May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (Jimmy W, Sandlapper, earlyriser, 2 invisible), 744 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,610
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I can't believe that this thread is still running. Oh well, it just goes to show you that what we believe is largely determined by who (or what) news sources we regularly consume. Who you believe to be credible is what you will ultimately believe to be true. The world view on PBS or NBC is going to be largely different from the perspective on Fox News or even on Bill O'Reilly's No-Spin News. Moreover, the dinosaur media systems (ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, etc.) have squandered most of their credibility and are now shedding viewers at an incredible clip, accordingly they are becoming more shrill with every passing day (fear sells facetime). The sky is indeed falling, eh? The recent news-room layoffs even made the national news yesterday.

We're at the point to where you just have to sit back and let it all happen (at least I am). This next year is going to be a bumpy ride. Buckle-up.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 02/07/24 12:59 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I suggest you stay with Al Gore’s teachings, Jimmy. What he’s preaching is just right for you. Send him money as well. Give til it hurts.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by John Roberts
I suggest you stay with Al Gore’s teachings, Jimmy. What he’s preaching is just right for you. Send him money as well. Give til it hurts.
JR
I think people give to these causes, mostly because it feels so good when they stop. But, the only better feeling is to spend other people’s money.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

These are two of the charts that Al Gore put in his movie in 2006. Scientists can drill down onto the ice in Antarctica and bring up core samples which can show them the past temperature of the earth and it's CO2 levels (among other things) back 650,000 years. They can tell this by the structure of the water molecules which have been in the frozen water. The blue line indicates the earth's temperature back 650,000 years and the red line indicates the CO2 levels at the same time. You can easily see that they are directly corresponding with each other. A rise in CO2 levels creates a rise in the earth's temperatures. College professor Roger Revelle had been charting these levels since 1965. Al Gore had to get a lift to show the rise in CO2 levels which you can see by the upward red line. This upward trend started in 1945- at the beginning of THIS generation. Never before had CO2 levels gone half as high as it is today. The rise in heat cycles which occurred back 100s of thousands of years ago which people say happened- did happen. But they are so small, you can hardly see them. Even the ice ages are very small compared to the extreme changes that are happening today. People have said, "Oh the temperature has only gone up one degree. Not a big deal." That is true. one degree AT THE EQUATOR. 1+ degree at the equator equals 12+ degrees at the North Pole. Someone criticized me because they thought I was not concerned about my fellow man. So, ask yourself this question: If in only ONE GENERATION we have caused this much changed which is going off of the chart, what are you going to leave for your children and grandchildren?

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted by John Roberts
JR
You aren't just disputing what I say. You are disputing NASA, millions of weather and meteorologist experts, all of the countries in the world who are changing their way of living, every auto corporation throughout the world and on and on. Every appliance you purchase from now on that has that little sticker on it that says, "energy efficiency" on the tag, you can doubt them, too. smile And I don't have to donate money to Al Gore. He does just fine without me. smile

Last edited by Jimmy W; 02/07/24 01:15 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

You know, I realize nothing myself, or anyone else here can say will change your mind. I was trying to come up with something that would at least make you think a little bit and consider an opposing position. I could point out graphs, like Al Gores, that while maybe accurate, are misleading. I could show you evidence of far warmer climate in holocene history, but I realize again, you would just ignore it.

Your polar bear argument is a good example. The "experts" claimed the bears would go extinct. Instead of going extinct, the population has risen. How do you explain that? Easy, you nonchalantly dismiss it by saying the "experts" didn't know what they were talking about. Great defense, think about that.

Mark Twain said it is easier to fool someone than it is to convince them they've been fooled.

The problem with this whole climate change trainwreck is that you have multiple large pieces at play, all pushing us into a disastrous, non weather related future, by advancing this narrative.

Countries, think China, that stand to gain a great deal of wealth, power and influence.
Politicians and bureaucrats, think EU and WEF, that stand to gain a great deal of control, power and wealth.
Scientists, too arrogant and self-consumed to admit they don't know everything, or maybe just activist, that stand to gain in their careers and influence.
And then you have the everyday tools, the "useful idiots" who need some cause to believe in, and will cheerfully supply the rope to the above mentioned parties to hang them with.

I was reading the, Big Three, sporting magazines back in the 70's through the 90's. They started environmental columns and articles back then, preaching gloom and doom. I doubt if 1% of their predictions ever came to pass. That's how it works. People politically inclined to the left have the memories of a flea. Some "scientist" says the world will starve to death in the year 2000 and the believers all run around with their hair on fire. 2000 comes and goes, everyone's fat, and the believers forget. And then someone says Tuvalu will be swallowed up by a rising Pacific in 3 years, and everyone's hair is on fire again. 3 years later Tuvalu has grown in land mass and the fleas move on to the next existential crisis. So it goes. I guess just keep your eyes closed and enjoy your crusade.

6 members like this: John Roberts, Ted Schefelbein, Stanton Hillis, canvasback, keith, mc
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

To beat a dead horse ,it was widely reported in the 1970s that we were going into an iceage and massive global cooling,all the usual suspects chimed in with scientific studies irrefutable data it was going to happen .well they were incorrect it didn't happen then global warming?what happened to global warming? Now climate change I just see people wanting control of our life our cars our heaters and stoves,our food production everything in life ,and you are labeled a science denier if you question them.and batteries are the next ecological disaster

Sidelock
Sidelock

If there is too much Co2, plant a couple trees.

3 members like this: John Roberts, Stanton Hillis, mc
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by mc
To beat a dead horse ,it was widely reported in the 1970s that we were going into an iceage and massive global cooling,all the usual suspects chimed in with scientific studies irrefutable data it was going to happen .well they were incorrect it didn't happen then global warming?what happened to global warming? Now climate change I just see people wanting control of our life our cars our heaters and stoves,our food production everything in life ,and you are labeled a science denier if you question them.and batteries are the next ecological disaster

Exactly. They thrive on drama.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.