April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Jem Finch, Fudd, Argo44, 1 invisible), 444 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,471
Posts545,151
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#642941 02/22/24 01:22 PM
AGS Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I bought a couple of guns in the Guyette&Deeter auction and can find no reference to one of them. It is a 12 gauge Belgian double with no manufacturers name. I normally avoid these but this was a very nice looking gun in really fine condition. It was sold as an antique but carries a serial number in the 7xxx range. It has rebounding locks, very nice engraving of what looks to be high quality, particularly on the barrel breech amd rib. The engraving looks surprisingly like Beretta engraving of the 70/80's. Checkering is very well done and crisp. Barrel finish is nice but probably redone. Stock is nice with a few minor rashes. Rebounding locks with very nice triggers. The barrel was listed as American Flag damascus, although I am not conversant enough to know. It does look similar to examples I have found. Bores are shining and clean with just a few spots. Inletting is very tight and good.

The only indication of make on the gun is a rib engraving in script "Tight Gun Patent Treble Bolt" (it does have a combination cross bolt and under lugs). The inside of the locks are stamped either a 6 or 9 and have the marks JN. The proofs have the Belgian Tower and quite a few other marks but I haven't looked them up yet. While not a best quality gun, it is of a very good quality and I would like to find the maker.

I can't post any pictures yet and may not be able to do that until early next week. However, the rib extension is in English and I thought it may well be a contract gun. I wondered if anyone had ever come across the name "Tight Gun" or a catalog reference to it; or the term Patent Treble Lock. The only reference I can get to it is for the Greener Triple Wedge Lock.

Thanks.

The other gun was a Rizzini 24 gauge double from the late 60's, which I paid way too much for, but I decided to end the search and buy one.

Sidelock
Sidelock

'JN' was used by J. Noisette
https://www.littlegun.be/arme%20belge/artisans%20identifies%20no/a%20noisette%20j%20gb.htm

There should be a lettre annale. Looking forward to the full size high resolution images.
Can you post a link to the auction listing?

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.