June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
5 members (Wild Skies, KDGJ, Jeremy Pearce, Jimmy W, 1 invisible), 228 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,575
Posts546,518
Members14,424
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Seeing the post for the 100 in the for sale section(no relation to the gun or seller) reminded me of what solid guns these are...My father had a 12ga 200e 26" that was my introduction to double shotguns, although being taller than he was, I never hit consistently with it. I've been wondering if they are, or would be, a good platform for a custom sxs? Has anyone seen or heard of one? If anyone has one, lets see it!

Sidelock
Sidelock

The SKBs are good guns.

I know one member here custom stocked a 20ga SKB SxS with a nice stick a year or so ago.

With that reliable SKB single trigger, a 30" 12 ga ejector would be a good candidate for a target gun restock. But I'd have a hard time sending an SKB to an engraver. Not enough love.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

a local gentleman and excellent stockmaker customized a 20 bore, a bit of metal sculpting, a tad of engraving, a nice stick of walnut and a straight grip. He made himself a lovely gun and says he killed lots of birds with it. I believe him too. They can be made pretty nice .
Steve

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
cgs Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I used my late grandfather's 20 gauge Ithaca/SKB 100 for pretty much the whole upland season last year. I couldn't bear to change it in any way but I can't help but think it would be fantastic with a wood upgrade and a custom touch or two.

Dan

Sidelock
Sidelock

Very few. The 'Sterlingworth' seems to be favorite for enhancements. I had three Jap SxS guns: BC Miroku 500, BSS, and Classic Doubles 201. They were well put together guns, BUT I nixed them all, because they didn't make me feel warm und fuzzy!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Yeti
The SKBs are good guns.

I know one member here custom stocked a 20ga SKB SxS with a nice stick a year or so ago.

With that reliable SKB single trigger, a 30" 12 ga ejector would be a good candidate for a target gun restock. But I'd have a hard time sending an SKB to an engraver. Not enough love.

I was trying to trade into that Ithaca for restocking & engraving a piece for myself. Oh well ..... someday one will come along. Ken

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
Sidelock
Sidelock

I restocked a model 150 with a nice stick of English and took the blueing off of the frame and had it color case hardend. I also had the "S" for the safety done in gold. I finished it off with a leather covered pad.

A good friend told me I was putting spats on a pig by doing this but after it was done he wanted to buy it.

Regards, Gordon

Our Dogs make our lives better

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.