April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (canvasback, Fudd), 488 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,473
Posts545,160
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#58062 09/25/07 12:40 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Friends:

I bought a Star Variation NID with a destroyed stock several years ago, as a project gun. I assured myself that I could easily get a factory replacement style stock , I think from Boyds. Well, as ya'll may recall, my wife's illness put everything on hold for quite a while , and now I am trying to get back up to speed on my gun projects. Here is the rub - I cannot find anything like a factory NID stock on the 'net. Boyds, which I swear I THOUGHT had them doesnt list NID stocks.

Anyone have any ideas? I would like to go with pretty plain jane wood, for a good using gun, rather than an expensive stick of something fancy.

Thanbks for the help

Regards

GKT

Texas Declaration of Independence 1836 -The Indictment against the dictatorship, Para.16:"It has demanded us to deliver up our arms, which are essential to our defence, the rightful property of freemen, and formidable only to tyrannical governments."
Sidelock
Sidelock

Pete Hiatts gunstocks. he advertises on this board. A couple of really good articles on his site.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Greg google gunstocks inc.

Jim

I learn something every day, and a lot of times it's that what I learned the day before was wrong

Sidelock
Sidelock

Greg, I can give you the names of several who can turn the blank, too.

Peter B (the original Peter B)

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gunstock inc has them for $45.00 for a plain grade, semi enletted, stock. Russ used several of their semi enletted blanks and mentioned them in his post. Said they were fairly closely enletted and very reasonable. If time is not a pressing problem you might find a take off to just use and refinsh.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks gents:

I have purchased Pete Hiatts wood in the past and can vouch for its beauty and its value - as I have a LOVELY stick in my gun closet awaiting my "super-dooper" NID project gun.

Jon and Jim: sigh.... running a business, single dad life of chauffering and riding herd on my girls, and studying and getting ready for grad school ... I havent a great deal of time, so while the semi-inlet route appeals money wise, Id like to finish this project before retirement.

Thanks for the suggestions... Ill holler at Pete.

Regards

GKT

Texas Declaration of Independence 1836 -The Indictment against the dictatorship, Para.16:"It has demanded us to deliver up our arms, which are essential to our defence, the rightful property of freemen, and formidable only to tyrannical governments."
Sidelock
Sidelock

Take a look at this site, a long shot but might have something that would work http://www.gun-parts.com/ithicastocks/

NRA Life Member 1969
OGCA
Sidelock
Sidelock

Greg do you have a pattern stock or one you can alter to have duplicated? Sounded like you did not have one to work with or it was too poor shape to use.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Jon:

The old stock is in fragments. I cannot even begin to guess how it was damaged so badly, unless someone ran over it with a truck. I suspect even Bill Boyd's ability to create a form from glass will work, although am likely to try that route as a last resort.

Regards

GKT

Sidelock
Sidelock

Greg if you need a factory stock to use as a pattern I have several NIDs in 12 gauge. I could pull one of the stocks off of to let you use. One more or less ready to go is no big loss for me right now and it might make your job easier. Just an offer if you want it. Jon

jfxohx5914x@aol.com. drop the x's

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.