May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (LeFusil, graybeardtmm3, Ted Schefelbein, 3 invisible), 247 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,531
Posts545,905
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Don't you remember in (the original) "Ocean's Eleven" when they put all the stolen money in the guy's casket and they cremated him? At the end of the movie when they were all walking down the sidewalk leaving the funeral home, Sammy Davis, Jr. was singing that song...........D O eleven......D O ele-e-e-e-even. Of course Danny Ocean (DO) was played by Frank Sinatra. KY Jon's story reminded me of that movie.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I would have sworn someone would have picked up on that.............. Denny Crane

Sidelock
Sidelock

I guess not, Denny.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
Where do you guys FIND dead cats? All mine, all my life, just disappear when it comes their time to die. I see them flat on the road sometimes, but that is different, and I've never seen one of MINE on the road. Mine just go off somewhere when the time comes and we never see them again...Geo

George,

You are the lucky one.

Our last cat, who was much beloved by my wife, and who I was fond of, got sick one day with some kind of urinary tract problem. His water works locked up. This had happened once or twice before, so we knew the symptoms. He had recovered well from prior bouts, just bringing home vet bills in the realm of $600 each.

Well as I say, he starts showing the symptoms again. Wife takes him to the vet who treated him before. Next day, bad news. The cat has croaked. Wife goes to pick up the remains. With the remains there is a vet bill of about $1,300 attached. Friggin' $1,300.00 for a dead cat!

See what I mean about you being lucky?

Curl

Sidelock
Sidelock

For some reason the preceding post went on twice, so I deleted the text of the second one. Thought I would give this explanation rather than just show "Post deleted by CptCurl".

Then you would think I said something nasty.

Curl

Last edited by CptCurl; 07/25/08 10:16 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I once paid $63.00 for a dead cat. Well I split the cost with two classmates and drove to Rochester N.Y. to Wards Scientific Supply to buy it. We had decided we needed it to have extra study time for a Comparitive Vertebrate Anatomy class at Penn State. We kept it for several weeks in an ice chest in my apartment and got free ice from a nearby motel at least once a day to keep it cold. We spread plastic out on the kitchen table and had Cat Parties two or three times a week and drank beer and sliced up our cat. More beer helped with the smell of the formeldahyde and cat. I didn't really like cats before this. I really really truly don't like them now, though I tolerate the neighbors cat that patrols my field for mice.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Around here we prefer to create dead cats, not play with them. Two friends of mine came up with a game called scat. It involves trapped barn cats, a 50 cal. tripod mounted machine gun, a release box and a 40 yard safe ring. I will let your imagination fill in the blanks. Hearing and eye protection as well as a firing line captain are de rigeur. For us, not the cats. Peter

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bring gear, got cats! Petah! You waaaaaaaaaaay ovuh mon!

KY Jon Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Got a call from the other dead cats owner's attorney this morning. She wanted to know what my part in the "theft" of and destruction of the other dead cat. Instead of explaining that this was a tragic mistake I gave her my attorney's name. Then I called him and let him know she would be calling.

He just about died laughing when I told him the story. He assured me he would take care of it. We go way back, to a point of time he was respectable, before he passed the bar. When she called he must have been in rare form. She called me back ten minutes after her call to him and explained they had decided to let the entire matter drop. He called me later and said it was all settled. He explained to the other lawyer that the only thing they would get out of us was a counter suit and the entire matter would take hundred of hours to settle and he was working for free because he thought this was the dumbest suit that he ever heard of and he was a dog person. So death to all cats and lawyers who represent them.

All well that ends well.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: KY Jon
Got a call from the other dead cats owner's attorney this morning. She wanted to know what my part in the "theft" of and destruction of the other dead cat. Instead of explaining that this was a tragic mistake I gave her my attorney's name. Then I called him and let him know she would be calling.

He just about died laughing when I told him the story. He assured me he would take care of it. We go way back, to a point of time he was respectable, before he passed the bar. When she called he must have been in rare form. She called me back ten minutes after her call to him and explained they had decided to let the entire matter drop. He called me later and said it was all settled. He explained to the other lawyer that the only thing they would get out of us was a counter suit and the entire matter would take hundred of hours to settle and he was working for free because he thought this was the dumbest suit that he ever heard of and he was a dog person. So death to all cats and lawyers who represent them.

All well that ends well.

That is wild! Are you sure your buddies aren't punking you?

Best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.