May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (DSchrank, 1 invisible), 807 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,497
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#69594 12/03/07 11:56 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

We, here in the cold frozen North, are in the middle of a pretty big storm. I have about seven inches of snow and much more predicted thru tomorrow.
As a result I cannot look out and see if the moon is full or not.
But, a couple of recent posts make me think that it simply has to be more full that most others of this year.
No comment is necessary. Just trying to find a reason for such odd behavior out of the blue.
Best,
John

Humble member of the League of Extraodinary Gentlemen (LEG). Joined 14 March, 2006. Member #1.
Sidelock
Sidelock

John, let's just blame it on the moon phase and try to forget the nuttiness of recent days on the BBS. Several of our valued members seem to have cooled off and come to their collective senses. Let's be glad for that and get on with enjoying each other's company...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think I'll wait and count the chicks AFTER they've hatched!

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

John,
C'mon, really, what do these guys expect from me?...I'm a surly dog and I know it. How am I supposed to react?
Remember, in the early days of the first BBS system, these same members created the BBS research Frankenstien that I've become. From my very first post they vicimized me for asking if anyone knew the whereabouts of the Emil Flues made Haile Selassie gun, (argueably the most important gun in African American history), they told me the gun was housed in a CIA history museum in Langley Va., and automatically they assumed that I was black...how do I know what they assumed? Because they started telephoning my house calling me N*****...I'm ashamed to say that my wife and friends laughed when these calls came in...I hadn't yet realized how ugly it was. I didn't post much after that but when I did, I usually got the same treatment that Lowell loves to serve up. But, no matter...I chose not to correct anyone about my ethnic background, first, because it felt right, and second, because I thought it might be a good way to see who the rat bastages are.

So I continued to post...and as you may remember I was tarred and feathered when I stated the obvious, that my LC Smith had factory original Belgian barrels...it turned into "whatta you mean my Parkers Smiths and Ithacas got furrin' parts?" "those is fightin' words 'round here"

Tarred & feathered again for telling some kid, that if it's European hammerguns your looking for, you can generally spot them from across the room at a gunshow by noting the hammers...generally, C type hammers are American, and S type hammers are usually European, but I didn't know to say NOT ALWAYS...I'm still picking out those feathers...

Then out of skyblue (I had forgotten about the pretense by that time), word apparently got out that I wasn't black, because the phone calls started again only this time it c*****lover and the like. This was before the days of caller ID and one time at 2 am.... and this time they REALLY hated me as I was now a traitor..

and this is just the beginning...the more I got victimized here, the more time I spent researching...my digital files began growing almost exponantially...while these guys were talking about Lowell's wardrobe, I was ransacking the US Patent Office and digitizing the Swinney files...After awhile, it felt like the more they vandalized my posts, the stronger and bolder I would get.

Should Dave Weber decide to banish me, it would probably be most benificial to my research work...unfortunately it cuts off the vital function of sharing the re-organized data with the right and deserving researchers.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I bet all that snow can make a fellow hOwl at the moon...

It was 60 here yesterday.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I could be worse! I spent several years in Buffalo NY while attending SUNY. During winter months we would get lake effect snow on almost daily basis. Few years back they got 80" deposit from a strom. Thank God I was long gone by then.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I usually stay out of this stuff, but Robert that was a really funny post. I am not laughing about you being victimized, but they way you put it made me laugh. I do appreciate the knowledge you bring to the board if not the stiff hackles. Like Larrys posts as well, not so much the other two.
Just wanted to say I like your new improved self depreciating self.
Thanks Again.
Lawrence, another Bayard fan

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't think that Dave should ban anyone. I think that a difference in opinions should be resolved the old fashioned way, 4 Bores at ten paces, loaded with 2oz of buckshot, cylinder choke.

-Shoot Straight, IM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Lawrence Kotchek

Just wanted to say I like your new improved self depreciating self.

That was a good one...

Sidelock
Sidelock

May have meant self-deprecating, JOE. By our age--and as cranky and ornery as Robt. is, I assume he's got to be on the dark side of 50--we're all well on to being used up, amortized, and fully- depreciated.

jack

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.