April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
10 members (Jimmy W, Hal M Hare, ClapperZapper, 4 invisible), 204 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,461
Posts545,005
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
Sidelock
Sidelock

Amen to everything you said Jack- I had a "repro-man" come to my door a few years ago- looking for a ficticious neighbor. I kept the chain on, and I had my Colt Combat Commander in the small of my back- locked, cocked and ready- if he tried to break in- He asked if he could use my phone call the Police Dept- I told him No-: One- what repro dude doesn't carry a cell phone today- ditto bail bondsmen, and Two- there is a Sheriff's Deputy living across the road- go over there and ask him- he left- muttering, and I watched him- he got into his car and headed down the road- never went to my Deputy neighbor's house. I keep the Colt for my first reach weapon just as you detailed- but if the stuff looks bad- the 12 ga. pump is available- I have a 5 shot Uncle Mike's shell band on the buttstock group- a double is fine- but I like the extra capacity of a pump- Good neighbors and a big loud dog are worth their weight in gold. RWTF

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 07/25/08 03:41 PM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeah- loved it when Stallone as "Rambo-First Blood_ popped off a LAW in the cockpit of a chopper, if he really had, his Italian Stallion ass would have been vaporized by the backblast- great door knocker- only missing one op. code item on the stencil however- after firing, destroy tube assy. (or else Charlie will use it for a improvised mortar or make it into an IED- and then you will be in a whole new world of hurt!! RWTF

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 07/25/08 08:52 AM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

As for a zombie attack, I would reach for my tricked out AR15, but I would have all my guns, including the ol' Betsy's loaded up as backups!

NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

Personally, I think any birdshot load at typical ranges encountered in a house shooting would put a fairly small hole with deep penetration in a bad guy irregardless of choke.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I live in a great part of town(professional people & then there's Lowell), and crime seemed to be far away and someone else's problem.
A few minor break-ins and I'm into when the SHTF sites.
I keep a Ruger Blackhawk 357 around - its up to snuff, but I'm not with it...It's plenty loud tho'.

Sidelock
Sidelock

http://xavierthoughts.blogspot.com/search/label/Why%20I%20Carry%20a%20Gun

JIC this link doesn't do it, hunt the blog, "Nurse With A Gun" and scroll down past the bycycle and firearms musings.

You'll know it, when you hit it.

And, BTW, some really interesting bloggers are linked there, as well.

Relax; we're all experts here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I37 Deerslayer slug gun makes a pretty good skirmisher. I'd load the tube and shove it under the bed and then I noticed when I went to pull it out I never could remember exactly where it was. So I put it in my bathroom gunrack (surely y'all have auxillary gunracks in bathrooms to take the overflow from the safe?) and then it occured that it was closer to the kitchen door than I was at nite so I unloaded.

jack

I used to keep my S&W Mod. 49 next to the bed, tucked down in the toe of one of my battered old size 14 leather boots. One day we came home and discovered we'd been burglarized. The bedroom was a mess - bedding torn apart, mattress dumped, drawers dumped, closet racks and shelves emptied. But the burglars never looked in those worn-out boots - the snubby was still there!

I don't use that gimmick any more - got a better and safer one now. But the lesson remains: don't keep your guns where the bad guys always look for them - under the mattress, under the bed, in the drawers, in the closet.

Sample my new book at http://www.theweemadroad.com
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Years ago, I made lite of the SHTF crowd, now I'm not!
Crazy things been goin'on.
Fuel drained from school buses, used car lots and truck stops.
Next stop! your lunchbox!

A home defense weapon should be easy to carry and conceal. I like a handgun that slips easily into a pocket or under the belt for times when you get an unexpected visitor, hear suspicious noises or need to check out your property. That's why I settled on the S&W Model 49.

My snubby also sports a set of Barami Hip Grips, which I really like. They make a holster unnecessary, and provide a more stable hold on the scrawny J-frame grip.

Sample my new book at http://www.theweemadroad.com
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.