April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (Argo44, David Williamson, graybeardtmm3, Jimmy W, 2 invisible), 440 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,479
Posts545,209
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted by canvasback
Originally Posted by mc
If we don't get more involved use social media get a cohesive message we will all suffer the failure.

Hopefully the Supreme Court will rule correctly on Monday.

And one thing you guys may want to take a second look at is the USSC ruling that unleashed the SuperPACS. Calling limits on election spending "free speech" is insane and has contributed mightily to the chaotic, billionaire dominated, two out of four years spent raising money, election system.

I'll let you in on a little secret. Conservatives contribute to the parties and candidates of their choice. Liberals don't. Liberals depend on deep pocketed donors. The more election spending limits in place, the more the Right has an inherent advantage over the Left.

We cut out corporate donations, union donations, personal donations over $2000. The parties up here are funded by average taxpayers. And the Right typically raises 3x to 4x the money the Left does. It was one of the last things the previous centre right government did before it left office and our current Blackface wearing Turd took over. It was a brilliant tactical move by the right.

been following this (with guarded interest)....and trying to keep my mouth shut. but, james' observations regarding money are enough bait to draw me in....i will suggest a new metric - $$$.

follow the money...the money never lies...the money always tells the truth, because it has nothing to hide. but, the people who love the money ALWAYS have something to hide....the bible verse most likely to be misunderstood is the one that says....money is the root of all evil. when what it actually says, is that the LOVE of money is the root of all evil.

i will suggest that most of what you guys are circling around, hiding behind and sniping at each other, are actually the social distortions that result from the economic changes we are witnessing in these times. globalization, "free" trade, the abandonment of traditional industries and agricultural policies, the mass movements of huge numbers of human beings fleeing from political and economic turmoil. none of these things are happening in a vacuum....in some respects we are moving back to the era of the "robber barons" - another time when too few people controlled too much power.

"politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich, by promising to protect each from the other."
oscar ameringer

both of the political parties represent special interests - the democrats represent the have nots....and the republicans represent the haves (or as bush 43 said - we have both groups - the haves and the have mores). read up on your history....every time the economic equations get too far out of balance, there is one sure and certain result - revolution. pay attention to the big picture, it's awfully easy to get distracted by the details....a whole bunch of what you guys are talking about, are the rumblings of a coming earthquake.

best regards,

tom

"it's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards."
lewis carroll, Alice in Wonderland
2 members like this: Lloyd3, Ted Schefelbein
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Someone explain why with the change of an administration we have inflation and illegal immigration. That is more people than live in some states coming across the border. The middle east is blowing up again and Russia invades a neighbor (the eighties want their geopolitical threat back). China is Saber rattling and north Korea is being north Korea again.

Sidelock
Sidelock

.....We cut out corporate donations, union donations, personal donations over $2000. The parties up here are funded by average taxpayers. And the Right typically raises 3x to 4x the money the Left does. It was one of the last things the previous centre right government did before it left office and our current Blackface wearing Turd took over. It was a brilliant tactical move by the right.
The politics of a tactical move, how many right of centre activists had the vision, or the stomach to play this game?

But, the important part is, how's that working out for you? Not in terms of fighting the good fight, or resisting turds, but where's Canadian culture headed? Are urban centres being taken over by gun violent activist gangs of middle eastern pursuation. Has your southern border become a porous, two-way fentanyl super highway. Gotta love those fit and trim backpackers, humping the goods and loot, back and forth across the fruited plains border? I think you folks have lost quite a bit, over a short period due to turdboy, can you afford the time for that eight percent to maybe scratch back a feel good sliver of a percent?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by mc
Someone explain why with the change of an administration we have inflation and illegal immigration. That is more people than live in some states coming across the border. The middle east is blowing up again and Russia invades a neighbor (the eighties want their geopolitical threat back). China is Saber rattling and north Korea is being north Korea again.
It's all politics isn't? Where were the activists calling for this. It wasn't me who mentioned those of thesoros ilk, or lobbied for thebiden family to sell out the US to chineseandrussian bad actors.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by BrentD, Prof
Originally Posted by mc
If we don't get more involved use social media get a cohesive message we will all suffer the failure.

Hopefully the Supreme Court will rule correctly on Monday.

And one thing you guys may want to take a second look at is the USSC ruling that unleashed the SuperPACS. Calling limits on election spending "free speech" is insane and has contributed mightily to the chaotic, billionaire dominated, two out of four years spent raising money, election system.

I'll let you in on a little secret. Conservatives contribute to the parties and candidates of their choice. Liberals don't. Liberals depend on deep pocketed donors. The more election spending limits in place, the more the Right has an inherent advantage over the Left.

We cut out corporate donations, union donations, personal donations over $2000. The parties up here are funded by average taxpayers. And the Right typically raises 3x to 4x the money the Left does. It was one of the last things the previous centre right government did before it left office and our current Blackface wearing Turd took over. It was a brilliant tactical move by the right.

The shit you make up is astounding.

Tell me exactly what I have made up there Brent.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by craigd
.....We cut out corporate donations, union donations, personal donations over $2000. The parties up here are funded by average taxpayers. And the Right typically raises 3x to 4x the money the Left does. It was one of the last things the previous centre right government did before it left office and our current Blackface wearing Turd took over. It was a brilliant tactical move by the right.
The politics of a tactical move, how many right of centre activists had the vision, or the stomach to play this game?

But, the important part is, how's that working out for you? Not in terms of fighting the good fight, or resisting turds, but where's Canadian culture headed? Are urban centres being taken over by gun violent activist gangs of middle eastern pursuation. Has your southern border become a porous, two-way fentanyl super highway. Gotta love those fit and trim backpackers, humping the goods and loot, back and forth across the fruited plains border? I think you folks have lost quite a bit, over a short period due to turdboy, can you afford the time for that eight percent to maybe scratch back a feel good sliver of a percent?

Craig I’ll respond to both your posts. Of course these things are intertwined. But I’m saying that it’s extremely difficult for the political side to make progress if the activists haven’t softened up the populace. And what I see in both countries is right of centre voters bemoaning the situation with very little (comparatively) activism from the right that gets the populace on board with the ideas of the right. We get boxed in and labeled by the Left. They traditionally have been the aggressor in defining the battles and defining the opposition. “Pro Choice” and “Anti Abortion”.

You say it’s a political fight now, as though it’s somehow different than 60 years ago. I’m saying it’s not. It’s the same fight now that it’s always been. We just haven’t fought it as well. As Ted suggested, we are busy with jobs and families etc. And I’ll go back to my original statement which is to take a look at who has been winning for the last 2-3 generations. Sure hasn’t been the Right.

Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different result. Despite the progress made by Trump, look at how quickly the next administration made up ground. And BTW, Trump is an anomaly. He’s not a normal political animal although his instincts are very good. He’s the very unusual cross between an activist and a politician. At this point in time the Right would have be F’d without him. He reminded about 80 million voters that the things they believe in are good ideas and worth standing up for. Unlike most of the Rhinos, busy trying not to offend the Left.

Last edited by canvasback; 02/24/24 04:57 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
1 member likes this: John Roberts
Sidelock
Sidelock

....You say it’s a political fight now, as though it’s somehow different than 60 years ago. I’m saying it’s not. It’s the same fight now that it’s always been. We just haven’t fought it as well. As Ted suggested, we are busy with jobs and families etc. And I’ll go back to my original statement which is to take a look at who has been winning for the last 2-3 generations. Sure hasn’t been the Right.

Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different result....
I'm up for a bit of conversation. I never said it's a political fight now, I thought I said I wasn't fully buying into the actvism theory? I keep mentioning today, because yes, today is different in many ways, than sixty years ago? On the other hand, now you mention, it's only two to three generations of winning for the left?

Today, aren't generations 12 to 14 years? Sixty years ago, that concept was stigmatized, a small example of the many changes that make it a stretch to say, things are the same? I won't make any assumptions of Ted's meaning, but I know what it means to me, the left does not value jobs or family. Correction, the left is invested misery and victimhood. Exaggeration, not if we look at the victimless crime industry or public health industry, for starters?

Maybe, one narrow definition of insanity is to invoke dated models as infallible, yet have countless examples of recent relevant changes? No big arguement today, I am questioning that pro right of center issues are achievable through activism, for the various reasons, we've both come up with. So, what do we do to make your concept work, only disclaimer, please don't say the way of Canada?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig
There are those who you shall NOT argue with.
That... um....Those are on my "I" list.

Last edited by Colonial; 02/24/24 07:00 PM.

Dumb, but learning...Prof Em, BSc(ME), CAE (FYI)
1 member likes this: keith
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Colonial
Craig
There are those who you shall NOT argue with.
That... um....Those are on my "I" list.

The dogs bark but the caravan moves on.

Glad to see I’m living rent free in your head though. Who are you again?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by craigd
....You say it’s a political fight now, as though it’s somehow different than 60 years ago. I’m saying it’s not. It’s the same fight now that it’s always been. We just haven’t fought it as well. As Ted suggested, we are busy with jobs and families etc. And I’ll go back to my original statement which is to take a look at who has been winning for the last 2-3 generations. Sure hasn’t been the Right.

Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different result....
I'm up for a bit of conversation. I never said it's a political fight now, I thought I said I wasn't fully buying into the actvism theory? I keep mentioning today, because yes, today is different in many ways, than sixty years ago? On the other hand, now you mention, it's only two to three generations of winning for the left?

Today, aren't generations 12 to 14 years? Sixty years ago, that concept was stigmatized, a small example of the many changes that make it a stretch to say, things are the same? I won't make any assumptions of Ted's meaning, but I know what it means to me, the left does not value jobs or family. Correction, the left is invested misery and victimhood. Exaggeration, not if we look at the victimless crime industry or public health industry, for starters?

Maybe, one narrow definition of insanity is to invoke dated models as infallible, yet have countless examples of recent relevant changes? No big arguement today, I am questioning that pro right of center issues are achievable through activism, for the various reasons, we've both come up with. So, what do we do to make your concept work, only disclaimer, please don't say the way of Canada?

LOL. No, we are in total agreement. Don’t follow Canada’s lead. I consider it a failed state. It just doesn’t know it yet.

And aren’t “generations” typically considered 20 to 25 years?

I don’t disagree with any of your assessments of the disaster that is the Left today. If we have any disagreement, it’s on tactics. I think history is valuable. I think human nature is relatively constant. I don’t see the exceptionalism of today versus other points in history. I think a good portion of what is going on (not all) is somewhat explained by the Strauss - Howe Generational theory.

What to do? I don’t have any magic formula. Except to support right of centre ideas outside of political parties. Not exclusively but in addition. However one can. I kinda like the people who are saying absolutely no to woke ideas, to modern cancel culture. Who don’t just go along to get along. You got any ideas how to change things Craig?

Last edited by canvasback; 02/24/24 07:44 PM.

2 members like this: John Roberts, Stanton Hillis
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.