April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (mel5141, dbh1956, SKB, WBLDon), 1,005 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,481
Posts545,234
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

From this article http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1026348,daleygun062608.article
"At a time when Chicago's homicide rate is rising by nearly 13 percent ..."

"Chicago's ban on new handguns-and a companion requirement that all existing guns be re-registered every year was pushed through the City Council in 1982 in the wake of the assassination attempts on former President Ronald Reagan and Pope John Paul II and the death of two police officers.

The number of registered guns has steadily plummeted ever since."

Daley apparently speaks with forked tongue.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The decision was a 5/4 split right along liberal/comservative lines as, unfortunately, I expected:

Voted to overturn the Washington ban*
Scalia(He also wrote the majority opinion).
Kennedy
Roberts
Alieto
Thomas

Voted to retain the Washington ban*
Stevens
Breyer
Ginsberg
Souter
*If the minority had prevailed here it would have meant that the 2nd Ammendment is NOT an individual right. This IMO would have allowed for registration of all firearms and yes; that would have included our beloved shotguns. Once firearms are registered it's a simple step to declare them illegal and confiscate them. We've seen this happen in both Great Britian and Australia.
This was a big step in the right direction. I now hope we can present a united front when the new and far more severe "Assault Weapons" ban comes up in Congress after the 2008 elections.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.

It's nice to know that we have 5 Justices on our Supreme Court who are actually willing to stand up and fight for our Constitution. The 4 "liberals" voting in opposition are an embarassement.

Just wait until Obama gets a chance to change the balance of the court ... he'll probably have little Richie Daley write the next opinion ... in crayola of course.

"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it" - Capt. Woodrow Call
Sidelock
Sidelock

Better thank GW!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
"Chicago Police Supt. Jody Weis today said that 75 percent of Chicago’s murders involve firearms. So far this year, Chicago Police have responded to 15,000 “man with a gun” calls and 27,000 calls of “shots fired.”
This is from the Chicago Sun Times report on Daleys speech today.

Whoa just wait a minute here. The police responded to 15,000 man with a gun calls and 27,000 shots fired so far this year? And this in in Chicago which has for all practical purposes a total gun ban? What's wrong with this picture? Perhaps the bad guys that are doing this are ignoring the law? So apparentely this gun ban has no reasonable effect whatsoever other than to disarm the law abiding public?
I lived in the Chicago suburbs for many years and I can tell you in detail why this is the case here but not on a public forum.
BTW: I live in a Phoenix ,AZ suburb where virtually anyone without a criminal record can own a gun and have never heard a shot fired in my area in the 13 years I've been here.
Jim

Last edited by italiansxs; 06/26/08 07:13 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

The NRA has been fighting this fight for decades. We all should thank them for their efforts and their tireless work to keep the Second Amendment in the Constitution. If you hear the loud pop, pop, pop tonight it is the NRA having a well deserved bottle of champagne.

Now just think what would have come if they had lost. Complete reregistration and eventual loss of all firearms in our future. In the end hand guns would have gone first, then semi auto rifles and shotguns. Then as we became more civilized all the rest of the gun would have been gone. Guns, hunting and an entire heritage would have been lost and have been saved for now, today.

THANK YOU NRA. THANK YOU SCOTUS.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, our thanks should go out to the NRA. And keep in mind that local laws can always override anything. Long after I'm gone, people might have to stand up and fight for their rights. And they will have to ask themselves if giving up their wives and children and their lives are worth their guns. And in the past, people have given in. I can't see it being any different in the future.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll say it again, Jimmie. When they pry them from my cold dead hands. It doesn't sound like we need guys like you on our side. I'm embarrased for you. Chops

Sidelock
Sidelock

If guns were the problem, any gun show would have been more dangerous than Baghdad before the surge. I too will have an adult beverage tonight, and toast the 5 justices who have some common sense. But we can never rest on our laurels because of the other 4 and the ones who may follow.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

There will be no dudes with a badge. They will pay Eric Prince's merks and members of other merk armies already on US soil to do it. You know the boys who now shoot iraqi civilians for sport.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.