May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (Ted Schefelbein, Tim in PA, LGF, ClapperZapper, Jtplumb), 243 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,495
Posts545,347
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ksauers1
Just read what their mission is. It has absolutely nothing to do with hunting or shooting. I did not see that mentioned or in any of the bios. They make it sound like old white men have prohibited “ the underrepresented “ from enjoying the outdoors. No one has ever prevented anyone from enjoying the out doors, no matter who they are .That’s the whole aim. The evil white man again. How long will it take before they start preaching anti hunting. Everything the left does is about their agenda , this will be no different

The word “Justice” on a resume’ or bio is the new Doctorate.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by SKB
....I'm not so sure the issues in Denver are much different from others cities the same size though....
My thought about Denver came from it being very different, from places like Chicago, NY, LA, Seattle, and on and on. But, I perceive it to be on an accelerated slide. It's not too late in my mind, but as the thread subject matter goes, votes have far reaching consequences that aren't a reasonable facsimile of common ground.

By the way, my kiddo did the commute thing from up in the Evergreen area, as well as lived in one of those fancy high rises in the tech park. It's simply that they noticed trends being what they are. Even when I sort of liked Denver, best view was always the skyline in the rearview mirror. I like the Springs a bit better overall, but a mexdruggangbanger rolled a shot body out of their car to die at a gas station, maybe a half mile from a different kiddo. But hey, ifjared builds it, they will predictably come, right? Keep rolling, trucking and may the Stones be around in June.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just to balance the discussion a bit, here in Montana we have our own set of incompetent administrators, a Republican super majority of leather headed folks who want to monetize wildlife and who care nothing for the preservation of habitat. They chose to put a million dollars a year into rearing pheasants for plant-and- shoot. These birds do nothing to preserve real hunting. They don't survive in the wild. Our administration sought to give landowners big game tags to distribute as they saw fit. They permit more and more out-of- state licenses. It's all an effort to accommodate wealthy new comers who are busy buying up prime landscape for their private pleasures. Fortunately, our strong traditions of public access and public ownership of fish and game offer strong resistance to this sort of foolishness. Still, the overall effect has been a slow, steady erosion of hunting and fishing quality.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have been thinking about this development here in Colorado and a myriad of other similar ones across our country and now that the grandkids have gone home on this Easter Sunday and the house is still I will add some thoughts.

In 1787 when Benjamin Franklin left the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia he was asked by the mayor’s wife what they had produced. “A republic,” he replied, “if you can keep it.”

A decade later John Adams, in speaking to assembled Massachusetts guardsmen, made clear what was necessary for this republic to be preserved: “Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”

Mother Teresa observed of Westerners that we suffer from a spiritual poverty greater than that of the poorest of the peasants along the streets of her beloved city, Calcutta.

And Alexander Solzhenitsyn, in his 1983 Templeton address, related, “…I have spent well nigh fifty years working on the history of our Revolution; in the process I have read hundreds of books, collected hundreds of personal testimonies, and have already contributed eight volumes of my own toward the effort of clearing away the rubble left by that upheaval. But if I were asked today to formulate as concisely as possible the main cause of the ruinous Revolution that swallowed up some sixty million of our people, I could not put it more accurately than to repeat (what he had heard as a child at the knee of his elders). “Men have forgotten God; that’s why all this has happened.”

As a kid on an Ozark farm, I often threw rocks into the little pond behind the house. Never did I think that the ripples would not spread out and touch every inch of the pond. “Moral pollution works the same as environmental pollution. The waste products of careless living work insidiously into the soil of thought and the streams of language, poisoning every part of society.” (Eugene Peterson)

The founding fathers knew what they were doing. The sages who followed paid the price to understand and then inform and exhort. We have to decide if they were right or if those who’ve followed and shaped our “now”, those such as Margaret Sanger and Hugh Hefner, Barack Obama and Oprah Winfrey, along with a whole host of others in entertainment and media and academia, are the wiser ones.

It seems, at least to me, that the hour is late and the day dark for our republic. And I would despair were it not for this very day. Easter evening seems most appropriate to remember, “In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overpower it.”

We, too, have forgotten God. But because of today, we can remember Him and turn and return and live again. We can.

Last edited by FallCreekFan; 04/02/24 10:04 AM.

Speude Bradeos
5 members like this: craigd, Sandlapper, ksauers1, Lloyd3, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by rocky mtn bill
Just to balance the discussion a bit, here in Montana we have our own set of incompetent administrators, a Republican super majority of leather headed folks who want to monetize wildlife and who care nothing for the preservation of habitat. They chose to put a million dollars a year into rearing pheasants for plant-and- shoot. These birds do nothing to preserve real hunting. They don't survive in the wild. Our administration sought to give landowners big game tags to distribute as they saw fit. They permit more and more out-of- state licenses. It's all an effort to accommodate wealthy new comers who are busy buying up prime landscape for their private pleasures. Fortunately, our strong traditions of public access and public ownership of fish and game offer strong resistance to this sort of foolishness. Still, the overall effect has been a slow, steady erosion of hunting and fishing quality.

Yours is a familiar story, unfortunately. Iowa extends the disdain for natural resources to its waters as it is swimming in its own swill thanks to undermining any attempts to improve water quality. We were making positive progress for a while, but we are in full reverse now.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by rocky mtn bill
Just to balance the discussion a bit, here in Montana we have our own set of incompetent administrators….

…..It's all an effort to accommodate wealthy new comers who are busy buying up prime landscape for their private pleasures. Fortunately, our strong traditions…..
You mean like the agenda left who welcomed those three teenagegangbangers from kali who committed that double rez murder deep in central MT. Fortunately, LE aren’t ordered by the balanced rmbill’s of the kali annex, to stand down, huh bill?

Sidelock
Sidelock

craigd This is possibly the stupidest, most incoherent, illiterate post of all time. As Mark Twain might say, " You shall have a chromo. " It's always good to hear from the right-wing intellectuals. Flounder on.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Maybe I'm a selfish jerk but, I don't want to recruit any more outdoor people or increase outdoor access opportunities. There are too many hunters, anglers, hikers, etc. When tags are on a lottery system, by definition, we don't need more hunters. The animals are pressured all year by hikers and mountain bikers and back country skiers -which is a very bad thing that isn't talked about. The lakes and rivers are overcrowded. The last thing we need is another fisherman.

I don't see the political benefit to recruiting. Around 14% of Colorado hunts something. Increase that to say, 20% and we are still a small minority. It just means lower tag draw odds and more pressure on fish and animals. And, as seen on this forum, hunters don't much agree on politics.

So please don't recruit more outdoorsy people.

2 members like this: BrentD, Prof, Jimmy W
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by RyanF
Maybe I'm a selfish jerk but, I don't want to recruit any more outdoor people or increase outdoor access opportunities. There are too many hunters, anglers, hikers, etc. When tags are on a lottery system, by definition, we don't need more hunters. The animals are pressured all year by hikers and mountain bikers and back country skiers -which is a very bad thing that isn't talked about. The lakes and rivers are overcrowded. The last thing we need is another fisherman.

I don't see the political benefit to recruiting. Around 14% of Colorado hunts something. Increase that to say, 20% and we are still a small minority. It just means lower tag draw odds and more pressure on fish and animals. And, as seen on this forum, hunters don't much agree on politics.

So please don't recruit more outdoorsy people.

I don't think you are selfish because you want something. And I know what you mean by the crowded outdoors. Every square inch of land in my county is privately owned except for one hunting area. The state is kind enough to release pheasants about 40 miles from me every year in two or three different areas. But going out there to hunt means that there is a hunter in any direction about 40 yards from you. I have always been surprised that no one that I have ever heard of, has been shot while they were hunting in either of those areas. And it does not take long for those areas to get hunted out. Now bicycle, horse and hiking trails are in places that used to be convenient to hunt in. And the population in the United States has almost tripled since 1940. There is a river about 200 yards from my house where my buddies and I used to play when we were kids. But if you go there now, you are on private property and you can plan on a sheriff's deputy asking you to leave. And you better not have a gun with you. Or you will surely be arrested. I saw this coming about 15 years ago and I figured it was time to diversify my interests. That way I could have an array of things to do in my spare time if something fell to the wayside. Good luck.

Last edited by Jimmy W; 04/01/24 01:18 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

[quote=]…..I don't think you are selfish because you want something. And I know what you mean by the crowded outdoors. Every square inch of land in my county is privately owned except for one hunting area. The state is kind enough to release pheasants about 40 miles from me every year in two or three different areas. But going out there to hunt means that there is a hunter in any direction about 40 yards from you. I have always been surprised that no one that I have ever heard of, has been shot while they were hunting in either of those areas. And it does not take long for those areas to get hunted out. Now bicycle, horse and hiking trails are in places that used to be convenient to hunt in. And the population in the United States has almost tripled since 1940. There is a river about 200 yards from my house where my buddies and I used to play when we were kids. But if you go there now, you are on private property and you can plan on a sheriff's deputy asking you to leave. And you better not have a gun with you. Or you will surely be arrested. I saw this coming about 15 years ago and I figured it was time to diversify my interests. That way I could have an array of things to do in my spare time if something fell to the wayside. Good luck.[/quote]
You seem similar to rocky mnt bill above, even rants would lead folks to think you’re kindred spirits. He too has issues with put and take pheasants, and rich white people doing their land grab. But go figure, he lives in the fourth largest land area state and a third of it has some form of legal hunting access.

Pro tip, I like that, if you two amigos could unite, instead of diversify, you wouldn’t have to sit around and wait for your agendas to come true, you could run on apathy and you vision will be fulfilled.

Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.