May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (LeFusil, JBG, Researcher, 1 invisible), 486 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,439
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Scuze Erik, I thought the 3 Chicks bought Sabatti too. My bad.
-------------
BTW, here's the Cabela's Fausti 28" 20 g for $1300 US

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've deleted the offending post(s) and offer my apologies to my friend in Texas AND my good friend Yeti!!!!!!!!
I guess we just had about enough of the fighting on this great board.
All the best

Last edited by treblig1958; 01/11/08 10:09 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Treb, Ruger Red Label talk always brings out the pitchforks and torches. Apologies back atcha!

Sidelock
Sidelock

you live in GA abt 20 yrs ago? breeding shows.

If fnb25 an Mr. Chambers can lay off the Georgia comments we may all be able to live in harmony.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeti,

That Cabelas gun looks like a better deal. Has anyone ever handled one?

I can't keep all those Italian underlug guns straight. Is Fausti one of the Rizzini's ? Does Sabatti have a connection with any Rizzini? Which of them makes the receivers for Ceasar Guerini? Or is that Fabarms?

Is there a chart that keeps this all straight somewhere?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'd like a big chart too.
The Fausti is the same as the Izzy Rizzini (F.A.I.R.) which they did buy.

I THINK Sabatti makes the O/U frames and possibly the barrels for all of them; Rizzini B, CG, Fausti, and others. How else can they be so identical? And it fits into the old manufacturing model that is so successful for the gunmakers in Italy.

I did take a very very close look at the in-the-white Sabatti O/U set Galazan's is selling. It's indistinguishable from the sideplated CGs and Rizz B's. I wish I'd brought a dial caliper, next time up there I'll try to remember.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've always liked guns from Italy - but - Marlins new LCS - bought two of them, one for the wife and one for me. IMHO it was a big mistake. The 20ga for my wife- she couldn't open or close it without a great effort and the trigger pull was more than 10 pounds. The ejector springs looked like they belonged on a pick-up so I removed them. Also spent an afternoon getting the trigger pull to about 4 1/2 pounds. I must say that mine was alright , but I wouldn't buy another one. Also, her single trigger didn't work right, that took another hour to correct. I don't blame anyone but myself - you get what you pay for, and $1400 isn't enough for a good new SxS. Paul

cowtown Offline OP
OP Offline

I guess what I have really enjoyed about being on this forum is the variety of opinions offered and the fact that most of us are rather passionate as to the double guns we own, have shot, or wish to shoot.

Nothing will ever compare to a Purdey, H&H, AyA, Parker, LC Smith, Fox, etc. The fact is that some of todays doubles may be made better, but they lack the nostalgia and historical significance of these older beloved doubles.

Tradition plays a large part in this, too. There is no other feeling than taking out an old double into the field and bringing back your quarry. It is a wonderful feeling.

I do hope that someone does have the opportunity to shoot one of these new Remington shotguns and can take the time to offer up an editorial as to how they perceive its perfomance and appearance.

Again, thanks to one and all.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a Sabatti made OU and SxS 12ga charles daly shotgun as my modern field grade set. They have been great. Some day I will refinish the plain wood but they don't need it right now. They fit me very well and I have $1100 into both.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.