April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (canvasback, Fudd), 488 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,473
Posts545,160
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Tim in PA
You know, I realize nothing myself, or anyone else here can say will change your mind. I was trying to come up with something that would at least make you think a little bit and consider an opposing position. I could point out graphs, like Al Gores, that while maybe accurate, are misleading. I could show you evidence of far warmer climate in holocene history, but I realize again, you would just ignore it.

Your polar bear argument is a good example. The "experts" claimed the bears would go extinct. Instead of going extinct, the population has risen. How do you explain that? Easy, you nonchalantly dismiss it by saying the "experts" didn't know what they were talking about. Great defense, think about that.

Mark Twain said it is easier to fool someone than it is to convince them they've been fooled.

The problem with this whole climate change trainwreck is that you have multiple large pieces at play, all pushing us into a disastrous, non weather related future, by advancing this narrative.

Countries, think China, that stand to gain a great deal of wealth, power and influence.
Politicians and bureaucrats, think EU and WEF, that stand to gain a great deal of control, power and wealth.
Scientists, too arrogant and self-consumed to admit they don't know everything, or maybe just activist, that stand to gain in their careers and influence.
And then you have the everyday tools, the "useful idiots" who need some cause to believe in, and will cheerfully supply the rope to the above mentioned parties to hang them with.

I was reading the, Big Three, sporting magazines back in the 70's through the 90's. They started environmental columns and articles back then, preaching gloom and doom. I doubt if 1% of their predictions ever came to pass. That's how it works. People politically inclined to the left have the memories of a flea. Some "scientist" says the world will starve to death in the year 2000 and the believers all run around with their hair on fire. 2000 comes and goes, everyone's fat, and the believers forget. And then someone says Tuvalu will be swallowed up by a rising Pacific in 3 years, and everyone's hair is on fire again. 3 years later Tuvalu has grown in land mass and the fleas move on to the next existential crisis. So it goes. I guess just keep your eyes closed and enjoy your crusade.
Well, you can dispute all you want but you aren't disagreeing with me. You are disputing every country in the world that is changing there lifestyle, every auto manufacturer in the world who is focusing on more efficient vehicles. Every appliance manufacturer who is focusing on more efficient appliances to reduce global warming. Factories who are reducing CO2 pollutant levels that used to bellow smoke and pollutants into the atmosphere. NASA, who is helping show people the effects through photography of the earth. Millions of scientific weather experts and meteorologists. So, when people on this website who have recently been effected by floods, hurricanes, tornadoes and other similar catastrophes due to global warming, like people suggested, maybe YOU can open your wallet and contribute a few bucks to THEM. I'm sure they would appreciate it. That way you can explain to them earth's temperature isn't increasing and causing disasters. Tell THEM that higher temperatures doesn't increase the strength of hurricanes. Don't tell me. I'm like Al Gore (who really didn't invent the internet). I'm just the messenger. And while you are at it, explain how the facts that AL Gore and scientists warned you about decades ago, have become a reality. And like someone mentioned, over the years things CAN change for the better. That doesn't mean that what they predicted back 20 years ago were lies to hurt people. Oh, and one final thing- you might want to explain why insurance companies like Allstate, in places such as Florida, are cancelling people's homeowner's policies because they live too close (within two miles) to the ocean. They must believe something is on the horizan. Good luck and good shooting.

2 members like this: graybeardtmm3, CJF
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Tim in PA
You know, I realize nothing myself, or anyone else here can say will change your mind. I was trying to come up with something that would at least make you think a little bit and consider an opposing position. I could point out graphs, like Al Gores, that while maybe accurate, are misleading. I could show you evidence of far warmer climate in holocene history, but I realize again, you would just ignore it.

Your polar bear argument is a good example. The "experts" claimed the bears would go extinct. Instead of going extinct, the population has risen. How do you explain that? Easy, you nonchalantly dismiss it by saying the "experts" didn't know what they were talking about. Great defense, think about that.

Mark Twain said it is easier to fool someone than it is to convince them they've been fooled.

The problem with this whole climate change trainwreck is that you have multiple large pieces at play, all pushing us into a disastrous, non weather related future, by advancing this narrative.

Countries, think China, that stand to gain a great deal of wealth, power and influence.
Politicians and bureaucrats, think EU and WEF, that stand to gain a great deal of control, power and wealth.
Scientists, too arrogant and self-consumed to admit they don't know everything, or maybe just activist, that stand to gain in their careers and influence.
And then you have the everyday tools, the "useful idiots" who need some cause to believe in, and will cheerfully supply the rope to the above mentioned parties to hang them with.

I was reading the, Big Three, sporting magazines back in the 70's through the 90's. They started environmental columns and articles back then, preaching gloom and doom. I doubt if 1% of their predictions ever came to pass. That's how it works. People politically inclined to the left have the memories of a flea. Some "scientist" says the world will starve to death in the year 2000 and the believers all run around with their hair on fire. 2000 comes and goes, everyone's fat, and the believers forget. And then someone says Tuvalu will be swallowed up by a rising Pacific in 3 years, and everyone's hair is on fire again. 3 years later Tuvalu has grown in land mass and the fleas move on to the next existential crisis. So it goes. I guess just keep your eyes closed and enjoy your crusade.
Something else, I'll be glad (as would anyone else) to see any proof to back up what you say. I have given you names, companies, people who are considered knowledgeable in their fields to back up what I passed along. I'd be glad to look at the proof you have on anything. Throwing useless blather into a conversation doesn't prove anything on your part. I would love to hear where you get your facts and who from, exactly. I gave you the name of the person who commented on the polar bear population. So, how do YOU explain your statements. The bible is only 6,000 years old. I gave you scientific evidence from 650,000 years ago. Don't just say, "SOME BOOK BACK IN 1970" . What book exactly? Show us the article. I would love to see it. I gave you recent data from a month ago.

CJF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

In 1994, heads of the major U.S. tobacco companies testified before Congress that the evidence that cigarette smoking caused diseases such as cancer and heart disease was inconclusive, that cigarettes were not addictive, and that they did not market to children. Less than 1 month after this testimony, a box containing confidential documents from the Brown & Williamson Tobacco Corporation was delivered to the University of California at San Francisco. What was revealed in these documents was evidence that the tobacco industry had for decades known and accepted the fact that cigarettes caused premature death, considered tobacco to be addictive, and that their programs to support scientific research on smoking and health had been a sham.

You are someone’s target market.
They may want your wallet.
They may want your vote.
They may just want you to be pissed off and not paying attention.
But the PragerU’s of the world are spending real money, on YOU, for a reason.

I engaged on this thread about politics because I’m worried about where we are going as a country. Will my kids enjoy the same freedoms and opportunities that I did? Will my wife and I enjoy the retirement we worked and saved for?
I don’t know.
I do know that the GOP today is not what it was when I voted for Reagan. Or Bush. Or a different Bush. Conservatism used to be about a way for America to be better. For Americans, and as a force for good in the world.
I engaged on this thread about politics because you all go right for the bait. You rally to defend this issue or that issue, and vote GOP because they’ll defend your guns or fight the “woke” for you.

You’ve contributed 11 pages comments saying why global warming is a hoax. Because of a video from PragerU funded by a billionaire (Dan Wilks) who made his money fracking.
So vote because you don’t believe the science. Or the news. Or the government.
Vote because you believe the propaganda bought by a billionaire.
You are the target market.

They know they are lying to you. Do you know?

3 members like this: SKB, BrentD, Prof, graybeardtmm3
Sidelock
Sidelock

I was wrong. Jimmy you are a full blown, koolaide drink'in sheeple, or at least that's what the data says. They have to offend you, but I am always fascinated to know, how are you able to be remotely associated with shotguns?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Jimmy W
These are two of the charts that Al Gore put in his movie in 2006. Scientists can drill down onto the ice in Antarctica and bring up core samples which can show them the past temperature of the earth and it's CO2 levels (among other things) back 650,000 years. They can tell this by the structure of the water molecules which have been in the frozen water. The blue line indicates the earth's temperature back 650,000 years and the red line indicates the CO2 levels at the same time. You can easily see that they are directly corresponding with each other. A rise in CO2 levels creates a rise in the earth's temperatures. College professor Roger Revelle had been charting these levels since 1965. Al Gore had to get a lift to show the rise in CO2 levels which you can see by the upward red line. This upward trend started in 1945- at the beginning of THIS generation. Never before had CO2 levels gone half as high as it is today. The rise in heat cycles which occurred back 100s of thousands of years ago which people say happened- did happen. But they are so small, you can hardly see them. Even the ice ages are very small compared to the extreme changes that are happening today. People have said, "Oh the temperature has only gone up one degree. Not a big deal." That is true. one degree AT THE EQUATOR. 1+ degree at the equator equals 12+ degrees at the North Pole. Someone criticized me because they thought I was not concerned about my fellow man. So, ask yourself this question: If in only ONE GENERATION we have caused this much changed which is going off of the chart, what are you going to leave for your children and grandchildren?

I am left nearly speechless by what Jimmy has posted here. Did Jimmy really say that ice ages are very small events compared to what we see happening today??? You would think the polar ice caps have melted and New York City is 100 feet under water. There is so much incorrect information packed into one short paragraph that I hardly know where to begin. It is evident that Jimmy believes anything and everything Al Gore says, and no facts, charts, or information anyone here provides is going to change his mind.

I suspected that I was probably wasting my time posting information, data, and links to refute what Jimmy is insisting upon. I did it only because I hope there are people who actually are willing to do their own research to find out they are being lied to. Jimmy asked for evidence to back up what we are saying, and he chooses to totally ignore the evidence I provided. I provide him a link showing that the number of hurricanes making landfall per decade has not increased one bit since 1850, and he continues to say there are more due to climate change. I show him evidence that there were periods in relatively recent human history that had warmer temperatures than we have today, in spite of higher present day CO2 levels, and he says that the minor warming we had recently is worse than any ice age. He apparently can't grasp the fact that a return to the conditions of the last ice age would end virtually all agriculture and food production in the entire Northern Hemisphere for thousands of years! So why should any of us bother providing any more? This is like a religion to people like Jimmy. They are as devoted and dogmatic as any radicalized Muslim terrorists who would blow themselves up with a suicide vest, while ignoring that the leaders of their religion do not practice what they preach. Al Gore and John Kerry have carbon footprints hundreds of times greater than what they say we all should have. They are rich, fat, and happy to have millions of brainwashed fools who do their bidding and accept everything they say. At this point, it appears that we all wasted our time , and only John Roberts got it right:

Originally Posted by John Roberts
I suggest you stay with Al Gore’s teachings, Jimmy. What he’s preaching is just right for you. Send him money as well. Give til it hurts. JR

Oh yeah, Ed got it right too... by posting the video of Chicken Little, hysterically screaming, "The Sky Is Falling!"....

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by CJF
...I engaged on this thread about politics because I’m worried about where we are going as a country. Will my kids enjoy the same freedoms and opportunities that I did? Will my wife and I enjoy the retirement we worked and saved for?
I don’t know.
I do know that the GOP today is not what it was when I voted for Reagan. Or Bush. Or a different Bush. Conservatism used to be about a way for America to be better. For Americans, and as a force for good in the world.
I engaged on this thread about politics because you all go right for the bait. You rally to defend this issue or that issue, and vote GOP because they’ll defend your guns or fight the “woke” for you....
Jo-n-kamala, and their appointed policy making ideologs are going to give your children, freedoms and opportunities? There is some value in picking the lesser of two evils, rather than trying to pedal some faux high ground.

2 members like this: Stanton Hillis, Ted Schefelbein
CJF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here's the PragerU transcript. Message me if you want to get on the phone to constructively discuss or even just tell me why I'm smoking dope. We're Americans. We ought to be able to talk this shit out.

(In my opinion, the video's justification for the last one, authoritarianism, is the weakest. I'll agree that GOP presidents Reagan and Trump did cut taxes and regulations. But that's now what this concern is about. The biggest issue is respecting US law and the peaceful transfer of power. 2020 was not a rigged election. If you believe Trump won in 2020, you're special, and I'm not worthy of your time, so let's not ever talk.)

Transcript

Why do you hate conservatives? Well let’s not say hate. Let’s say dislike, because you don’t really hate anyone.
You may dislike them because they want to ban abortion. Conservatives say they’re all for freedom, but when it comes to a woman’s freedom to choose what she wants to do with her own body, they sing a different tune.
You may dislike them because they oppress people of color and deny the fact that America is systemically racist. Conservatives say that everybody is equal regardless of race, and that racism has little to no effect on the daily lives of people of color. So they just ignore the issue altogether.
You may dislike them because they don’t believe in climate change. Scientists keep telling us we’re overheating the planet and conservatives don’t seem to care. They’re more concerned about profits than people. But what good is money if you have no planet to spend it on?
You may dislike them because they’re obsessed with guns. How are we ever going to stop gun violence if we don’t get guns off the streets? And how are we ever going to get guns off the streets, if conservatives block every commonsense gun law?
You may dislike them because they’re so intolerant. What’s the harm of calling somebody by their preferred pronouns? Why can’t conservatives just show some compassion instead of obsessing over every kind of behavior they don’t like?
You may dislike them because if they got their way, they’d get rid of democracy and establish an authoritarian theocracy. Bye-bye separation of church and state. Hello, fascism.
After all that, you might sum up conservatives in one word: ugh.

If any of this resonates with you, I get it. I’ve been there. But—and this surprised me—I found they actually have reasons for thinking the way they do.

Here are some of them.

On abortion: To start, we can agree that no one likes abortion. But there is a clear divide on the issue. Progressives focus their attention on the mother. Conservatives, while they have compassion for the mother, focus their attention on the baby. They see a human being growing in a mother’s womb as innocent and vulnerable. Those babies deserve to be protected, since they obviously can’t protect themselves.

On racism: Conservatives don’t deny that racist people exist, but when it comes to the narrative of systemic racism, conservatives are unconvinced. Of course there are disparities in this country, but why assume that these disparities are because of racism? Good schools, good parents, good habits, and good communities would go much further toward alleviating poverty and expanding opportunity than a lifetime of racial justice movements. By the way, these rules apply to everyone, regardless of skin color.

On climate change: Conservatives have very little faith in computer models that have been inaccurately predicting disaster for nearly half a century. Conservatives have a lot of faith, however, in human ingenuity to overcome climate. What is air conditioning but a human adaptation to the environment? See Miami or Phoenix for further reference. This is not to say we should simply do nothing. Nuclear power, for example, holds so much promise as a renewable and safe energy source. Conservatives don’t understand why environmentalists oppose it. It makes them skeptical—and suspicious—that the real agenda behind the environmentalist movement is not saving the planet, but giving more power to the government to control people’s lives.

On guns: We all want to live in a safe society. This is why firearms are regulated in every state. But we know bad guys will always find a way to get guns. See Chicago and Baltimore for further reference. That’s why conservatives want guns—to protect themselves from the bad guys. It’s not much more complicated than that.

On tolerance: Conservatives see tolerance as a two-way street. If someone demands to be addressed by certain pronouns and considers it intolerant if you don’t comply, conservatives wonder why that isn’t intolerant. Why are a conservative’s moral or religious beliefs less worthy of respect than anyone else’s?

On authoritarianism: Whenever conservatives win political power, they’re typically trying to cut taxes and regulations, make the government smaller, and bolster constitutional freedoms like that of speech and religion. That doesn’t sound very authoritarian, does it? Progressive policy almost always raises taxes, expands regulations, increases the size of government, and now curtails free speech. To a conservative, that sounds authoritarian.

Well, now that you’ve heard a few of their arguments, do you dislike conservatives less than you did before?
Not even a little?
I’m Amala Ekpunobi, host of Unapologetic at PragerU.com for Prager University.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by CJF
....So vote because you don’t believe the science. Or the news. Or the government.
Vote because you believe the propaganda bought by a billionaire.
You are the target market.

They know they are lying to you. Do you know?
Do you have any idea which President seated the last three Supreme Court Justices, and where the country would be, if those three were Jacksons
and Kagans? Have those two and Sotomayor ever ruled based on facts, such as there's supposed to be in science, or do they write hard left decisions to serve their political leaning?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Lloyd3
I can't believe that this thread is still running. .
That's hilarious, Lloyd. Of course it is still going, and you very well knew it would when you started it for just this reason.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by CJF
....On guns: We all want to live in a safe society. This is why firearms are regulated in every state. But we know bad guys will always find a way to get guns. See Chicago and Baltimore for further reference. That’s why conservatives want guns—to protect themselves from the bad guys. It’s not much more complicated than that....
Far too simplistic. Look at those of all stripes who visit here, appreciating fine sporting arms, among countless other needs, wants, and don't forget rights.

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.