Sidelock
Sidelock

The race issue is strange and it seems if you have any black in you at all you get the black vote.One of the greatest black men of all times is Tiger Woods who I believe is 25% black,Obama is 50%.I would guess if Homeless Joes family is long time south he may be able to slip in as a blackman with a 1% or so from the 1800's if he decides to run for office.I myself always put down Africian American when I was job hunting just to get the extra points.No matter if you go by the Bible or scince our families all started in Africa somewhere.

Quote:
Candidates for high office should rise up through the ranks by their proven merit over a sufficent period of time that their name becomes known as an extension of their recogonized accomplishments.

With respect to elected high government officials, it's precisely that kind of "experience" of entrenched, corrupt "insiders" that a lot of Americans are fed up with. It's only the outsiders not yet poisoned by the party machines that offer real hope.

Quote:
A surprise person who has to be introduced to an unknowing public, with this stranger's putitive qualifications being explained like on a job resume, is NOT VP material at this premature stage in his or her political career.

I see. So you assume that your ignorance of a Governor with a 90% approval rating is representative of everyone else's? Rather presumptuous, don't you think? It is, but, even if not, at a minimum it shows Senator McCain to be more on the ball than you.

Quote:
BHO is not presidential material

BHO certainly isn't presidential material, and his political career clearly establishes that his "experience" is something that is a detriment of value to our country. The opposite is true of Governor Palin's.

Quote:
even though several years in the Illinois senate and 4 years as a US senator trumps Ms. Palin's 2 years of being govenor of Alaska ever time.

Simply absurd...and Governor Palin has accomplished more in two years in office that OBiden has in 36 years in the Senate.

Quote:
And the idea that someone's inability to take a leak standing up is going to attract sufficent persons who share the same disability and help McCain's hopes in November..

Ah...so that's your problem.

"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."
Jimmy W Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Bin Laden? Uh........sit back down, Joe.

Jimmy W Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I guess only time will tell. Let's hope when McCain was grabbing at straws he didn't grab an anchor!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

George Will recently commented that the reality of the two-party "system" has always been [roughly paraphrased] . . . not whether an elite shall govern, but which elite? Mrs. Palin may be the second coming of "Mr. Smith" for all I know or maybe she just lusts for entree to the halls of power.

I like the fact that she named her kids for places, occupations. Reminds me of the fictional family of anarchist dynamiters in Pynchon's Against The day. Time will tell what's she's all about and what she's capable of.

jack

Gov. Palin's nomination should put to rest complaints that the 2008 ticket isn't conservative enough. That might even save the GOP from extremism in 2012.

Sample my new book at http://www.theweemadroad.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
even though several years in the Illinois senate and 4 years as a US senator trumps Ms. Palin's 2 years of being govenor of Alaska ever time.
4 years?? Obama served EXACTLY 143 days in Congress. The ONE committee he was appointed to never even met!
Jim

Last edited by italiansxs; 09/01/08 02:54 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
PM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

The daily Gallup shows a 2 point pick up for McCain since his VP announcement http://www.gallup.com.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Amigo just because you think your family started in Africa please don't try and confuse my family with yours.

My family didn't start in Africa....I might look like an ape but I tend think it's the Neanderthal in me.

I can assure you we didn't own or sleep with slaves and there is not a drop of black blood in my family tree ....Can you truthfully say the same ?

I'm from Mississippi via Virginia, England, Ireland and Germany and proud of it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Joe,
I see you have been around. "I'm from Mississippi via Virginia, England, Ireland and Germany and proud of it". The true test is are they proud of you or proud that you are FROM (far from)all those fine places.
Ron

Page 12 of 21 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.