April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Jimmy W, Ken Nelson, Marks_21, Kolar Dickson, graybeardtmm3, 1 invisible), 254 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,463
Posts545,036
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have owned a Repro Parker and currently have an RBL. Quality wise it's the Parker by a wide margin.
bill

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't really know Tony, but did meet him a couple times at shows and he took the time to take Builder and me on a one hour tour of his new plant. I think the guy is absolutely committed to building high quality guns for the American market. In fact, from what I saw, I think he's spending more than he's making by a long shot. He certainly isn't making a ton of money in this biz. His is a labor of love or maybe obsession.

After seeing early RBL's I cancelled my $4000 loaded RBL 9/05 deposit order. It just wasn't a $4k gun, IMO. I have seen many production quality improvements as the guns delivered. Heck, I'd still be waiting for my gun and it'd probably be one of the best RBLs. I'd actually consider buying one of the 28g RBLs except that I'm wrapped up in some vintage gun work pretty deep right now.

But, I'm with the crowd that thinks the Parker Repro is a better quality gun for the money. But it's a used gun that is fast becoming a difficult item to find in the config you might want.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have an early production Repro w/ 28" bbls, straight grip, splinter and double triggers. I have the same configuration on RBL #307, only with (chuckle, chuckle) exhibition wood. They both have rather light "engraving", but that's where it ends. The Parker has better wood, better wood finish, and better wood to metal fit, better bluing, and real checkering. Both are unfired and tucked away in the safe. Only one will get sold when I can make my money (plus a flat of shells) back.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I may have to send them a grand and get a spot at the end of the line. Two barrels, 28 gauge, 30" barrels and 14 3/4" lop is a very compelling combination. Hopefully the production run will take a while so I can refill the secret cigar box.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You can find a 28ga Repro if you take the time to look. Just watch all the usual internet dealers. I recently bought a two barrel set (DT/BTFE/PG) that may have been fired a few times but there isn't a mark on the wood and the case colors look perfect. I'd hardly classify it as "used", "as new" would be more like it.

I have a 20ga Repro in a DT/SPL/SG configuration and decided the opposite configuration in a 28ga would be fun. Turned out I was right and I am throughly enamored with the 28. And I like the way the BTFE fits (beautifully) and not having to wear shooting gloves when the shooting heats up. Don Moody is right - live with it - you might be surprised.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bamboozler,

That Asian product is a copy of an English design - by Mr. Anson and Mr. Deeley.

Curl

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: CptCurl
Bamboozler,

That Asian product is a copy of an English design - by Mr. Anson and Mr. Deeley.

Curl

I know, I was just doing a little "spinning".

Sidelock
Sidelock

I kinda figured you did. I was just stirring a little bit too.

Curl

I just got rid of two repos,26 inch pistol grip and a 28 inch straight stock 28 gauge,replaced them with a Garbi 28ga 216RL and a AyA 4/53 and think I traded up on the deal.
Hampton

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've compared my RBL and Ithaca/SKB 200E. The RBL is certainly a direct descendant but is not a "copy". There are a number of differences, obvious and less so.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.