May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (SKB), 895 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,486
Posts545,294
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by canvasback
New goods imported typically must have a country of origin tag or label on them.

In a truly honest world this would be very true. BUT!!! import and export rules are made by Politicians and big business in the EU and Britain so there are more loop holes than a Victorian ladies corset so a label only needs to have the country of origin NOT THE COUNTRY OF MANUFACTURE with me so far? Now the slight of hand trick, an item made or manufactured in lets say China then exported to a holding Free Port country for example only Australia then exported again to lets say Germany then imported to the UK so as far as the goods are concerned the last country of origin as far as Britain is concerned it is Germany. So the now you see me now you don't SO as far as Germany is concerned it came from Australia and as for Britain it came from Germany and the made in China label is disappeared if it had one in the first place though usually not. The end game is that the Country of manufacture can slip quietly into the background. An example on this is on e-bay is Chinese import and export companies have offices in Germany and advertise as UK seller. This is only a simple version of how the whole thing works.

The only lessons in my life I truly did learn from where the ones I paid for!
Kip Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I got a similar slip from British Sporting Arms that was made by Croots in England, it's extremely well made and the materials feel excellent.

HMAK Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Jimmy W -
FROM TEALES UK WEB SITE - Forest canvas and brandy leather gun slip with synthetic wool lining.

I would assume that all their cases have this synthetic wool lining, there is no way they could hit these price points using real wool.

Best to you each Morning
1 member likes this: Jimmy W
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by damascus
Originally Posted by canvasback
New goods imported typically must have a country of origin tag or label on them.

In a truly honest world this would be very true. BUT!!! import and export rules are made by Politicians and big business in the EU and Britain so there are more loop holes than a Victorian ladies corset so a label only needs to have the country of origin NOT THE COUNTRY OF MANUFACTURE with me so far? Now the slight of hand trick, an item made or manufactured in lets say China then exported to a holding Free Port country for example only Australia then exported again to lets say Germany then imported to the UK so as far as the goods are concerned the last country of origin as far as Britain is concerned it is Germany. So the now you see me now you don't SO as far as Germany is concerned it came from Australia and as for Britain it came from Germany and the made in China label is disappeared if it had one in the first place though usually not. The end game is that the Country of manufacture can slip quietly into the background. An example on this is on e-bay is Chinese import and export companies have offices in Germany and advertise as UK seller. This is only a simple version of how the whole thing works.

i think damacus pretty well has the system pegged....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emc1M5F9I-E

best regards,

tom

"it's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards."
lewis carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Sidelock
Sidelock

If you look at the coots of England website( as one mentioned he got a case from) you can see a tremendous difference in price between on made in England and one made in India. I was not surprised at the get go. Looks like a good value though

John

Arrieta

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by HMAK
Jimmy W -
FROM TEALES UK WEB SITE - Forest canvas and brandy leather gun slip with synthetic wool lining.

I would assume that all their cases have this synthetic wool lining, there is no way they could hit these price points using real wool.

Great! Thanks. They sure look nice!!

Last edited by Jimmy W; 04/19/24 07:43 AM.
eeb Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Years ago Lewis Drake sold very nice leather cases that I believe were made in India. I have several and the quality is excellent. I watch for them on eBay but have not seen any for sale for a long time

Sidelock
Sidelock

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]These are really popular among clay target shooters. They're made by Shamrock Leather in Minnesota. The bags are just under $300.00. The side pouches are around $50-$60.00 a piece. They hold eight boxes of shells in the main bag. The smaller carrier holds 4 boxes of 12 gauge shells.

Sidelock
Sidelock

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] These do have latches to keep them closed. They are just open right now.

Last edited by Jimmy W; 04/19/24 09:09 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] This carries four boxes of 12 gauge if you want to carry something smaller.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.