May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (playing hooky, MattH, gerryk_5, 2 invisible), 285 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,591
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Researcher #85067 02/26/08 09:11 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

R.R. .........was it a 16ga., did you get it? If you could.....post some pics of her. I couldn't remember if it had damascus or twist barrels. There where a coulple other project gun that i was looking at. The Syracuse and two Parkers. One Parker was a lifter 12ga. on a one frame. The other was a G grade 12ga. on a one and half frame. But i just have too much going on and didn't want to spend the time or money on them. The Parkers could have been had for under 500.00. I do wish i'd went back Sunday and looked the lifter over again!

battle #85069 02/26/08 09:16 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

$300 for a 16? Really? Man, if he had it for sale at that price I wouldn't have hesitated.

Imagination is everything. - Einstein
marklart #85598 02/29/08 07:01 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Battle,... Yes, the Louisville gun was a 16. Nope, did not buy it. It was a very solid gun minus the wrist repair. What is the saying??... a smallbore in the hand is worth five 12's in the bush?? Sad part is... that Sunday is THE day for dealing... and the traffic was light, as usual, and the people who showed up were left with many empty tables. It doesn't help the situation.
Sorry Marklart, too late.

R.R. #85606 02/29/08 08:12 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

RR

Some times it works better to go and deal the first day of the show. If the dealers have sold several guns the first day they are not too likely to be willing to deal much the second day. Plus you get the best selection the first day as a rule. I like to get to the show Saturday and have cash in hand. I seem to buy as many guns from other people walking the isles as from the dealers. If the show is real slow the dealers, who are left the second day, might be willing to deal but I do not take that chance. Most of them have another show the next weekend and doubles are not that easy for them to come up with. Buy the good ones when you find them and can afford them. Know what you are willing to pay and stick to your price.

KY Jon #85653 03/01/08 02:56 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

KY
I suppose that I usually sell the same amount both days. But when I got a chance to walk around, the dealers were eager. Most were very disappointed. Actually, the most action probably happens Friday night.

R.R. #85667 03/01/08 09:24 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

The fact that show sales are spotty right now does not surprise me. Talk about economic slow down, increasing oil prices and the up coming election have many down in the dumps. People spend very little money when they are scared. A few see these times as great times to buy bargains.

I agree that Friday is the best time but most here can not be there then. Good guns are where you find them. A few walk in the door but not many walk back out unless they are over priced. Like many things it is the hunt that I enjoy as much as the finding. It just takes time, money, knowing what to buy and what to pass on and a little luck.

I have bought guns in the parking lot from people as they took them out of their trunks. One fellow had a Remington 3200 Competition Grade Trap gun, in almost unfired condition except for major problems with the wood. The stock had been cracked and repaired poorly, both the butt and fore end. He wanted $750.00 for the gun. Bought it on the spot. Years ago I bought many extra Remington 3200 stocks and had a brand new set of factory wood on the gun that same night.

The stocks came from a retired Remington employee who had them in his basement and wanted to get rid of them. He health was failing ans did not want his wife to just give them away. Bought over 20 sets for $100.00 per set. All were comp. grade or better with seven or eight which were 1 of 1,000 grade. I suspect when Remington cleared out of 3200 wood he went in and picked over the entire inventory. Not one stock in there that was not perfect in figure and grain flow on both sides. Wish I could find another load of factory stocks like that again.

KY Jon #85674 03/01/08 10:49 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ky Jon, it's relatively easy to find good deals if you have the coin. My problem is, I can't keep going to gun shows to shop, without a wad of cash in my pocket. It's just too easy to make bad decisions.

Imagination is everything. - Einstein
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.