April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Ted Schefelbein, Stanton Hillis, battle, Ken Nelson, Jtplumb, btbell), 876 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,829
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

I used to both buy and sell on GA, but now that Guns International is running well, it's my first choice...usually my only choice too. Anyone with a background in marketing and sales knows that it takes a lot more effort to get a new customer than it does to reduce "churn" and retain a loyal one with just decent customer service and the "new" Guns America model proves the point.

"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it" - Capt. Woodrow Call
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've been wondering when a thread about the Guns America changes would be started.

I have had problems with GA for the last few weeks and so have several of my buddies. I tried to solve these on my own and no matter what I did I could not contact a seller about a gun I was interested in. So I e-mailed Guns America's customer service. I could have worded things nicer but I used no vulgar language in my e-mail. It was worded similar to the original post on this thread and I was very frustrated at the time.

Guns America responce to me was:
They might be willing to help me as soon as I dealt with them without vulgarities and showed them a modicum of respect.

What I said in my e-mail was that I think their new format "sucks" and I wished they would go back to their original format that was user friendly like Guns International is now. Because at this time GI "blows" your doors off. I take it this is what they found vulgar.

Just how do you respect an outfit that contantly changes their web site for the worse? How do you buy or sell a gun if the seller can't be contacted? I hope there are dealers/sellers watching this thread. I want them to know that for what ever it's worth. I personally am Done With Guns America! You can list your guns there but I won't see them.

Guns International is another story,it's format is very user friendly and easy to use. Like SKB I've dealt with and have met David and Deb Powell. I find them to be very nice people that will listen to what you have to say. These are the type people I choose do business with.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I only look there about one time a week now. Not the same anymore.

Sidelock
Sidelock

GA still probably gets more traffic since it's been around so much longer. The fact that GI has done as well as it has should say something - GA's latest web site iteration is so annoying I probably won't ever sell there again.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bummer about the fall of GA. GA was truly the benchmark for years. It really is a loss to our community. But the rise of GI is balancing that loss. Great news!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Heres a tip, Sharpsrifle (and others) that may help you out with pictures that you want to enlarge to see better. I do this a lot myself. Maybe you already know about it, though. When I see a picture that I want to enlarge, I click on it with the right button of my mouse and then I e-mail it to myself. When it comes in the e-mail, I can enlarge it with the little magnifying glass hoochey down at the bottom of the page. You can even magnify any specific area of a picture you want. It might not work too well with really small pics but most of the time it helps me enlarge something I want to see. Like I said, maybe you already knew to do this but if you didn't, I hope it helps. Good luck.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, first off, most civilized people would still consider 'suck' and 'blows' to be vulgar, even if they are words commonly used in most 3rd grade classrooms nowadays.

But what does it really matter? GA has obviously gone downhill and if they choose to go out of business over it, let 'em. Time will heal that wound.

Last edited by GregSY; 01/02/08 03:13 PM.
Boxlock
Boxlock

I've had a similar experience with GA within the past month...I complained in an e/mail, but not with any heat or vulgarity...their response seemed overly hostile right off of what was appropriate....Art

Boxlock
Boxlock

Hey everyone... just found the thread when I was looking up stuff online. Figured I'd join and add my 2 cents for what it's worth.

I've had a lot of good experience with GA over the years, and think that the newest version isn't that bad (as opposed to the January version which almost made me change). But as far as any other site goes, there just isn't enough options on them.

GA just has more than other sites. I know this will spark some contraversy in the thread (seeing everyone elses view already).

Sidelock
Sidelock

I remember GA's old format - they put on each page a bit about how the way they were doing things was right and that they weren't going to change - comparing those who complained to gun control activists.

GA does have MUCH more than GI, like it or not. Auction Arms has very little, and Gun Broker seems to mostly have dealer's stock at full retail. I've mentioned about how their fees work and the issue it causes to the Gun Broker people at the NRA convention (twice) but I doubt they'll change on my behalf.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.