April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Tim in PA, barrel browner, KDGJ), 473 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,479
Posts545,201
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 25 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 24 25
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ChiefAmungum
A little not so "light" reading here, https://pointingdogblog.blogspot.com/2015/05/pure-copper-shot.html. Why is this shell option not available here? That I've seen at least.

Chief

I’ve got a feeling there might be huge unintended consequences from using that stuff:

https://www.hunker.com/13424362/how-to-kill-trees-with-copper-nails

First, they take the lead away, that is tough to document killing anything, and then they take the copper away, when they can document it kills trees.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Maybe, it would take a substantial, close range blast to get into the sap wood I would think. That said any lever whatsoever will be pulled. Any wedge will be driven by some. I wonder how this sets with European timber industries? May be some studies have been made? How did it not get derailed by some movement? No lack of Ecoligious thought over there either!

Chief

1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ChiefAmungum
Maybe, it would take a substantial, close range blast to get into the sap wood I would think. That said any lever whatsoever will be pulled. Any wedge will be driven by some. I wonder how this sets with European timber industries? May be some studies have been made? How did it not get derailed by some movement? No lack of Ecoligious thought over there either!

Chief

The reality of what actually happens might be irrelevant. Remember, it is the left, always, that tries to disrupt the status quo, to achieve their long term goals. The left, to a very large degree, wants you not hunting, and then, unarmed. Attempting to apply the research from waterfowl hunting across the board to all upland hunting is the latest attempt to kill by a thousand cuts.

You might kill 1 of our trees?

How dare you.

Best,
Ted

2 members like this: John Roberts, ChiefAmungum
Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

And to add to that insanity, Boulder County here is suing Jefferson County for a small airport that is immediately east of the county line. Part of the reasons they mention in the lawsuit (other than the noise of touch & gos) is the fact that light aircraft still use leaded aviation gasoline (for at least the next few years) and they're claiming that burnt leaded fuel is harming the occupants of Boulder County (the real story here is that the local "developers" are salivating over the real estate that the little airport occupies).

Lead "issues" equals gun control, there is simply no other explanation for it. It's the perfect "wedge-issue" for the complete elimination of a shooting and armed public going forward.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 03/14/24 01:55 PM.
4 members like this: John Roberts, ChiefAmungum, mc, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

one problem involving copper is the fact that as a commodity, it's price is subject to pretty wild variations...when it's at the higher levels, you better not go off and leave a house construction site unguarded after the electrical wiring has been installed....

best regards,

tom

"it's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards."
lewis carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Sidelock
Sidelock

If a copper toxxed dead tree collapses on a wolf, man are we in for it!

Sidelock
Sidelock

This has definitely been one of the more amusing threads so far in 2024.

I think Jimmy W has done an excellent job of convincing all of us as to just how those climate grifters like Al Gore and Greta T earn their millions. Just remarkable.

And as to the arguments about whether MN and particularly Duluth and the North Shore are nice places to live, I’ll just say the scenery is pretty.

I do like that, as a nearly 50 year enthusiast for keel boat sailing, including owning my own and chartering in the Great Lakes, the Caribbean and the Adriatic, I find Ted and I both enjoy another passion. Few things better than when you turn off the engine and you feel the boat set. I love big winds!

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Or worse yet. If a copper toxxed dead tree with an Eagle's nest plus Eaglets topples onto a wolf we are truly, truly screwed!

DuLuth is a cool place to visit and party. I've still got some family there, we have fun when I visit! I wouldn't care to live there. Further up the shore might be OK.

Chief

Sidelock
Sidelock

Worth mentioning that Duluth also has a gun shop (Puglisis) with an inventory that includes a lot of very nice classic doubles.

1 member likes this: Jimmy W
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by L. Brown
Worth mentioning that Duluth also has a gun shop (Puglisis) with an inventory that includes a lot of very nice classic doubles.

And at least one other decent gunshop nearby which actually has a good stock of reloading components at reasonable prices.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

1 member likes this: Jimmy W
Page 8 of 25 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.