March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Ken Nelson, SKB, battle, trw999, Argo44, 1 invisible), 362 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,002
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

If you don't mind, I'm putting this up in the front again.

Still looking for information.

GOD BLESS AMERICA.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well fellers heres the deal. At this point in time no one seems to definitivly know which company produced the actions for untold numbers of German makers. It is clear however, that Sauer did produce some frame forgings for the trade, as well as other components. Some folks SPECULATE that Sauer produced forgings for Lindner (Charles Daly) but offer no real proof. These Lindner forgings could have been produced by Krupp or simson or Merkel or Mauser (less likely) for all that we know. Lets be clear hear. Anyone that says that Sauer produced the actions for Linder is only offering opinion.

In regards to the Geyger action above, it is closer to a Linder type Action then a Sauer Action. Lindner actions usually seen having the large prominent screw in the middle of the minor frame panel AND cocking indicators thru the top of the frame.

As for the Elephant in this room (so to speak) Does your Geyger have the Lindner type of "Ejector eyes" on the sides of the forend? Can you post a picture of the frame and forend in place so that we can see if the forend does indeed have these aforementioned eyes or anchors? Danke and best.

Jeff

Sidelock
Sidelock

Very interesting discussion, Lindner who built the guns marketed under the Charles Daly name was supplied forgings by some other German maker. This could get interesting real fast!!

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Some more photos. I hope these shed some more light on my topic ...

GOD BLESS AMERICA.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Peter: could you measure the length of the action? On the side of the tube does it have a "crown" over "N" with the word "Nitro"? This coupled w/ the vulgar fractions could put it's proof prior to WWI, the time when Charles Daly had expired(1899) and H.A. Lindner was winding down.

Very nice w/ square crossbolt, sideclips, ejectors, straight stock. It still looks like a Model 17, with similar ejectors, to me but I could be very wrong and I do see the likeness to a H.A. Linder, who I believe sourced his frames. Lindner could also have gotten the frames from Triebel(H.A. married Hedwig Trieble), Theime-Schlegemilch, August Schuler or even Schilling. I think AKAH peddled Schuler's and most should have 'Schuler' or 'ASS'(August Schuler Suhl). This example just goes to show just how intricate the connection were in Suhl, and surrounding Zella St. Blasii and Mehlis and how dependent all were on weapons making; a very long tradition.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Last edited by ellenbr; 07/20/08 09:31 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Please measure the length of the action from the breech face to the middle of the pin. Be very accurate.
Show a picture of the under side of the fore end.
The square cross bolt is a very good clue. As is the three digit serial number and the Berlin address of the seller.
Best,
John

Humble member of the League of Extraodinary Gentlemen (LEG). Joined 14 March, 2006. Member #1.
Sidelock
Sidelock

From what I can see the forearm lug looks much to narrow to be a Lindner gun though the action looks much like one.I believe this must be from one of the fine S named makers not Lindner.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

This is the best I could do. Also, on the lower portion of eacg barrel is the word "NITRO", but not a crown over the letter "U". It looks more like the crown over the eagle. Now, I'm more confused.

I'm guessing the measurement to be 1 15/16ths", or 2 ".

GOD BLESS AMERICA.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Peter:

"Eagle Nitro" is a common mark on Sauers proofed/proved after 4/1912. It's usually on the side of the tube just up from the flat. Interesting that the flats doesn't show that the tubes have choke. Could you give us a pic of the bottom of the frame?

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Last edited by ellenbr; 07/20/08 10:23 AM.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Here ya go ...

GOD BLESS AMERICA.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.