April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (rwarren, susjwp, PALUNC, mel5141, Karl Graebner, 1 invisible), 372 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,444
Posts544,810
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

I realize this is a bitch session about GA and can add nothing except agreement. The perception that GB is mostly dealers with stock at full retail only favors those whose experience indicates otherwise. GI has at least an intelligible format. AA? Why bother as the policies of the estimable [sic] Mr. de la Cruz are clearly biased in favor of his collection of trapdoor spiders.

jack

Last edited by rabbit; 01/05/08 11:49 AM.

Within the past month, I listed a gun on gunsamerica and sold it within a few days.

After waiting for the buyer to express his satisfaction with the deal, I got on the web site to pay the fee.

I am damned if I can see how to do it.

I got to the listing and marked it "sold on gunsamerica" but that is as far as it went. No email from them like they used to send out, so I frogged around on the web site trying to figure out how to pay the fee, but no dice. Oh well.....

RedHawk
Sidelock
Sidelock

redhawk44 they will email you but the last one that I got took 6 weeks.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Rabbit I've found deals on GB but try searching under "Blaser". 95% of the stuff is from one dealer, and almost nothing is being bid on. It's all at full retail. I have to wade through pages after pages of stuff that's not going to sell for a long time if ever. It seems that most SERIOUS sellers are on Gunsamerica - like it or not. Most of the guns that I've listed for sale (quite a few) have sold through Gunsamerica, not any of the other well viewed sites I've put them on.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quite right about the dealers with large inventories--Wholesale Hunter, the various CZ discounters, etc. It is quite a number of pages to wade thru but I find it easy to skip over the block listings. Most of the guns I have bought internet and all the ones I've sold except a couple thru the for sale listing here were on GB. Sometimes there are deals to be had from the non-serious seller--clean SBT at a chopped and channeled price from a handgun dealer, early 3-screw Blackhawk which had been shot AND taken care of by an individual who knew exactly what he had but neither bothered to list as such (altho pictures were adequately revealing), didn't bother with a reserve and didn't gouge on his starting price. Thad Scott, whom we all know and who would have to be taken as a serious dealer. has been known to dump a few utility bill "healers" at GB although he lists on GA as well as his site. Brian Perone, who is perhaps serious and scrupulous above and beyond the size of his inventory, has been known to list at GB. We all have our favorite and are allowed to differ on the convenience of the site and the satisfactory deals had therefrom. I like the auction format as time spent with your "broker" is revealing of what the market will allow and command rather than demand.

jack

Brian Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

rabbit,
Thanks for the compliment. I do both GA for some items and there are a few that I have dual listed as GA doesnt generate much interest, not nearly what i thoguht they would so I put them on GB.
Once in a while i find something on AA but their pickings are pretty slim.

I just cant fathom GA for what they have done to themselves

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Boxlock
Boxlock

It seems that these sites are all pretty stubborn, no matter what they are going to do what they are going to do.

I like to think that I'm pretty adaptable so I find a new way to stick with what I like.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I haven't visited GunsAmerica since there first change. I sold 3-4 guns there and bought 2-3.

In this day and age you make your website more user friendly, not less.......

Mike
Boxlock
Boxlock

I agree, and my first impression of the new site is... It looks more legitimate than the last... check it out and let us all know what you think.

Boxlock
Boxlock

rabbit, I just realized that you said you like the auction format better... I'd have to disagree with you, and not merely to cause conflict.

I've been burned on a few auctions as both a bidder and seller. I've seen people who can't legally bid on an item jack up my price, and I've also seen the same people win a bid and then realize they can't buy the item so I'd have to pay to relist.

Anyways, just a little more from me.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.