April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Fudd, Parabola), 362 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,474
Posts545,168
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Durn Geo, not a good streak at your local show. I steer wide of any "experts" who look a little casual, waving guns around at shows. Maybe, I'll continue to just keep my whits about, at least as best I can.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Geo. Newbern
We used to have a pretty decent local gun show. We hadn't had one in over a year and I checked to see why. The last one had a couple of surprises. The deputy checking to be sure guns brought in by the guests were unloaded screwed up and fired a bullet into the table he was sitting at. Then an exhibitor somehow accidentally fired his personal carry gun into the crowded room. Even though nobody was hurt, the City decided no more gun show for a while...Geo

Unfortunately, we do hear of these accidental discharges from time to time. They are quite rare, and always the result of carelessness and/or unsafe gun handling practices. All of the gun shows I have attended in recent years have a security guy checking all guns brought onto the premises, and securing them with a Ty-Wrap. That does make it a problem when a potential buyer wishes to open a gun to check the bores, etc.

I used to try to go to at least one gun show every weekend from Fall to Spring, if I wasn't working. If I went to a show during hunting season, it would be on a Sunday. I still go to them, and still find some great deals that make the cost of Admission very worthwhile. But I don't go nearly as often because of the trend toward more and more non-gun related vendors. A few weeks ago, I got some screaming deals on ammo, reloading components, percussion caps, new Conetrol rings and bases, a new 98 Mauser Timney trigger, a snatch block, and a nice 42" long .36 cal. octagon barrel. I also had a Gun Show vendor there ask me if I would like to see his Gutter Guard system. I said, "No, you got any guns for sale?"

One thing I have never seen or heard of happening inside a Gun Show is having some lunatic choose that as a target for a mass shooting, or an armed robbery. As crazy as some of these perpetrators may be, they know better than to choose a venue where their crime would come to a sudden unpleasant end in a matter of seconds. So to me, the extremely remote risk of getting struck by an accidental discharge at a gun show is probably even less than the same thing happening while hunting. And both the gun show and hunting activities are much safer than merely walking the streets in many crime ridden Democrat run cities. Over 100,000 people per year are dying from drug overdoses, most due to Biden and the Democrats leaving our borders wide open. And Democrats say and do nothing to stop those deaths. So there's that bit of evidence that guns in the hands of law abiding citizens are not nearly as dangerous as anti-gun Democrats claim. I'm still trying to figure out why any gun owner would ever vote for anti-gun Democrats. The only answer I can come up with is "You can't fix stupid."

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

We use to have a great show in houston many years ago, 2000 tables. Guys like James Wayne, hershall chaddick, Jack piglisi Thad Scott, etc would show up. Now it’s gone to nothing and not in houston anymore.

Maybe 600-700 tables. Just like you guys are saying, defensive guns, and other junk

From a friend of mine who was doing shows all over he says shows are pretty much dead for nice guns. He has cut back

John
Quality Arms

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

At one time I had 5 tables, set up with Richard Freer and Brian Radcliff. We had the whole section.

John
Quality Arms

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

i kept a table at the houston gun collector's shows for 10+ years, from the late 70's until about 1990....they were excellent shows and well organized. one of the useful rules was that all tables were allowed no more than 16 square inches (might have been 18sq") of non-gun related items - i actually saw an official with a plexiglass template, who would "measure" a tables content. nowadays, the average "gun show" may not be 30% gun related...i.e. the black rifle coffee company....

like most old folks, i suppose we're taking our turn at observing that...things are going to hell in a handbasket.

best regards,

tom

"it's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards."
lewis carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.