May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
8 members (Marks_21, 12boreman, MattH, battle, eightbore, 1 invisible), 499 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,505
Posts545,548
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Dawson Hobbs
My thought is to have an all around gun that I can shoot clays with and hunt with. I shoot clays with my 6 1/4 lb 16 gauge quite a bit.

"For my own use, if I could own but one gun, that one would be a 16 bore, 6-3/4 pounds weight, 30 inch barrels, one barrel modified and the other full choke, and I'd be liable to say, 'Get thee behind me Satan for you cannot tempt me any further."

That was from Askins' "Modern Shotguns and Loads"

Mr Askins writes extensively on hunting ducks, doves, and quail.

Best,

Mike

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 02/07/08 11:55 AM.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

DH, I don't believe that you can go wrong with either the CSM 21 or Fox. I have a 16Ga CSM21 with 28in barrels, 7 3/4 lbs, and Briley thin wall chokes that I use for clays. Since new - three years ago, I've put over 14,000 rounds through this gun.

A friend that shoots with our group has 16Ga CSM Foxes in grades DE and FE. The DE photo of his gun is used on the current CSM order form. This same person also has owned and shot the CSM21 - frankly, he will outshoot me with either of his Foxes. The bottom line is use the gun that you like and have confidence in.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Dawson Hobbs
If I got the 21 I would get it with the original style frame which is an extra cost item from CSMC.

My thought is to have an all around gun that I can shoot clays with and hunt with. I shoot clays with my 6 1/4 lb 16 gauge quite a bit.

If I got the Fox it would either be a 12 or a 20. What is interesting about the 21 is I could get a 20 with a set of 16 gauge bbls. I would consider a slim beavertail on the 20 gauge bbls and use that for clays and high volume dove and use the 16 with a splinter for pheasant etc.

It is just a thought. I'm still not sure I'm going to go the new gun route vs. an old english gun. Either way it is looking to be just shy of 20K.

I know these three options are very different but I like all three types of guns for different reasons.

DH

Get a proper fitting. Then, buy an in proof Rocketman tier 1 or 2 British 12 bore SLE and have it altered to your dimensions and requirements. This should cost you 20k or less.

Unless all you are going to shoot is lots of clays then I'd get the 21.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.