May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (fallschirmjaeger, trw999, buckstix), 411 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,495
Posts545,347
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Sidelock
Sidelock

You have to wonder how much money this will cost Game fair over such a piddly amount of refund. Guess the old addage of the client is always right doesn't apply here. Talk about burning bridges .......... PHEW.

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
Jason H #109458 08/27/08 03:08 PM
Jason H Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks Drew,

Here are all the pictures I was sent.

These pictures are original as sent to me. They are not high enough resolution to be able to zoom in and see much detail. I was aware of the "yellow" stuff on the reciever, that was never an issue with me.

Now John...it's getting personal. The rib is loose (unless you did a quick fix on it when you got it back, and it was off face as it rattled). Pictures don't lie, nor do I. Now, I can say that you are not telling the truth and I am about to get sick over this. It boils down to he said, he said. I know the truth, gave pictures of the issues and it is clear to me. I am shocked and very disappointed in you.

You make no mention in your replies to me about the cracks...I am correct on all counts...given just one of the issues I pointed out, I am owed what I am asking (which I don't believe I will get).

To save your hide...I am sure your have already done a quick fix on the rib, etc...but the cracks don't lie...do they.

Jason H #109460 08/27/08 03:18 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

The cracks look pretty old to me. I don't think they are shipping cracks.

That said, Jason, while I agree you are 'right' to ask to be held harmless in the deal, in the real world I think you should be content to get $2400 back. The cost to return the gun, and definitely the cost of your FFL*, you should absorb and chalk it up to lessons learned. Even if you don't get the $30 for the shipping to you, forget about it. Rest assured you've done more than $100 worth of damage to Game Fair's reputation, even if that's not what you set out to do.

*It's not the seller's fault you don't have an FFL - that is your "cost of doing business".

Jason H #109462 08/27/08 03:31 PM
Jason H Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I knew after hearing from John I would not get any of the extra money back as he told me so. I don't expect it. As of yet, I have not recieve my full refund yet, but John says he sent it so it must be on the way.

It bothers me though that for me telling the facts of this deal...now a "shadow" has been cast upon my name from John. For John to say there are no issues with those items now...lends me to believe he has worked on it. I would like to see a high resolution picture of the EXACT same spot on the ribs that I took from John right away. He has a camera right there and can do this. I will provide a HIGH resolution picture so one can zoom in on the area and we can see if there is any alterations. If there is no issue there now...I bet we can see evidence of some work, eh?

I do not want this post to remain on top of the topics column on this board. I had no idea it would grow to what it is. With that said...John will get what is owed to him, just as each and everyone of us will someday. I have a clear conscious and I know everything I have said and posted here is truthful in every way. Enough said by me.

Jason H #109463 08/27/08 03:38 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I assure you Mr. Jason that the shadow falls not on your name --- but it indeed falls elsewhere --- nuff said.

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
GregSY #109478 08/27/08 04:29 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GregSY
Even if you don't get the $30 for the shipping to you, forget about it. Rest assured you've done more than $100 worth of damage to Game Fair's reputation, even if that's not what you set out to do.

*It's not the seller's fault you don't have an FFL - that is your "cost of doing business".

Have to agree with Gregsy on this point...Geo

Ken Hurst #109479 08/27/08 04:32 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Those cracks look old but for the sake of discussion what would it take to cause these cracks if it happened during shipping? Has anyone experienced similar damage? Jason, was the box damaged ?

kilibru #109485 08/27/08 04:46 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Kilibru ---- The cracks found at the rear of lockplates are caused by "set back" at the head. The wood can become oil soaked & not support the recoil / the stock wasn't inletted properly/and or glassed , allowing the action to slam back against the stock. When the recoil isn't taken up at the head of the stock, it is transfered to the lockplates which transfer the recoil to the immediate area at the rear of the plates. This action drives the plate into the stock and causes spliting inasmuch as the plate acts as a wedge. Te bottom tang probably wouldn't be chipped if there wasn't failure at the lockplates. There is "Only" one way this damage can happen and thats from firing the gun, Not shipping for darned sure. I know there are some excelent stockmakers on this board --- perhaps they have an opinion too.

This doesn't answer the question as to how the rib became loose ......

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
kilibru #109487 08/27/08 05:10 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

The cracks are old cracks. Im my opinion that couldn't happen in shipping, no way, not the way Jason said it was packaged. The crack line if new would have a whitish cast to it, not dark.

With the recoil pad on it if would have to be dropped barrel end down first on a hard surface from a considerable height for any cracks to show up, and then you would see it on the end of the barrels first.

In the original pictures I don't see it off-face. The reason is in my opinion gun was fired and all pressure is then put back on receivers head. Recock gun and you will then see it off-face and it will rattle. I'm sure Mr. Allen/associates knows that trick for selling purposes.

Again Jason I find it in your favor, not that there were any doubts in my mind the first time.

Mr. Allen already has people wondering what kind of dealer he is, and I'm sure that because of the views and lookers here that people are now putting him on their not to go to list.
I will go with what I said the previous time, he or an assoicate never looked at gun thoroughly.

With those options on gun, straight stock, ejectors, Hunter One-Trigger, good quality wood, I've seen Field Grades going for that. Him being a dealer long enough in the gun business knows what a Specialty Grade would go for, and that price is on the "I have a few problems" list, "lets sell it cheap".
Jason asked all the "right" questions about an L.C. Smith and was told otherwise.
Again Mr. Allen you are guilty and I don't want to talk to you on the phone as I can see it would be the same thing as being discussed here.

David

Ken Hurst #109488 08/27/08 05:12 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I would have to side with Jason on this one. Why else would he make such a fuss over a 100 bucks!
But 100 bucks is 100 bucks!

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.