April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (graybeardtmm3, Ken Nelson, Marks_21, Southern Sport, Momslefever, 1 invisible), 1,042 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,481
Posts545,237
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Montana Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

It's one of my options in December...

Sidelock
Sidelock

I did it three years ago and didn't have too much trouble. Nobody seemed to really know what the rules were, they finally stuck me in a room by myself with a policeman / security guard that barely spoke English. But he looked over my guns, permit, and ammunition then gave me the OK to be on my way.

I'd fly into Gatwick if that's a choice, the airport is much smaller and easier to navigate.

I flew into Heathrow on a domestic from Glasgow then had to switch to the International Terminal. I couldn't find a shuttle so finally just hiked over there with my huge guncase and duffles in tow on a cart. I'd say the walk was over a mile, maybe two, and it was no fun at all toting that gear.

Destry

Out there at the crossroads molding the devil's bullets. - Tom Waits
Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree totally with Destry. Heathrow is a cluster f?@#. Anywhere is else would be a better choice if possible. And that's regardless of gun/no gun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A friend of mine went through last year on the way to Africa for a hunt.
They spent the night in London and had to pay a firm 1000.00 to lock up his guns etc at Heathrow overnight before the next days flight. These people are frightning. They let Muslims enter the country at will and treat Sportsmen like terrorists.One Customs person even asked my friend , "are you here to shoot one of our Policemen?"

Sidelock
Sidelock

Post deleted by Run With The Fox

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had absolutely no problems at Gatwick whatsover other than the security office kept telling me that "special handlers" would be bringing my guncase up from baggage for customs inspection. I stood around for half an hour waiting then finally wandered over only to find it going round and round on the belt.

I carried it back to the security office and they were much surprised. The man walked me over to customs and actually lied to the customs official telling him that the "special handlers" had brought it up. He winked at me as he turned around away from the desk and I never said a word of course.

Destry

Out there at the crossroads molding the devil's bullets. - Tom Waits
Sidelock
Sidelock

Taking a gun through Gatwick was/is a breeze. Taking it through Kennedy was/is something else entirely. They had to get a cop out of NYC to certify that the gun was unloaded and in three parts. Took about 1 1/2 hours & just about missed my connecting flight.

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not much worse than flying to heathrow with no guns...
We waited 1h30m to have a luggage belt assigned to our flight.
Gatwick is always better, gun or no gun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Montana, have you heard about Heathrow's T5?
Scary stuff.

JC

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."ť Charles Darwin
LGF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have done it regularly and had no problems at Heathrow. The last time, however, getting on the United flight in SF to LHR was a nightmare - the United people had no idea how to deal with it, were very hostile and delayed the full 747 for over an hour while they slowly realized that I knew the rules and they didn't. No idea why they could not check their own website and learn the procedure in a few seconds - took them four hours.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.