March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
10 members (craigd, Hammergun, Jtplumb, CJF, ChiefAmungum, 2 invisible), 336 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,981
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#72226 12/17/07 09:36 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Finished my hunting this year with a nice doe during shotgun season...and a 6 point buck last evening with the .54 caliber muzzle loader I built from kit.

It was snowing and blowing and cold too! Just about to call it a night when a party of four crossed in front of me (I was on the ladder heading down)...two bolted and two kept coming. At 60 yards they turned slightly...I only had one shot so I picked the biggest one and snapped the cap. He never took a step...dropped like a rock!

I was amazed how effectivce 100 grains of Pyrodex RS a 230 grain round lead ball can be (fired it up with a musket cap.)

Mel with Doe...

There is another picture of the buck attached to the link below...

Mel with buck - A tradition...Mel likes to have her picture taken with all the deer I get!

Dave Weber
doublegunshop.com
DoubleGun Evangelist
In Charge But Not Responsible
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dang!! You'dthink it was winter out there in Joisy. Those old roundball loads are effective indeed. That's certainly plenty of Oomph, and congrats as well on having a Mel. That's quite a reward, in itsownself. ;~`)

Relax; we're all experts here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave,

Congratulations! Very nicely done. From a ladder no less.

Let take this opportunity to say, "Thanks" for this forum. Some times we step over a line, some times we don't remember to treat every one with the respect they deserve. But on the whole, you have created a wonderful place where information can be shared and a few stories told. You have attracked many who are generous with their knowledge. I doubt we comprehend how much work is involved on your part to keep this all going.

Pete

Last edited by PeteM; 12/17/07 10:03 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave,

Late afternoon of the last day of the muzzle loader season?

Great way to finish and with a buck that managed to get thru the early archery season, the gun season and the last day of ML.

Congratulations.

And many thanks for what you do for all of us here on the forum.

And Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays.

Bill Jolliff

Sidelock
Sidelock

Congratulations Dave. Great post.
Now I know what keeps you sane through all the BS!
Km.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Nice shot Dave,
so much better when they drop in their tracks(had to track the one I shot this year for hours).Where did you hit him?
Always good to see others who enjoy deer hunting and add that tasty venison to the freezer and tablefare.

Also add thanks for keeping the best board the best !

Dave K

Last edited by Dave K; 12/18/07 08:08 AM.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Good Hunt! Good Shot! Merry Christmas...Thanks

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave, Another story for the memory bank - Congratulations! I would add that your creation and management of this BBS has been and continues to be a much appreciated element in my enjoyment of guns and hunting. God Bless You and Your Family - Merry Christmas. "Slate"

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jolly Bill
Dave,

Late afternoon of the last day of the muzzle loader season?

Actually today is the last day of Muzzleloader in NY, I'm heading out for the afternoon to see if I can fill a tag myself. Nice going Dave, hope I can do as well, hell I'll be happy with a fat doe.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Got this doe at 30 yd last Tuesday with a .475 inline my dad built in the '50's from an old Larsen military rifle. Ball broke a rib on the way in just behind the shoulder and came out 8 inches in front of the rear leg on the other side and she still ran 150 yd before going down. Note the soft brown eyes........ha ha.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.