May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (azgreg, R Reynolds, Rick W, 1 invisible), 967 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,507
Posts545,624
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

I live pretty close to them. I go there when I'm in the mood. I find them to be like almost every other gun dealer - they swagger around with a sidearm on their belt and don't know much about what they are selling unless it's a pistol of some sort. There are probably some people there who have some smarts but they're not the ones you and I will deal with. That said, they're probably no worse than average.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've purchased several guns from them and remain satisfied. I call and speak to the Internet guys. They go get the gun and answer my questions when they have it in their hands. I then make an offer... If they refuse to deal, I just say thanks and hang up... I keep an eye on the gun on their website and if the gun doen't sell in a couple of weeks I call and make the offer again...I've been successful on several occations after a 3rd offer cycle.....Their packaging and shipping are outstanding....

Sidelock
Sidelock

They win the prize for packing a gun, no doubt about that. One of the guns I bought from them was packed so tightly and so secure it took me a good 15 minutes to tear thru all the tape, bubble wrap, stuffing, newspapers, plastic wrap, etc. I have never seen a gun packed so well for shipment, I was so impressed I called them to say thanks for taking the time to package the gun properly. The only time their packing job has been bested is when I received my new Bruchet/Darne in a wooden shipping crate from Uncle Ted, with the lid secured by about 18 decking screws and the insides packed with more newspaper and foam peanuts than you've ever seen in your life. It was packed like the leg lamp from the movie Christmas Story. "Fragile'....hmmm must be Italian". :-)

Last edited by LeFusil; 12/03/07 02:24 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I purchased a Ruger M77 30/06 last week and they sent me a rifle with a SERIOUSLY RUSTED BORE!
I promptly returned it, and even after my FFL cost and return shipping cost, they still had the nerve to CHARGE ME the original shipping! They've returned it to their stock #R4782, stay away if you're looking for one.

I purchased a double spanish 28 gauge a few years ago and had no problems. Must be some new/bad "blood" in the business.

I purchased a double rifle from them a few years back at a very good price. It was mis-identified as to caliber, but going by the proofs I can see where they thought it was a 9x57. Turns out it's a 9.3 of some sort.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Most double rifles in 9.3 I've seen are 9.3x74, a VERY long rimmed round. Sounds neat! I got to closely inspect a .470 Nitro Krieghoff used in the 'Under Wild Skys' shows on ESPN, some of my "outlaws" run the production Co. here in Tulsa. "Was that an elephant I heard?"

It appears Collectors Firearms may have a problem with "attention to detail", they even had the serial # recorded wrong in their books on the rusty rifle mentioned above, fortunately my FFL dealer called them right away to straighten that out.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Doug:
I have a real problem with your description of a Ruger 77 with a rusted bore. Under WHAT circumstances could this have occurred? With modern non corrosive primers and smokless powder how did this happen? I have observed modern rifles with severly fouled bores that required a good cleaning but rusted bores?? Please explain to us how this specifically happened?
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim,

I appreciate your questions, I was very surprised and disappointed at the condition. I don't know exactly what caused this, however the entire bore was very clogged with some sort of "fouling", this perhaps became a catalyst for moisture. All I can say is that a picture is worth a 1000 words and invite anyone to "click" on the picture above and "click again", examine the close up view. It was in such "poor" condition that the bolt would not close on a round chambered.
Definitely no where near the "very good condition" advertised.
http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/admin/show_inventory.php?catID=2&subcatID=15 See item R4782.
Sincerely,
Doug Fore

Sidelock
Sidelock

It looks like surface rust from sitting too long in a humid climate. This should have been inspected by it's owner and been oiled more often.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sounds like a plausible explanation, Houston is a humid and salt air environment.

I think the main issue, as reflected in the theme of this thread and various comments, is to be very cautious about Collectors Firearms descriptions.

As I mentioned, my first experience was fine several years ago, however this one was less than satisfactory.

I've purchased many firearms from a variety of sources on the Internet, this is the first time I've run into a bad gun, coupled with a bad attitude on the sellers end.
Apparently, from others comments, it appears it may depend on who, individually, you deal with there.

I prefer to use the gunbroker.com website, as the sellers and buyers ratings can give a better indication of who you are really dealing with.
With enough feedback, you can get an idea of the individuals business dealings and integrity.
Doug

Last edited by Doug Fore; 01/27/08 03:39 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.