April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Argo44, canvasback, WBLDon, graybeardtmm3, 2 invisible), 207 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,473
Posts545,161
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
CJF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by craigd
Originally Posted by CJF
...I engaged on this thread about politics because I’m worried about where we are going as a country. Will my kids enjoy the same freedoms and opportunities that I did? Will my wife and I enjoy the retirement we worked and saved for?
I don’t know.
I do know that the GOP today is not what it was when I voted for Reagan. Or Bush. Or a different Bush. Conservatism used to be about a way for America to be better. For Americans, and as a force for good in the world.
I engaged on this thread about politics because you all go right for the bait. You rally to defend this issue or that issue, and vote GOP because they’ll defend your guns or fight the “woke” for you....
Jo-n-kamala, and their appointed policy making ideologs are going to give your children, freedoms and opportunities? There is some value in picking the lesser of two evils, rather than trying to pedal some faux high ground.

CraigD - Here's where I'm coming at this from. I'm in my late 50s. Lucky to be retired. I have two daughters. Mid-20s, single. Wife is also retired. Under Trump, the tax cuts for the wealthiest exploded the deficit by $7,000,000,000,000 and now the GOP is saying we're spending too much and we need to cut entitlements. So that's a non-starter. (FWIW, my taxes also increased under Trump) Worse, Trump destabilized security across the globe, and that's playing out with Russia, China and the middle-east.

So yes, Jo-n-kamala offer a better option for me and my kids. If Biden is re-elected and increases tax rates for those of us making less than $400K, then I'll be less happy. I don't think that will happen but it could. But I'm done believing in Santa, magic and trickle-down economics. And I'm tired of the GOP using culture wars to distract folks like you while they subsidize the hopes and dreams of their billionaire donors. And I believe Biden will continue to invest in US infrastructure, manufacturing and the middle class, and that will drive my investments to grow.

So I want 4 years where we focus on growing the middle class, pushing back on dictators, and enforcing our laws on everyone, equally. And growth.

Last edited by CJF; 02/07/24 11:08 PM.
1 member likes this: SKB
CJF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by craigd
Originally Posted by CJF
....So vote because you don’t believe the science. Or the news. Or the government.
Vote because you believe the propaganda bought by a billionaire.
You are the target market.

They know they are lying to you. Do you know?
Do you have any idea which President seated the last three Supreme Court Justices, and where the country would be, if those three were Jacksons
and Kagans? Have those two and Sotomayor ever ruled based on facts, such as there's supposed to be in science, or do they write hard left decisions to serve their political leaning?

I know who seated the last 3. But I don't follow your point, sorry. Can you explain here or message me?

Re SCOTUS, how comfortable are you with any justice taking gifts from donors with cases before the court? The absence of a binding ethics policy for gifts and conflict of interests seems at odds with what was expected of me in the business world.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Jimmy W
Originally Posted by Tim in PA
You know, I realize nothing myself, or anyone else here can say will change your mind. I was trying to come up with something that would at least make you think a little bit and consider an opposing position. I could point out graphs, like Al Gores, that while maybe accurate, are misleading. I could show you evidence of far warmer climate in holocene history, but I realize again, you would just ignore it.

Your polar bear argument is a good example. The "experts" claimed the bears would go extinct. Instead of going extinct, the population has risen. How do you explain that? Easy, you nonchalantly dismiss it by saying the "experts" didn't know what they were talking about. Great defense, think about that.

Mark Twain said it is easier to fool someone than it is to convince them they've been fooled.

The problem with this whole climate change trainwreck is that you have multiple large pieces at play, all pushing us into a disastrous, non weather related future, by advancing this narrative.

Countries, think China, that stand to gain a great deal of wealth, power and influence.
Politicians and bureaucrats, think EU and WEF, that stand to gain a great deal of control, power and wealth.
Scientists, too arrogant and self-consumed to admit they don't know everything, or maybe just activist, that stand to gain in their careers and influence.
And then you have the everyday tools, the "useful idiots" who need some cause to believe in, and will cheerfully supply the rope to the above mentioned parties to hang them with.

I was reading the, Big Three, sporting magazines back in the 70's through the 90's. They started environmental columns and articles back then, preaching gloom and doom. I doubt if 1% of their predictions ever came to pass. That's how it works. People politically inclined to the left have the memories of a flea. Some "scientist" says the world will starve to death in the year 2000 and the believers all run around with their hair on fire. 2000 comes and goes, everyone's fat, and the believers forget. And then someone says Tuvalu will be swallowed up by a rising Pacific in 3 years, and everyone's hair is on fire again. 3 years later Tuvalu has grown in land mass and the fleas move on to the next existential crisis. So it goes. I guess just keep your eyes closed and enjoy your crusade.
Something else, I'll be glad (as would anyone else) to see any proof to back up what you say. I have given you names, companies, people who are considered knowledgeable in their fields to back up what I passed along. I'd be glad to look at the proof you have on anything. Throwing useless blather into a conversation doesn't prove anything on your part. I would love to hear where you get your facts and who from, exactly. I gave you the name of the person who commented on the polar bear population. So, how do YOU explain your statements. The bible is only 6,000 years old. I gave you scientific evidence from 650,000 years ago. Don't just say, "SOME BOOK BACK IN 1970" . What book exactly? Show us the article. I would love to see it. I gave you recent data from a month ago.

What does the Bible have to do with anything I said? I don't want to go there, but I will say this, Stan is right, and all the answers are found in the Bible. And no, I don't think the world is flat and 6,000 years old.

My old laptop crashed, along with it a lot of saved information I no longer have saved. Looking this stuff up, and debating online, quite frankly, hurts my head, I don't have the temperament for this. It's especially painful considering I'm doing this for nothing, you are too rabid to consider anything that doesn't agree with the narrative, but I'll humor you, here are some links. Some are predictions, and some are articles showing the world was a warmer place in our not too distant past, Al Gore and his graphs, notwithstanding.

But maybe you can humor me, and talk about some of the political consequences I alluded to.

[img]https://www.independent.co.uk/clima...-ross-ice-shelf-scott-coast-b691484.html[/img]
[img]https://www.livescience.com/ancient-bog-beetles-england.html[/img]
[img]https://www.accuweather.com/en/clim...rthed-as-europes-drought-worsens/1232070[/img]
[img]https://www.livescience.com/4702-melting-glacier-reveals-ancient-tree-stumps.html[/img]
[img]https://www.greenmatters.com/p/tuvalu-sinking[/img]
[img]https://www.sciencealert.com/pacific-island-nation-expected-to-sink-is-getting-bigger[/img]
[img]https://www.aei.org/carpe-diem/18-s...rth-day-in-1970-expect-more-this-year-2/[/img]

1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Media matters George Soros billionaire,funding all theses DAs that are destroying the cities ,stores closing because of the social justice criminals robbing them blind .you can chose not to watch Prager u .what about the cities and peoples lives being destroyed by the Democrat policies .I don't get it or worshiping at the global warming alter.

3 members like this: Jusanothajoe, John Roberts, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by CJF
So I want 4 years where we focus on growing the middle class, pushing back on dictators, and enforcing our laws on everyone, equally. And growth.

If JB is re-elected you'll get growth alright, growth in the millions of illegal immigrants flooding our southern border and threatening the security of our nation. See how you and your kids like that.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
1 member likes this: Jusanothajoe
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Originally Posted by CJF

If JB is re-elected you'll get growth alright, growth in the millions of illegal immigrants flooding our southern border and threatening the security of our nation. See how you and your kids like that.

That growth in illegals doesn't really seem to be happening. He's already shipped back more illegals than Trump. Of course, he could do better if your heroes had voted for that border bill instead of protecting Putin. Not sure what y'all see in Putin that makes you want to protect him like Trump does. Personally, I hate dictators and communists like that.

And see how your kids like that ACC. It is really going to suck, and they will get the brunt of it.

Carry on.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

1 member likes this: CJF
CJF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by mc
Media matters George Soros billionaire,funding all theses DAs that are destroying the cities ,stores closing because of the social justice criminals robbing them blind .you can chose not to watch Prager u .what about the cities and peoples lives being destroyed by the Democrat policies .I don't get it or worshiping at the global warming alter.

I agree that following the money is usually key to sorting out the amazing times we're living in. But you lost me with your Soros comment. I'm typically looking to see the connection between someone who might do something, and WHY that person might do it. Usually the why is based on sex, money or power. So is Soros getting laid, paid or more power by what he is doing?

Can you break this down for me? And please pick a specific DA and help me understand how this works to destroy a city.

(BTW, yes, Soros gives a shit ton of money through PACs to influence elections. Roughly $128mil in 2021. Just not understanding how a District Attorney, whose role it is to prosecute, destroys a city. Also, I confess I didn't know how Soros compares to other billionaires who are donating to push their agendas. A quick google shows he's #1! Now the next 4 of the top 5 are Republican donors, but let's not dig deeper there. https://thehill.com/lobbying/3720141-here-are-the-biggest-donors-in-the-midterm-elections/ )

Let's get past this before we tackle why retailers close stores. My background is analytics for a $100bil retailer. Curious what this is about. And please don't reference Target, as they got caught lying about their store closures.

Last edited by CJF; 02/08/24 12:49 AM.
1 member likes this: SKB
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Alvin bragg in NY just let individuals go who beat cops up ,the DA in Los Angeles who refuses to prosecute crimes both are funded partially by Soros organizations you know exactly what I'm talking about what's going on in San Francisco retailers are running out of the cities Seattle has record empty buildings Portland is a lovely day in hell .and the middle east is about to really explode ,China saber rattling massive amounts of deaths in Ukraine .what is causing this mess .what changed?

2 members like this: keith, Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by CJF
....CraigD - Here's where I'm coming at this from. I'm in my late 50s. Lucky to be retired. I have two daughters. Mid-20s, single. Wife is also retired. Under Trump, the tax cuts for the wealthiest exploded the deficit by $7,000,000,000,000 and now the GOP is saying we're spending too much and we need to cut entitlements. So that's a non-starter. (FWIW, my taxes also increased under Trump) Worse, Trump destabilized security across the globe, and that's playing out with Russia, China and the middle-east.

So yes, Jo-n-kamala offer a better option for me and my kids. If Biden is re-elected and increases tax rates for those of us making less than $400K, then I'll be less happy. I don't think that will happen but it could. But I'm done believing in Santa, magic and trickle-down economics. And I'm tired of the GOP using culture wars to distract folks like you while they subsidize the hopes and dreams of their billionaire donors. And I believe Biden will continue to invest in US infrastructure, manufacturing and the middle class, and that will drive my investments to grow.

CJF, I appreciate the response. My thought process does not involve Santa, trickle-down, magic or dictators. We are of similar age, I have twice as many kids, and half of them are married. My wife and I got half of them all through college, and the other two dropped out to voluntarily start ambitious and successful careers. None of them burden society with substance abuse "medical conditions", nor have they taken any criminal court or penal system resources. I choose to continue working, I like what I do, and I value it. Lol, so what?

I am not so sure you are aware of what has happened to the national debt in the past three years. I prefer to stay aware of world events, and I cannot comprehend how you see world leadership with our current administration, three years on and you still blame Trump? My children can get a speeding ticket, or are forced to pay for free drug needle programs, but their children have to compete for school seats and basic services with illegal alien felons, according to our laws?

You do know your regular people have supposedly gone over a trillion in credit card debt? Do you realize your administration has gone, hat in hand, begging Iran and Venezuela for crude oil, after irresponsibly tapping the national reserve? What a difference three years makes? Take care of your two precious daughters, the best you see fit. Do you think they would have concern if you lost your train of thought and fell regularly like our current guardian of the future?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by CJF
....I know who seated the last 3. But I don't follow your point, sorry. Can you explain here or message me?

Re SCOTUS, how comfortable are you with any justice taking gifts from donors with cases before the court? The absence of a binding ethics policy for gifts and conflict of interests seems at odds with what was expected of me in the business world.
Too vague for me. I believe you have awareness, and if you want to bait me, bait me with facts about any decision where the three were in lock step and shot down by the rest? How did that constitutional leaning decision harm you?

Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.