Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr. CB-

You post this when my thread, a WTB sub 6# gun post, has been on top (meaning everyone who logs onto the forum sees it, whether or not they enter the buy/sell forum) for about the 24 hours. You then make the assertion that people who would buy a gun or rifle that light light would do so because they were brainwashed by BS and did not think for themselves. I just repeated YOUR VERY OWN words in my response.

You also asert that folks who would buy such guns would not be able to hit anything with them, but would almost assuredly not use them in the fieled anyway.

I build such rifles, sell them, and use them myself, and can assure you they see hard duty in far flung rough and tumble places and are used to deadly affect.

If you desire a more polite answer, then my suggestion is not to insult the intellegence of folks whose opinion you do not understand. If you intelligently ask for information, as opposed to bull-headedly stating what you already "know" in the form of a question, you could actually learn soemthing about the topic.

I have found that the overwhelming majority of of people will do everything they can to help someone else if asked in even a semi-polite manner. As a matter of fact, they do even have to speak the same language as you, as long as you smile and do your best to get your point a cross with hand gestures and drawings. This has been proven to me time after time in many countries around the globe. Like the old "Mikey" cereal commercials from the '70's said, "Try it, yu'll like it!"

And this is my last post in this thread. I absolutely refuse to get into tit-for-tats on the internet. I actually wish I kept to my usual mode of not posting on any boards these days. My intellegence is (legitimately) questioned on a regular basis and in looking at it now, you doing so is absolutely no skin off my nose.

skunk out
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: cherry bomb
What am I missing?

From my perspective, quite a bit. I shoot a couple of sub 5 # guns, because I enjoy shooting them. If you haven't tried light guns, you should, in an effort to form your own opinion. If you have, and you didn't like them, why ask the question?

Always looking for small bore Francotte SxS shotguns.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Evidently you haven't spent 2-3 consecutive days chasing chukars in most parts of Idaho, or miles walking in pursuit of wild pheasants in the morning and chukars in the afternoon!

If you had, you never would have made the statement about being brainwashed or not thinking on one's own.

With the type of terrain that I hunt, I've conciously, as I've gotten older, purchased sxs's that are lighter, and have no trouble hitting birds with those guns!

Cameron Hughes
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ditto to what Cameron says, I'm about as cheap as a person can be (just ask my wife!) yet I appreciate value and put real value in having a lightweight gun to carry all day. Also, though I'm just an average shot, my 5# 16 gauge is my go to gun when I want to be sure I make my shots. I wouldn't use it for trap but for sporting clays and skeet (and hunting) it's a terrific little gun.
Steve

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)

Im 54, have had a stroke, open heart surgery, and have 4 herniated discs in my lower back. I have a Llew, an English setter, and a GSP. I take 5 weeks vacation every fall and hunt all day every day that it is not pouring down rain. New Hampshire for grouse and woodcock, Michigan for grouse and woodcock, and at home in Pa we hunt the same plus state stocked pheasants during the week, and chukars and pheasants on weekends at a private club from October through the end of March.
I carry a 5# 6 ounce 16 ga. hammergun every day that the weather cooperates. There is no way I would want to haul one of my 12 gauge doubles around that much. It's hard to get old.

I can't be too bad, my dogs will kiss me.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think the advantages have been pretty well covered on why I carry a sub 6# 16.

If you believe in Greener's proposition that a game gun should weigh 96 times it shot charge then only a 12 ga and larger should weigh more than 6#.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The real advantage to my sub-6# guns and rifles is that they are light in weight.

--Tinker

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Those who read my post again will see I used words"some" and 'we" I did not discredit any one personanly as the reply to me did. For thsoe of us not physically challenged I just don't see any advantage carrying a 6 pound gun all day rather than 7 1-2 or 8 pound. But there are many disadvantages in main which is tendency to spray and pray shooting, many wounded birds due to fringe hits because shooter did not accurately center the bird. If it were clay targets that is just fine, prrof is in the puddinbg. Live targets are another thing tho.

Sidelock
Sidelock

For some kinds of hunting, I would say light guns are just essential; sort of a "necessary evil" because, yes, they do kick, and yes, they MAY encourage poor shooting techniques, but, as they say, "Shotguns don't kill grouse, legs do." And for all the miles you have to put in to score a grouse (MPG= miles per grouse), any extra pounds per shotgun are a handicap. And the gun HAS to be quick, meaning you have to still be able to mount and shoot fast and well in spite of exhaustion....

And THEN there's chukar hunting: same problems SQUARED, plus heat and altitude, and canyons to fall into. (How much does YOUR parachute weigh?). Ideal chukar gun: carries like a .410, shoots like a 10.

Hunting guns are always a trade-off between "the perfect carrying gun" and "the perfect shooting gun." It still being a free country, we get to solve that dilemma our own ways, according to our grit, gut/age, bucks, and taste. Keeps it fun.

By the way, Happy Independence Day to all--with Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday!

Sidelock
Sidelock

CB

You seem to lack some basic critical thinking skills.
Although you might believe you're acting in a courteous and generous fashion (and I doubt that) you're appearing as if you have a chip on your shoulder for anyone who owns/carries/hunts with guns in the 'sub-6#' weight class.

It's also possible you're also looking for a fight and are purposely using 'borderline inflammatory' remarks in order to fulfill this interest.

The result is that you're giving yourself the appearance of being an ass.

--Tinker

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.