May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (Stanton Hillis, cpa, Chantry, SKB, Tim Wolf, 1 invisible), 390 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,452
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Roger - that's why I qualified my post by stating the auction I was following was an 01 dealer. You are certainly free to sell or not sell to anyone based on where they live, or based on the color of their eyes for that matter. This is still a partially free country. It amazes me that laws in some areas of New York are much more restrictive than California, but rarely do I see anyone restrict sales to New York. For that matter, there are many state, county and city laws that can make the shipping of a some firearms there illegal. Unfortunately, the laws governing firearms in this country are a hodgepodge of federal, state, county and city laws, many overlapping. Because of that, I suggest anyone, dealer or not, shipping a firearm anywhere familiarize himself/herself with the laws of that state, county and city, as well as federal laws. To do otherwise is inviting a problem, no matter how innocent the error.

LCSMITH
Sidelock
Sidelock

The receiving FFL knows what he can and cannot do. Why not just ask, and quit playing into the hands of the nutball politicians in CA and elsewhere? You are letting them take away your freedom. It's creeping incrementalism.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Replacement - that's my point, but the ad I'm following doesn't say "California sales to FFL dealers only". So again, if you're shipping to a class 01 or 03 dealer, what's the problem?...........Unless you're shipping to a dealer that's as uninformed about the laws as many seem to be.

LCSMITH
Sidelock
Sidelock

The receiving CA FFL's don't seem to have much trouble deciphering the regs on their end. Many choose not to do transfers because it's gotten to be just too much trouble to comply. The problem with understanding the regs seems to be generally on the shipper's end. That was my point: just ask the receiving FFL.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I suspect that a lot of the reluctance to sell to California residents amounts to a passive demonstration of disgust at the State's voters for allowing their lawmakers to enact such silly legislation in the first place. Refusing to sell to Californians may just get them mad enough to do something about their representation out there...Geo

Originally Posted By: B Frech
Replacement - So again, if you're shipping to a class 01 or 03 dealer, what's the problem

First off an 03 is not a dealer. An 03 is a collector and if the item qualifies as a C&R except for a handgun can be shipped to the holder.

CA all handguns C&R or not must go through an 01/07 license.

The new CA regs is no more than a FFL EZ check and no big deal.

My corp. holds a 07 manufacture license and at first we were thinking not shipping to CA anymore, but after talking with several of our big customers decided not to abandon them.

Signing on to the new CA system was a breeze and getting the CA proceed # and letter takes seconds. In fact their system is better than the BATFE FFL EZ check.

Sidelock
Sidelock

George, many of us in this state do not agree with the politicians elected here. This state used to be somewhat conservative at the least moderate but due to emigrants and im igrants this state has turned dramatically left.

Sidelock
Sidelock

George - unfortunately, the demonstration of disgust strikes at the very residents who are also fed up with the gun laws here - sort of like preaching to the choir. And the no shipping to California certainly won't do anything to help bolster the number of pro gun folks here. In fact, if I were an enthusiastic first time purchaser, my enthusiam might be dampened a little by the "no sales to California" attitude. We need more gun owners in California, not less, if we want to have an effect on the lawmakers. A minority cannot force change, no matter how badly they want it. Now if automakers refused to ship to California.....................................

LCSMITH
griz Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

UPDATE...Turns out I should have waited a bit before my post on this subject...turns out the buyer is a class 01 CA dealer and is more than happy to accept a gun from an unlicensed individual without the verification approval number.

I will be shipping him the gun pending receipt of funds.

My apologies for the confusion as a first time cautious seller.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.