May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (ClapperZapper, DSchrank, R Reynolds, Stanton Hillis, 1 invisible), 866 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,495
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I am thinking about extending a trip August a couple of days
to go to Brescia. Any recomendations?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have been several times. A great trip indeed. I have stayed at the hotel Continental which is near the center of Brescia and also at the Ambassidori. Both about 20 Kil from the gun making valley. Top end is the Hotel Victoria. I really like the last two times I stayed at Hotel Milana in Gardone. It's very small, I think it was a coverted house. Beretta also has a hotel. I have not stayed there but have ate there. I also learned to eat horse meat in Italy. I liked it and ordered a second time. Food is great in Brescia & Valtrompia. I have always rented a car and I know my way around well, but not for the faint of heart. It's best if you are planning to drive is to have a couple of drinks first. Driving is aggressive and fast! Best, John Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

My recommendation would be to get a car and drive north out of Brescia and go up into Gardone and Marcheno, where much of the gunmaking goes on. There will be no need to ask, you'll know it when you get there by the names of the well-known gunmakers you'll see on the signs on both sides of the road. The Beretta factory is fairly monolithic, and straddles that main road through the Val Trompia. If there are some specific gunmakers you want to see, you should check their websites and see if they give directions, since some of them are located on side streets.

My other advice is not to get tunnel vision just looking for gunmakers, it's a beautiful alpine area, more reminiscent of Austria than what you expect in Italy. And, it goes without saying that the food is fantastic. So, I definitely encourage you to make a full day of it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Beautiful area! I agree on renting a car, but stay right!

IMO the "slow" food is the best in Europe.

Maybe consider a sidetrip to Lago di Garda (Lake Garda), ~30 east of Brescia. You can get a real sense of the history of the region by visiting the Roman ruins at Sirmione, and it will be pleasantly cool from the lake effect.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It has been about 15 years since I was there last, but here is where I'd start looking. Drive west across the mountain and visit Lago de Iseo. There was a very plesent hotel up on the mountain between VT and Iseo Town. Pre-arrange visits to the makers you are most interested in. August is a big vacation month in Europe, so check to see who is open. Schedule some shooting at Concaverde (Concaverde Località Basia 25017 Lonato (Brescia) Phone: 0039-30-9990200) - call ahead and they will likely loan you a gun.

http://www.europealacarte.co.uk/italy/iseo

Drive safe, eat well (a pizza with a raw egg in the middle is not a Sicilian message), ogle guns, come home overwhelmed.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.