May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (Replacement, Fudd, prairie ghost, skeettx, bushveld, 1 invisible), 390 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,523
Posts545,808
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
crojac Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Gents. I had a gunsmith break down my Lefever NE action. In the process the he broke the small retaining screw that keeps the firing pin in place. He tried backing out the several times and then decided to drill over it enlarging the problem. After failed attempts by him to find some one capable of removing the small offender. I ended up retrieving the action and sending it to an EDM specialty shop to blast it out of its misery. I feel that I will need someone with very capable welding and machining skills to fill, drill and tap then cut a new screw. This disassembly project has turned into a life of its own and I would appreciate any advice on who to send it to.

Thanks in advance.

( remember if it aint broke dont tear it apart - tail between my legs )

Croj

cgs Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Crojac:

If you can't find anyone closer to you to handle this I can
probably fix it. I am familiar with that whole setup but I need
to understand better the extent of the damage that has been done.
Feel free to e-mail if you like.

Dan May

dan@classicgunstocks.com

crojac Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Dan thanks for the offer. I sent the action to Jerrys Broken Drill and Tap Removal in CA. He removed the small screw and refit a new one all in one day. The action is on its way home. I will give a report as to its condition when it arrives. Thanks again.

Croj

cgs Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

No problem. Removal of those screws
often causes problems in the Nitro
Special (and other Ithacas) due to
the fact that the factory staked
them in to prevent them from backing
out. Removing and reinstalling them
can be a delicate operation.

Dan

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.