April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Jimmy W, earlyriser, 1 invisible), 423 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,480
Posts545,231
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 21 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 20 21
Sidelock
Sidelock

The "People-ing" of the Earth is one of the most facinating subjects I know of. I think the currently accepted theory is Will's "Out of Africa" proposition, which seems to be supported by both archeological data and DNA research.

I don't think modern man just "appeared" in Europe, but migrated around the Mediterranean from Africa. Neanderthal was a dead end branch of the family, like many other branches, but all modern people seem to be relatives of mine and yours.

As far as the America's go, the American Indian is a relative new-comer just like the rest of us when compared to the over-all scheme of things...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Right on the Money Sir John- lotsa wisdom from the NH area-I had already decided when I first heard old "Boma" say that-"punished with a child", he is equating pregnancy (no matter the circumstances) with a illness- sort of like the leper colonies not so long ago- or the "shunning" some religious sects might inflict- I am a Catholic- not a good one perhaps, but I believe all life is sacred-and children- well the late Fr. Flanigan said it best- back in 1921 or so "No man stands taller than when he bends down to help a child" Obama is a chameleon-as a Vet. I appreciate McCain's service and sacrifice (5 & 1/2 years loss of freedom) to our Country-I still have my doubts about him, but when you put the two side-by-side, the choice is clear. God forbid we get Obama and Biden-and then Hillary for the Supreme Court-a nightmare scenario for gun owners, and an open invite for Al Quida to destroy us. RWTF!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

ok EDM, tell me about Obammas executive experience.less than 150 days in the senate. voted present most of the time in the state house. and there is the community organizer(i really don't know what that is)he has Biden on old time insider from the huge state of Delaware.fill me in I'm missing something?obama is the top of the dem .ticket Palin is second.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim I believe Cro-Magnon has been traced fairly well as the big spring thaw was happening.For fun fact finding concider that one one the biggest questions for sicence that delves into these thinks is how the black man came to Africa and why. The black race as we know it today did not start in Africa but many ended up there.Imageine 20,000 years ago peoples crossing oceans and finding land and then waiting for the Euros to find them so they and their land could get a name.Folks ran around Africa and other lands not knowing what things were and then POP someone would show up and say thats my Zebra ect. and the natives said great cause we didn't have a clue

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: italiansxs
Quote:
even though several years in the Illinois senate and 4 years as a US senator trumps Ms. Palin's 2 years of being govenor of Alaska ever time.
4 years?? Obama served EXACTLY 143 days in Congress. The ONE committee he was appointed to never even met!
Jim

and (from where is NOW now ?)
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=28314

"The Democrats and their fellow travelers in the media have tried to attack her for being "inexperienced." I certainly hope they continue down that path, considering the guy at the TOP of their ticket was approving dog license fees in Chicago 3 years ago."

another good point from that article;
"There has been a lot of talk during this campaign about percentages. In his acceptance speech the other night, Barack Obama got big applause when he said that John McCain had voted with President Bush 90 percent of the time and that he didn't want to gamble on a 10 percent chance for change.

What Obama didn't tell you is that he has voted 95 percent of the time with liberal Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid. That would be the same Harry Reid, who along with uberliberal House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, head up a Democratic-led Congress with a sensational 9 percent job approval rating. Obama is part of that liberal Congressional leadership of which 91 percent of the American people disapprove. Obama votes with them 95 percent of the time."

and one final one:
"In a campaign of dueling percentages, Sarah Palin has one that Obama, Pelosi, Reid, even President Bush would walk over their grandmothers for: as governor, her job approval stands at 80 percent. Even apple pie doesn't have 80 percent approval. She is McCain's secret weapon: solidly conservative, living family values, attractive, warm, and -- what do you know? -- NORMAL."

Last edited by Dave K; 09/02/08 12:43 PM.

Hillary For Prison 2018

Quote:
"Es ist nichts schrecklicher als eine thatige Unwissenheit."

J. W. v.Goethe

Sample my new book at http://www.theweemadroad.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

From Homo Erectus of over 2.2 million years ago came Homo Heidelbergensis (atleast by 1.2 million years). It is generally considered that he begat Homo Neanderthalis at about 700,000 years ago in the European area. At about 200,000 years ago we came along in West or South Africa again from Homo Heidelbergensis. At about 70,000 years ago, a horrible volcanic eruption resulted a brief but dangerous ice age that resulted in only about 2500 breeding pairs of humans left in the world. At about 50,000 years ago, a longer, milder ice age turned the Saharan Desert into a grassland and man was able to cross from lower Africa to populate the world. This man was one time called Cro-Magnon, but genetics have discoved that he is in the middle of modern European genetics. He was found in China 40,000 years ago and Europe about 35,000 years ago. These are from fossilized remains anbd do not indicate exact dates of occupation. Interestingly enough, Homo Erectus lived in Java until 30,000 yeras ago and Neanderthals in Iberia until about 28,000 yeras ago. Northern man eventually mutates to white skin as there is less direct sunlight in the North and Vitamin D (mainly from sunlight) is needed to help fight off disease. Neanderthals were light skinned very long ago (they were mainly European with some in the Levant). Early modern humans changed to light skinned 7000-12,000 years ago with blue eyes coming around 8000-10,000 years ago. America was populated from several sources. The Beringia land bridge led to population from Siberia leading to humans in Oregon at least 14,700 years ago (from carbon 14 dating of cave dung). New evidence suggest the Chesapeake area was populated by Europeans (Clovis people) at about the same time and new evidence suggests perhaps back to 30,000 years although this has not yet been confirmed). Euro man also came over the Beringia land bridge at the same time as the other Oriental immigrants. He is also known in early Japan (current Aino man) and elsewhere in the Orient.

Originally Posted By: chopperlump
I, a lifetime conservative, am disgusted by entire process. Looks like I may hold my nose and vote Mc'Cain. unhappily, Chopperlump, a Goldwater righty.

Amazing how much the perceptions of political "left" and "right" have been corrupted in a relatively short time span. Ol' "Mr. Conservative" got creamed in '64 because the opposition was successful in labeling him as a reactionary right wing extremist - which he was (so am I). Nonetheless, Goldwater never gave in, and his political views remained rigid to the end of his life. Firmly pro-choice and moderately pro-gay rights, he was too "liberal" by current standards to have a real home in the Republican Party of today. In later years, he said to the right wing: "Do not associate my name with anything you do. You are extremists, and you've hurt the Republican party much more than the Democrats have." Pity that we don't have any true conservatives around anymore. We could sure use one.

"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."
Sidelock
Sidelock

I learn so much on this forum,other than the stuff about double guns. I read carefully,do a little more reading elsewhere to check the facts and now all my friends are astonished at the breadth of my knowledge. Seriously, I am amazed at the level of knowledge on this forum.This is really interesting stuff. I still want to know how man came to weave cloth,because to me that is a real miracle involving many disparate "inventions".

Sidelock
Sidelock

Pete ain't the history of the human great and all the knowledge we can now get with carbon dateing and DNA.Its much like shotguns never say never as one will pop up and prove you wrong for sure.Republicans freed the slaves but their kin sure won't vote that way now.

Page 15 of 21 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.