May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
8 members (j7l2, PALUNC, Ken Nelson, earlyriser, 2 invisible), 503 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,456
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jack - what an excellent idea. I could use Eightbore's black powder blank in the right barrel for the flush and the triple-ought cartridge in the left barrel for the kill! I would be true to The Parker Owners' Ideals.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 07/24/08 02:06 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Who says they're even getting thru the door!
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Is that a Fabbri?

Best,

Mike

Hmph - the straight grip is okay, but it only has a single trigger.

Sample my new book at http://www.theweemadroad.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

He omly needs one shot...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Self defense with blanks may not be the best idea for those who live in the real world. The idea that criminals are generally cowards is true in the term that they do not have the guts to earn a living like the rest of us. Make no mistake, many do have the will to take what they want at any cost and they do not scare but they do run out of blood.

When my gun comes to bear in a home or self defense situation it is to stop a threat. That threat is stopped when it no longer has the ability to move and continue to be a threat.

Ideally the choice of guns is determined by the situation. In most situations the best gun is the one at hand. 44's,45's and big bore shotguns are good choices IF you have them near by.

You best defense is to be mentally prepared for the unthinkable act of letting blood in defense of you and yours.

BD
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nope these AT4s are made in Sweden and cost the military $35,000 each. The one I have and show above is an inert trainer(Yellow Band). However there is a 9MM insert for these made for practice. I'm trying to locate one. I can't wait to see the expression on the faces when I walk out onto the range with this for a little practice.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Although I've been shot at (or near) and taken shrapnel in the back from a "friendly" HE mortar round hung way too vertical, I have never fired a gun or rifle at a fellow human. Horrible thing to contemplate but some things are worse. I don't contemplate any successful house clearings but back to the wall and for the sake of "leaving a mark", I do keep a GP100 4" loaded all six with .38+p jhp and a speed loader with some heavier .357 stuff. I think I might actually have a chance of hitting center of mass with that one and have taught myself to let the trigger return. I guess if it turned into a seige, I might be able to get to the safe for another revolver and a couple boxes of 250gr. Gold Dots with a lot of 2400 behind them. Fortunately, I live in a nice old tie-course brick house so containment might not be a problem long as nothing goes thru a window or door. I have a few Federal buckshot loads but don't keep a loaded shotgun.

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

I do. The same Win '97 that my grandmother once turned to in defense of her home and granddaughter when a drunk mistook her house for his. Gramma was standing at the top of the stairs calmly shoving Federal paper shells in the magazine. He sobered up real fast. She gave it to me shortly before she passed on commenting "it holds seven shells".

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

Blanks probably not a good idea.

I do think that a couple of loads of buckshot in the chest and neck are probably a good deterrant.

I agree somewhat that shotguns are a little unwieldy but for some people so are long barrel pistols.

I have a short russian SXS with the barrels as short as a citizen is allowed. It also has a pretty short stock. Although it is longer than a pistol it is compact enough that clearing a room with it is acceptable(slicing the pie if you are familiar with the technique).

This only has two shots but is much shorter than I could get in anything else. I think that 00B is a much more effective round than even a .45 which I also keep in my nightstand.

I will probably not be using a flashlight if I can help it.

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.