April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (Ducks Rx, buckstix, barrel browner, cpa, ClapperZapper, AaronN), 423 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,479
Posts545,206
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike,

Last time with Luis there was not a single drive to the fields from the lodge that was over 15 minutes. Several times I don't believe the engine got warmed up good. In fact, the last afternoon we shot right beside la Paloma Riverside in a field by the river. Sure hope that trip was not a fluke and that this next one will be just as good.

With the possibility of a very undesirable person in the White House next term, coupled with the Congress we have now, I'm tempted to look around for a nice estancia for sale and move down there. Just can't bear to leave my two sons and three grandsons, tho'.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

If I'd make some kind of an unexpected financial windfall, I'd buy the one right next to you.

Boys if you ain't been down there figure out a way to go, it's the place to be.

DLH

Out there at the crossroads molding the devil's bullets. - Tom Waits
Sidelock
Sidelock

chux I love dove hunting in the US. One of the things I enjoy is hunting with my dogs. Not that they are super dove dogs, just that they are mine. I was afraid I would lose interest in dove hunting here if I went to Argentina but the opposite has happened and I have started hunting dove more here.

Stan last summer Joe Wood and I went to Los Chanares and the drives were sub 15 minutes and that was a major improvement. It adds another two or so hours of hunting each day.

Raimey that area interests me. I also have a keen interest in going on a big pigeon shoot down there with a 12 gauge Winchester 21.

Stan I think it is just like Dorothy said' "There is no place like home. There is no place like home."

Destry if you or Stan get a place down there I hope you will let me come down and be a bird boy now and then. I will fetch for shells.

Best,

Mike

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 07/30/08 09:20 PM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike:

For pigeons and doves give Santiago Del Estero a look at http://www.sycsporting.com . Now it's about 6 or 7 hours(depends on traffic and if the truckers or farmers are on strike) North of Cordoba. Wait a couple years and there will be an airstrip there which will make the trip a little easier. For now I won't fly 10-12 hours and then ride 6 hours back to back to a lodge. It's just too much travel. Given a days rest and I'd ride 5 or so hours. But the outfitters want you to come directly to the lodge and hit the ground running in hunting the afternoon you arrive.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ok, I couldn't resist....got back 3 weeks ago. We were near the town of Esquina in Argentina. Great shooting, food, etc. We went through Trek. Our second trip to this lodge. I really can't wait to go back.

Last edited by Chris Baumohl; 07/31/08 09:34 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Chris:

Did you get all those Roseys out of the same flock??

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Long as this thread has turned into a travelogue on South America, let me make this somewhat educated observation: The dove only trips are TOO much dove shooting and the shells at $12 a box add an unexpected and substantial expense. If you go, book a mixed-bag type trip where you shoot doves a couple of days to get it out of your system, and then ducks in the mornings a few days mixed with afternoon perdiz hunts over pointing dogs or decoyed picazura and spot-wing Pigeon shooting in the afternoon. For perdiz or ducks the trip needs to be booked during their Fall season which is May to July. Uruguay is a little less expensive than Argentina..Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

chux I apologize for hijacking your thread!

Best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Me too Chuck,

Raimey, that is the result of a morning of duck shooting in a HUGE pasture. Cows everywhere, Gaucho's moving them around. Shot over a good sized water hole.

Geo., you forgot one of the fun things to add to the list of activities!!! We shot ducks, dove, pigeon, Perdiz and fished. There might have been a parakeet or two in one of the bags as well... Shells were $14/box.

Last edited by Chris Baumohl; 07/30/08 10:25 PM.
chux Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Amarillo, dont worry about it, I am enjoying the banter, and am drooling over the prospects of a trip. My problem if it is a problem is I am a passionate fly fisherman, even more so then my bird dog or double guns. I take 2 or 3 fishing trips every year. One to North Georgia, the others to just about everywhere. We pull a Rv and it gets pretty expensive. I guess I need to start another travel fund!

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.